(PS5)Cant hear/speak to anyone in game whether it be crew chat or proximity, also cant see text chat!

• My friend and i have been playing since release on ps5 and since then i havent bee able to hear anyone or talk to anyone in game, nor can i see local text chat and i have no idea why. My friend can 100% hear and speak to everyone in game and i just have to stand there and wait for him to relay everything to me so i can be included. Ive tried swapping audio from speaker to headphones, adjusted all the volume levels, uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times, disconnected and reconnected my microsoft account multiple times, and nothing is working. I feel like I've tried every possible solution I've seen online and nothing has helped, and im losing my mind over it. I enjoy the game like crazy but like half the experience is just gone bc i have no idea if someone in game is talking to me or writing in chat. Anyone have any ideas on what i could do, im desperate, bc when my friend isnt online to chat in party an all, would love to be able to make friends or whatever in game!

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    question
  • @jellyfish6975 i had a similar problem and had to set the ,,push to talk Button,, manually.

• @getsufune2983
    I tried this option but isn’t work! I don’t know what is the problem. I can hear another player but i can’t speak with them.

• @jellyfish6975
    I am this same situation 😞 i have tried everything what I found in google 🤦‍♂️

• @GetsuFune2983 See for me the indicator in the corner (weather I have push to talk manual or off) says im talking, but i cant hear anyone and from my understanding they cant hear me, id rather be able to hear people than speak to them at this point lol, its just so infuriating bc like paid $40 bucks to not enjoy half the experience of the game

• I found a solution that worked for me!

@Bojar29 @GetsuFune2983 (https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/169047/found-a-solution-to-ps5-in-game-not-working-can-t-hear-people/1)

• @jellyfish6975
    Sorry friend but i can’t open this link I don’t know why 😞 can you write me what solution found you? 🙏 please

• Please help me also(
    Got the same problem

• @Bojar29 @Hmelium

Okay, so after alot of days and hours of trying everything on the internet. I discovered a dumb way that somehow fixed everything. Have the Xbox app on your phone or whatever device, sign in on it, go to your profile, hit settings, privacy, and where it says “Who do you want to communicate with outside of Xbox” and “Who do you want to communicate with on Xbox” set both to the “Everyone on the internet” and “Everyone on Xbox”. Then make sure to close SoT if not already, open it back up and boom! Hopefully this works for you also bc it 100% fixed all my problems!!

• @jellyfish6975
    Thank you so much 😁👌

• @jellyfish6975
    Thank you for the answer!
    I had already the same settings, but still can’t hear or speak on ps5

• @hmelium
    Have you read and worked through the solutions on the Support page? Scroll down for PS5 help. You might find something you haven’t yet tried.

• @legendary-liz The issue is deeper than the basic game/console settings. I have the same issue on my PS5 - I'm the only one who can't hear the prox chat.

• It worked initially when the game launched on ps5, I had no issues. Now I can hear others but they can’t hear me. It’s very frustrating and apparently it’s common as I’ve seen many others expressing the same experience.

The settings in the game are correct, nothing is muted on my mic/ps5, I’ve downloaded the Xbox app on my phone to ensure privacy settings allow for comms with all on internet. I mapped controller for manual push and it didn’t work. Tried different headphones, tried a different controller. Reinstalled the game on my ps5. No luck.

I hope the devs are aware of this so that if it is a bug in the game for ps5 it can be fixed.

• Same for me

• @legendary-liz I have tried that but it doesn’t work, and it is not my ps5 that it isn’t working because I can use voice chat in all my games like fornite and gta, but it is only seas of thieves that doesn’t let me use the voice chat. Can anyone please help me fix this bug?🙏🙏

• @is-mathias ahoy!

Please put a report in to support HERE so they are aware of your problem. :)

• Same😭😭

• I just started SoT with my friend and he was able to talk and stuff perfectly fine but I can't talk and hear what they are saying, I have tried different methods out and none work. Am I permanently unable to talk in the game or is there a way to fix it?

Publicaciones
Visitas
question
17 de 19