Is it Flameheart or Faintheart?

• I missed out on a lot of the updates. But I remember reading about Flameheart in the “Tales from the Sea of thieves.”

In the short story, it’s said to be recorded by flameheart but it’s actually just his “son” trying to live up to his father’s name. I’ll need to reread it to find out more.

Are we sure that the current flameheart is the actual Flameheart?

“My name is not important for I shall be leaving it behind.”

“Now my father is no longer alive. I would love to become the man that he was. This is not possible however. We are not family, for one thing. I was rescued soon after I was born, although from what is a secret that papa took to his grave.” “You do not need to know.”

Aufrufe
  • Tales of the Sea of Thieves was written by Flameheart Jr. who also just so happens to be the Servant of the Flame.
    The big mean Skeleton lord, with an Ashen heart, a spiky hat, and a penchant for being fashionably late, is Flameheart Sr. or just Flameheart, he's the genuine article!
    Flameheart rescued Jr./Servant from the clutches of a mysterious character only known as The Cap'n. The previous owner of the Burning Blade before Flameheart mutinied him and left him on an uncharted Isle. Flameheart took the young boy out of the Sea of Thieves away from danger, raised on his personal estate.
    The Thrall that Jr./Servant encounters in Tales of the Sea of Thieves, the one who gives him the Chalice to drink from, is said Cap'n.

• @heyltsmetc thanks friend! That’s so interesting.. so why is flameheart going along with Capn’s plans? It sounds like this is all due to his manipulation

• @straw-hat-blake Flameheart isn't going along with the Cap'ns plans, he's following his own goals of Strength = Power and proving oneself through acts of might! He'll rule the Sea of Thieves by being the strongest! You have a chance to prove yourself as a devout follower, or you'll be wiped for opposing him.
    The servant/Flameheart Jr has aligned himself to Flamehearts views of a "free" Sea of Thieves not beholden by the ways of the Pirate Lord, and is seeking to help him acheive that.

We don't know the Cap'ns goals, or desires, or anything beyond his current situation of "hiding" in the Shroud, and being aligned to the Dark Brethren (or at least, he was, there's a chance he isn't anymore) But after Flamehearts Mutiny, he faded into a legend. There's always the chance, however, he will return..

• @heyltsmetc said in Is it Flameheart or Faintheart?: He'll rule the Sea of Thieves by being the strongest! You have a chance to prove yourself as a devout follower, or you'll be wiped for opposing him.

that sounds kinda like a threat haha😅

It could be deeper than that. Because it sounds like Cap'n and his son were crucial in Flameheart reaching his full potential for power. Being resurrected was almost surely his plan all along. There is clearly some manipulation goin on I just can't tell if Flameheart is being tricked by someone much worse than him. That's how a lot of stories like this go. Like Madara resurrecting himself only to realize that's what kaguya needed to resurrect herself.

It seems like the goal of the Cap'n and his dark brethren was to "destroy the pirates life in the sea of thieves and beyond." Very similar to Flamehearts own ambitions. You have to ask yourself, what happens when the whole world is cured like he is? https://seaofthieves.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Brethren https://imgur.com/EmW7ILv

Might means right are definitely Flamehearts motivators. But absolute power corrupts absolutely. You would be a fool to just allow someone to get all that power. Not to mention the fact that his followers only want to steal that power for themselves (wait the power can be stolen? I bet Cap'n steals it🤔)

As a devout Guardian of Fortune, id like to remind you that we rescued Merricks soul and his secrets that Flameheart wanted are still out of reach. The reapers were able to accomplish what they did because it was mysterious and caught us off guard. Now we know exactly what we're up against. And I would warn you to take a look at all of the skeletons around the world. Do they look happy? It seems like they're all slaves. You're just going to end up in a bone callers ball if you're not careful 🤣

• @straw-hat-blake Wasn't a threat, it's literally his condtions!
    The Cap'n is known to pull strings behind the scenes, but what strings hes pulling we don't know.

The Cap'n and Flameheart don't have any cahoots now, Flameheart and Jr's motives, as of current, are entirely their own, and Jr's relation to the Cap'n is in origin only!

The Cap'n, and the Dark Brethrens goal was to "take over" the Sea of the Damned, and install Davy Jones as the new Ferryman, so that he may control life and death in the Sea of Thieves. Oppose him or the Brethrens way, you don't get to come back to life. That was their end goal.
    Flamehearts own ambitions are to break down the Veil between the worlds, to give himself ultimate power over this realm and the next, and rule the Sea of Thieves from atop his thrown, watching people squabble like true pirates on a sea of flames. He wishes to remove the Pirate Lords "Pirate Theme park Getaway" way of running the Sea of Thieves.
    To summarise:
    The Pirate Lord wants to run a "safe haven" for Pirates, that he controls, where you're free to live out your own adventures (within reason)
    The Dark Brethren want to ANNIHILATE the Pirates Life and run their own domain.
    Flameheart wants to install a true Pirates Life. One of might, proving yourself, and taking whats not yours, all while sat at absolute power as King.

And as a bystander to all of this, swearing little allegiance to anything but my crew and the Sea, i want to remind you that it was the Brethren who wanted Merrick, and that Flameheart has always been one step ahead regardless. The followers of the Flame successfully prevented Pendragon from sealing him away, trapping him in the Sea of the Damned instead.
    Flameheart brought the Sea of Thieves to its very knees before he was killed by Duke, and even then, he found ways to guarantee his return. And he IS returning. Eventually.

• @HeyltsMeTC Haha sry I thought you were in character as a servant of flame😅 So I reciprocated.

If theres foreshadowing of him "pulling strings" like you say then he surely has more to do with the bigger picture of this. I do wonder how much Jr knows about his real father too. It seems like he's been a bit brainwashed ever since he drank out of that chalice.

Can you explain the difference a bit between the control someone would have with breaking down the veil vs if they took over the ferry? How does he get ultimate power from breaking the veil, wouldn't it mean we all can't die anymore? And how is Flameheart breaking down the veil going to create the true pirates life? Anyone gaining full control over the seas isn't even a pirates game anymore. It's a monarchy at that point haha.

The Pirate Lord just believes in something called a "crew." He doesn't control us at all from what I can see. He's just created a group of people that have a common dream for what the Sea of Thieves can be. Like for example if Ramsey proposed a truce between Flameheart for example then is he trying to control him?

It almost sounds like flameheart saved us from the dark brethren then? He can try but I fully expect for another "servant" of flame to be Flamehearts undoing. Flamehearts going to have to learn the hard way that the real power lies within the crew. We'll teach him over and over until the end of time and have fun doing it.

• The current flameheart is the original flame heart. His son took up his name because he believed his father to be dead, but when he found out that his father still exists he gave up the name and chose to follow him as his ambassador. But flameheart is functionally a different man than his son remembers him to be since the skeleton curse typically corrupts and alters the mind of who it infects.

Before he was a skeleton, flameheart tried to shield his son from the life that he lived and who he really was, but after he was cursed that seemed to change, but he is the original flameheart who tried to take over the sea of thieves long before.

Aufrufe
3 von 9