Community Game - "Mr. Squiggle"

• Ahoy thar Fo'Rum! (and Creatives)

To help pass the time, I figured I would offer a fun little game for us all to play.

Let's play Mr. Squiggle!

While creating this thread I realised that Mr. Squiggle & Friends was actually an Australian children's television series on ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) and so a lot of you will have absolutely zero idea what I mean by "Let's play Mr. Squiggle!"

To sum the show up Wikipedia says this:
    The basic premise of the show remained the same: children wrote in with their "squiggles" and Mr. Squiggle would turn them into recognisable drawings by connecting lines with his pencil nose. More often than not, the picture would be drawn upside down (Hetherington manipulated the puppet from above by viewing the drawing upside down), and then Mr. Squiggle would gleefully declare: "Upside down! Upside down!" – asking his assistant to turn the picture the right way up and reveal the completed drawing.

More information on Mr. Squiggle

The game works like this;

• Someone starts by drawing a random assortment of lines and shapes.
    • Then someone else will come along and transform those shapes into a picture.

Here's an example I made:
    alt text

To be fair, Mr. Squiggle used to create these drawings upside down most of the time and then flip them up the right way at the end to reveal what it was he was drawing the entire time. But let's keep this simple

So I suggest to people who would like to partake, download the image. Drop it into your MS paint-esk App of preference, draw away and then upload again as a new comment.

Refer to the Forum User Guide for details on Adding a Picture: Here

HAPPY DRAWING!!

Swabbie AaronLeigh - Deckhand

Aufrufe
  • Let's kick things off with our first Squiggle

alt text

• alt text

• guess my turn
    alt text

• @TheAaronLeigh @cSp-Cybot Fun! I love playing this game at restaurants that have crayons and paper as tablecloth. Great way to pass the time!

alt text

Alright, deploy the squiggle!

alt text

• @IOnEI-Falcon alt text

• alt text

• //i wanna play lol but where's the symbol, @TheAaronLeigh?? :'(

• @CaptnJaq feel free to pick one of the already existing shapes haha I was in a hurry with mine.

Thinking I might formalise this game a bit more and have one shape that everyone does one drawing for and then I'll switch it out with another squiggle.

Not sure how to work this to make it easy to follow.

Suggestions?

• @TheAaronLeigh, like a Shape of the Week? that could work ;'D

.. i have to leave for work now, but i'll hop on asap this afternoon and squiggle away.

• @IOnEI-Falcon

alt text

I made the flash... I thought id tell everyone because my art is so terrible

(ps. He moved so fast his hands fell off)

• alt text
    here one

• @cSp-Cybot
    alt text

next shape
    alt text

• @DuMy2008

alt text

alt text

• @lizalaroo i couldnt of done something better myself l***o!!

• @lizalaroo alt text
    hard to draw with a mouse

• @cSp-Cybot Not a bad job though lol I was gonna go for a chicken.

• @lizalaroo alt text
    That is one weird hand XD

• @Monkey-D-Volt That's because it's hair! lol

• alt text

• @cSp-Cybot
    alt text

• @lizalaroo said in Community Game - "Mr. Squiggle":

@cSp-Cybot
    alt text

good use mate i saw this
    alt text

• @cSp-Cybot lol Nice! I was gonna do a lady in a dress

Btw I didn't think you were supposed to do your own squiggle? lol

• @lizalaroo no but I just did it to see what pitcher I came up with I waited till someone posted to show it. I'll Raise me sails LOL

• @cSp-Cybot LOL

• alt text

• @lizalaroo
    Please don't ask me what that is.. hahaha
    alt text

• @KattTruewalker clearly it's a hook to replace those toes lost in battle :)

• @Ser-Swag-Pants Hahahaha!!!

• @lizalaroo I rotated your squiggle to make a dead horse... thing...

alt text

Let's kick this up a notch. Who's up for the challenge?

Good luck.

alt text

• @TheAaronLeigh I see you have realized the power of community games :D. I'll try out yours but first going to think of what to make it. Since it justs has to be a picture I'm going to see what crazy thing I can make.

• @Ant-Heuser-Kush said in Community Game - "Mr. Squiggle":

I was going to draw something but I don't have paint... Let's see if anyone has the same idea as me... so far three people have drawn thing I thought of.

I'm actually doing my drawings on Snapchat on my Google Pixel :P take a screenshot and upload to IMGUR on mobile. No computer needed.

• @TheAaronLeigh I knew it! Haha this was exactly what I tried to do. Only difference is for some reason I can't get into my imgur.

• old school lol the only way i know how lol@self
    alt text

• @CaptnJaq that's fantastic. Well done haha

Aufrufe
25 von 47