What is your rarest cosmetic/ship set that you like to use?

• I'm a newer player and am curious about what cosmetics are rarest so I know what to avoid. So, what is the rarest player cosmetic/ship cosmetic in the depths of your chest?

Aufrufe
    questiongeneralcommunity
  • what cosmetics are rarest

Nothing, almost everything becomes earnable after a period.

• Are you avoiding them for combat/skill perception reasons?

This isn't a game where cosmetics say much at all for skill in combat or even interest in combat.

Lots of people that play very rarely and very casually have some of the oldest cosmetics in the game, and now that guilds are a thing people are using other people's sails, so it says even less about someone's combat skill now.

Same for curses and all that. Try to avoid being intimidated by stuff, a lot of the stuff says more about people's social participation than in game combat. A lot of it is just networking related.

I just use what I like. I rarely used cosmetics before captaincy and now I just use stuff that I enjoy and that keeps the vibes good.

At any given time I often use a bit of everything, emporium, in game earned, drops, giveaway stuff.

I'm a good example of why it doesn't matter because I use good boy sails quite a bit and am peaceful and hunt megs. I have zero points and interest in tdm style fighting. 100% defense pvp. It's just cosmetics at the end of the day.

On the other side there are a bunch of people that pretty much only play hourglass and might only have a year in the game that are very very good at pvp. So they might not have many cosmetics at all but are going to win most of the time.

• @wolfmanbush I'm not afraid of combat, I quite enjoy it. Rn since I'm new I'm just trying to get my hands on emissary flags and don't want to take on more than I can chew if I'm stacking to get to 15 in all companies. Being a new player I don't want to challenge/plunder a pirate that is too experienced, savvy?

• @rogueagent5874 said in What is your rarest cosmetic/ship set that you like to use?:

@wolfmanbush I'm not afraid of combat, I quite enjoy it. Rn since I'm new I'm just trying to get my hands on emissary flags and don't want to take on more than I can chew if I'm stacking to get to 15 in all companies. Being a new player I don't want to challenge/plunder a pirate that is too experienced, savvy?

Sure, but that was the point of the post. You won't know until the fight happens as cosmetics won't tell you much.

There was a multiple year stretch where the highly skilled pvpers hopped onto servers and used default cosmetics. Nothing flashy.

Since you like to fight and are new you should fight anyone that wants to fight you. "biting off more than you can chew" is fine sometimes since you enjoy fighting.

You never know what you can steal or which crews you can outplay until you try it out. This game is random and chaotic.

Get involved in everything and you'll bring home some treasure and wins, some of it may surprise you.

You'll know when those cannonballs start flying, that's when the useful data arrives.

• @burnbacon misinformation

• @rogueagent5874 NAL/SoC, Golden Banana set (4 or 5 people who have em might not play anymore), Ferryman, Year 1, and Arena Cosmetics. There are other OG Cosmetics such as brave vanguard sails,overachiever sails and the wailing barnacle set that people who've been playing for 5 or 6 years have as well.

• Not very rare, but I use merchant alliance emissary and company shop cosmetics because they look cool. Cosmetics are more about taste than skill

• @rogueagent5874

Deckhand Sails

Don't fear, especially during Community Day/Weekends.... some may have goodies!

• The rarest cosmetic i like using is merricks jacket. Which isnt necessarily rare and will eventually come back soon enough, i just enjoy using stuff that looks nice rather than focusing on the rarity of my gear.

If you want to know what rare cosmetics you want to avoid, the old black and white reaper stuff tends to be very dangerous players. Wandering reaper, inevitable reaper, and shipwreck reaper. Those sets are often crewed by more dangerous players than any arena set ship!

• For me i would say the day one patch, only accesible via playing in the first 9 days of release. though players with this arent always good... like me

• Brave Vanguard Sails, Day 1 eyepatch and Bear and Bird Figurehead (Legacy version not the Emporium version)

• I prefer the Borderlands-themed Mayhem set on my ships. I've never seen anyone else out using it (mostly because it's tacky and mildly offensive to the eyes in mostly reds and yellows and makes you basically visible from space) but BL has long been my favorite game series and I like Claptrap as the figurehead of my sloop.

It's also one of the few sets that was only available for a limited time during the Making Mayhem event in 2021 and has never been re-released at a later date.

• @revelent1616 I would like to see, speaking of eypatches is the option to chose which eye to cover. Mainly because of the gold curse. One eye is gone because of the curse and you can only cover the good eye. If it weren't for the gold curse, I'd wear my day 1 patch.

Aufrufe
questiongeneralcommunity
1 von 14