Rumblebeard - Kicked for Anticheat Violation?

• I cannot find any information on this online; I tried to join and I got the above message and then a 'rejoin previous session' notice. I absolutely have not cheated nor done anything different to my computer since last night when I last played. Should I be worried? The beard notice isn't even on the official list of beards.

Aufrufe
  • If you're not cheating I wouldn't worry.

I've seen people disconnected for anti-cheat issues and they pop right back in.

Issues do happen from time to time as nothing is perfect but I've never seen anyone banned (and kept that way) that wasn't involved in some shadiness. Typically if it's a mistake it'll get cleared up but I wouldn't worry if you're not cheating.

• @wolfmanbush I figured as much; it's just weird that it showed up before I even got into a session and then let me right back in. Usually the EAC issues block you from even loading in, and the Rumblebeard error seems to be a mystery to all as a google search doesn't even bring up any info on it.

• @gvnecromancr said in Rumblebeard - Kicked for Anticheat Violation?:

@wolfmanbush I figured as much; it's just weird that it showed up before I even got into a session and then let me right back in. Usually the EAC issues block you from even loading in, and the Rumblebeard error seems to be a mystery to all as a google search doesn't even bring up any info on it.

The ones that aren't causing any trouble are typically the ones that worry the most. It's an unfortunate part of not wanting to be involved in trouble for a lot of people.

You'll probably still worry a bit for understandable reasons but you'll be alright. It's been going around, I haven't seen it lead to any big trouble for legit players.

• Hey guys, I'm getting this same issue now, unfortunately, unlike what WolfManBush has said this can lead to genuine issues so make sure you have a ticket running so they're aware, I started off with the Hazelnutbeard errors for almost 6 weeks then suddenly being hit with a Redbeard, it then took me almost a month after that to get it overturned eventually and now have this Rumblebeard error so almost 3 months of hassles now. Support so far has just given me the basic fixes none of which have worked but waiting to hear back from them and hopefully get through to some more advanced potential fixes soon.

tl;dr I would be slightly concerned and make sure you have a ticket trail of the issues to back yourself up.

• I am getting that error too.
    Did not play since 2022 and now i'm a cheater LOL

• Also getting that issue. Was stuck on a black loading screen then kicked for the anticheat violation and every time I try to rejoin the session the same thing happens.

• I am also getting this error and It's honestly ridiculous I should just be able to launch and play the game

• im getting same error now havent played in forever decided to update and im getting same error

• @comicozzi said in Rumblebeard - Kicked for Anticheat Violation?:

im getting same error now havent played in forever decided to update and im getting same error

i fixed it with file verify

• How do you do the file verify?

• @paardenzaad if you're on Xbox Game Pass, right click on the game name on the left side, go to manage, then files tab and you'll find verify and repair, if Steam then just right click on it in your library, go to Properties, Installed Files then you'll see the option there. It hasn't work for me unfortunately. Have tried every fix that Support has shown and a bunch online that I found and nothing has worked yet. This seems like a major issue their implementation of EAC has caused and they'll need to fix on their end. I'm a bit disappointed because support has yet to gather any logs, files or other details from me that would help them ascertain the problem. This could indicate that they're well aware of the issue and that is why they're not bothering with these which they'd need to find out what it is.

• To me this seems like an issue with EAC it doesn't seem to run as a backround process when starting the game. Verifing the Game Files didn't seem to help.

After starting the Game EXE File directly from the explorer it works as usuall.

Maybe something with the starting parameters since the start from a pinned taskbar icon didnt work.

• @unlikelykoala48 you can find the EXE File under something like this: D:\XBox\Sea of Thieves\Content

• Haven't played in years - logged in - told I was a cheat - ????

• I got the same error just now. On steam. I bought SoT yesterday and I got the anti cheat violation message after doing the first tall tale chapter a pirates life

• @svennisboi I did a file integrity check. Nothing found. But it worked nonetheless.

• Downloaded off of xbox game pass. Immediately had issues not able to even load the game. Redownloaded 4 times, twice I downloaded it to my HDD and again on my SSD. Now I finally get the game to load up, I'm getting the "Kicked for anit-cheat violation. (Rumblebeard)" This isnt the only game I have been having issues with, downloaded HELL LET LOOSE and that gave me load errors. It has to be with the game pass authentic coding. All the other games I have previous to the last windows update, they all load up fine.

• I have this problem too, what the hell?

• I'm having the same issue, can someone tell me how to fix, I have tried a lot but nothing seems to work…

• After a year away, I have returned to the seas only to be kept away by being labelled as a cheat.

• Same for me, downloaded the game again after 2 years without playing and this error pops up. Any answer on how to fix it ?

• Also getting this. Please anyone have a fix? Tried verify and repair. Not working

• @piston773 said in Rumblebeard - Kicked for Anticheat Violation?:

Also getting this. Please anyone have a fix? Tried verify and repair. Not working

• Also have this issue, still no fix?

• Bought the game today. Can't even start the tutorial since I'm somehow a cheater.

• Crazy how this was a problem months ago and still is because rare wont get off of their buts and fix the game we all paid for

• This just happened to me. Was sailing along with level two gold hoarders flag and after I changed server by diving to the mission, I got that message and now I can’t even launch the game

• @xela1462080 said in Rumblebeard - Kicked for Anticheat Violation?:

This just happened to me. Was sailing along with level two gold hoarders flag and after I changed server by diving to the mission, I got that message and now I can’t even launch the game

Come to find out, it seems that game pass glitched or something. Thinks I don’t have the pc game pass for some reason and cannot get it back. Just got it on steam at this point. Shall see how that fixes it

• I use STEAM, Windows 11 PC. if i install EAC, game wont launch (online and offline "play anyway") ... if i uninstall EAC the game WILL launch offline and then turning back the internet this allows me to fiddle around the emporium (got the free item).. but thats pretty much it...... the problem is clearly EAC..... this is sad. I have opened multiple support tickets, spent most of the 6 months ive been dealing with this issue reading reddit, sot discussion forums, steam discussion forums, youtube, google..... if i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sea of Thieves\Installers\EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe" install 0367a3a8ea344f08851d76facf6f66d3 GAME WONT LAUNCH..... if i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sea of Thieves\Installers\EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe" uninstall 0367a3a8ea344f08851d76facf6f66d3 GAME WILL LAUNCH OFFLINE, then i can turn on the internet to be able to log in, AT LEAST see the emporium, BUT THIS CONFIRMS THE PROBLEM IS EASY ANTI CHEAT !!!!!!!!!!! im using windows 11 with a geforce GTX 1650 TI ... all my games work flawlessly, only SoT is the one NOT LAUNCHING due to EASY ANTI CHEAT!!

• downloaded the update of season 13 but had no time to play at 25th july. today at the morning i tried to play and got rumblebeard error after setting sail. restarted the game and it ended up in yellowbeard... anyone else got the problem too?

• I just got Rumblebearded and i played last night too?

• I just got that same error and I was in the middle of a massive intense fight. We were fighting a burning blade and we just got fire from Ashen Roar so I was getting water from the barrel when it happened. I was so worried for my crew but luckily I could get back in, even though it was slightly delayed. I cannot understand how it happened. Am glad that it didn't cost my crew a sink I would feel really bad about. And no, I don't cheat etc. Was slightly worried. Googled and saw this thread. Am glad I'm not the only one who had this issue. Season 13 as well.

• Friend finally returned to game and gor this stupid error. We tried everything and nothing helped. Whole evening ruined.

Aufrufe
30 von 44