Error 0x803F8001 - Beta Win10 Download Workaround

• Outdated information, for more details click the link below.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/27262/an-update-on-the-too-early-error-message

Original Post
    Ahoy thar Fo'Rum.

For users receiving the error code 0x803F8001 when trying to download the Sea of Thieves Closed Beta via the Windows 10 Store try the steps listed below.

*Please note that this is a workaround to the issue and not a guaranteed fix for the issue.

1. Open the Windows 10 Store, then in the top right corner click on the profile picture.
    2. If you have multiple accounts signed in, sign out all but the email account linked to the game's purchase/pre-order.
    3. Next, locate a free Windows 10 Store download and install it. (You can uninstall it directly after)
    4. Then try playing (downloading) Sea of Thieves again through the Windows 10 Store "Library" page.

The above should hopefully refresh the store and bypass the error code being received by some users.

If these suggestions don't help, I would recommend you get in contact with support.

Thank you for your patience.

Aufrufe
  • @pikaaroon Is the error coming from SOT or the windows store?

• Dowload Beta:

alt text

• @liquickmetal

We believe that the error is in relation to the Windows 10 Store, an issue reported after the 'Fall Update'. Not specifically an isolated Sea of Thieves install error.

• Here is a workaround for another issue you may encounter, stuck "Downloading" forever on the Windows 10 Store.

1. Cancel the stuck download on Windows 10 Store
    2. Close Windows 10 Store
    3. Search for Apps & Features, open it and scroll all the way down, if you see something named "Unavailable" uninstall it.
    4. Search for Windows 10 Store in the same Apps & Features area, select it and click "Advanced Options"
    5. Click the Reset button and let it complete
    6. Search for "wsreset" without quotes in windows, then open it and let it run, when it completes the Windows 10 Store will re-open
    7. Attempt to reinstall the Sea of Thieves beta, it should progress normally now.
  • @looter212 said in Error 0x803F8001 - Beta Win10 Download Workaround:

Here is a workaround for another issue you may encounter, stuck "Downloading" forever on the Windows 10 Store.

1. Cancel the stuck download on Windows 10 Store
    2. Close Windows 10 Store
    3. Search for Apps & Features, open it and scroll all the way down, if you see something named "Unavailable" uninstall it.
    4. Search for Windows 10 Store in the same Apps & Features area, select it and click "Advanced Options"
    5. Click the Reset button and let it complete
    6. Search for "wsreset" without quotes in windows, then open it and let it run, when it completes the Windows 10 Store will re-open
    7. Attempt to reinstall the Sea of Thieves beta, it should progress normally now.

Did not work for me. No worries though, fixed my issue. alt text

• This resolution didn't work for me.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks! This was the exact workaround needed! Back to the crows nest for me!

• Didn't work.

I hope Microsoft paid you ABSURD money to put your game up on this horrendous platform.

• To be clear, I am getting this error AFTER having already downloaded and played the game all day yesterday. I get this when attempting to launch the game.

Sea of Thieves Closed Beta is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

• check this out from DEVS for Too Early & 0x803F8001 Error Messages
    https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000124347-Too-Early-Error-Message

they made a work around, using insider hub

Aufrufe
1 von 11