Anyone on here ever do something just to see if you can?

• Just logged on after the update to check out some items I unlocked before the servers went down and there was a sloop and a player bb fighting right next to me and I had the evil thought of what if I just went over there a sunk that bb for that sloop crew I bet everyone would be real confused when they get taken out by a solo sloop. So I raised anchor and set sail towards the commotion, while passing the sloop (a duo) I used the horn to propose an alliance and then proceeded to the bb. Upon my arrival I immediately chainshotted each and every one of their masts to keep them from getting away and then while they where dealing with that and trying to get an angle on this duo I put myself into a small loop behind them so I can pepper them and safely keep up the pressure, not 5 minutes later the ship is sunk and i was out of cannonballs so i raised sail and went to say hi to the duo before calling it a night. Only wish I was able to talk to that bb crew as I kinda felt bad my own curiosity most likely ruined their run/night. 😅

Aufrufe
    just for fun
  • @distractable1 said in Anyone on here ever do something just to see if you can?:

Only wish I was able to talk to that bb crew as I kinda felt bad my own curiosity most likely ruined their run/night. 😅

They chose to become the world event.

I very much believe in keeping in line with the conscience in all conditions, including multiplayer gaming but when dealing with opt-in pvp/higher risk content it's objectively fair to engage in random/organic scenarios. Reapers/hg/BB/Siren song/world events. They are designed to create encounters, risk, and likely combat.

• Fair enough lol mostly just felt bad they ended up being my target practice since I didn't even really want the loot and was seconds from logging out before deciding to go for it, ended up giving it all to the other sloop and then signing out from the deck of their ship as they asked if me and my non existent crewmate wanted join their alliance so I could get a bit of cash from it, told em I was just looking to see how I'd fair against a crewed bb as a solo sloop. 😅, just wish I was recording it as a nice little tutorial for all those times I hear people complaining about how s13 content is "too hard for solo players".

Only took about 3 hits the whole fight as they couldn't get an angle due to the bbs slow tankiness, only option they had was to take sniper shots off the back and attempt a board but they where too scared to try or couldn't get to my ladder as I was pretty much doing a figure 8 along their backside.

A side note for the bb crew if they ever find this post and read it is that if they focused more on bucketing/mast repairs than trying to snipe me then they would've won as I had like 3 cannonballs left when they sunk since it was just a fresh spawn ship without supplies and the other sloop just kinda backed up to repair and let me do my thing.

• I remember awhile back I stacked athena and stronghold kegs on a harpoon rowboat, harpoon a skelly gally, and yelled out " FOR SCIENCE " than I sworded the kegs just to see what would happen.

• @wa1martcustomer I'm now curious... What did happen? Instant demise of the skelly ship!?

• @l89-sonic no idea because as I hit the keg a wave pushed me down so all I saw was blue from the kegs lol..I might do it again soon and record it.

Aufrufe
just for fun
4 von 6