I have a concern with Season 13 and diving, I'd like your input as well.

• Hi friends,

I wanted to share my thoughts on the Season 13 update for Sea of Thieves. The return of Flameheart is incredible, and I've already had some of the most amazing PvP battles since the update. It's been a blast!

However, I do have a concern about the new update. It seems to encourage server hopping more than ever, which can be really frustrating. If you're not participating in the new event, your experience can vary wildly. Casual players, in particular, might find it either really enjoyable or incredibly frustrating. The issue is from numerous Grade 5 Reapers exploiting the dive feature just to find the Flameheart event. You can go from seeing no Reapers on the map to having two or three high grade Reapers suddenly appear near you, often after you complete just one simple voyage.

This increase in server hopping, driven by the dive feature, can be problematic. It affects casual players and those who want to relax and complete a few voyages without constant interruptions. This could potentially harm the game's community, as we need more players, not fewer, for Sea of Thieves to thrive.

I suggest significantly increasing the cooldown time for higher grade Reapers before they can dive again. This would make it more manageable and prevent them from unfairly surprising players who have literally just checked the map and scoped out the horizon. And let's be honest, "Safer Seas" isn't quite the same as the full Sea of Thieves experience.

Please understand that I'm not criticizing PvP itself, I'm concerned about how the dive mechanic is impacting the game. I'd like some intelligent feedback from you guys, from the people who love this game and want to see it continue to grow.

Thanks guys,

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • Imo, this doesn't really help those casual players as much as it annoys the Reapers.

With your proposal, casual players are still at risk of being invaded shortly after they checked the map. Just not from a Reaper who recently dove.

For that Reaper, not all dives are fruitful (if no emissaries to sink). So if they dive to a server via a standard Gold Hoarder dig map, and find no emis, now they're bored for however long until they can search again.

I remember being on the fence about another suggestion, as it was made way before the current diving system. But given how easy it is now, I think a better solution would be to notify the server with a FoF-like horn or some type of sound to indicate that a G5 Reaper has just entered.

This should only happen for a G5 Reaper, and only one that hops in. One that levels up organically on a server should be easier to track, and I don't think they should experience the same de-buff of being announced to the server once they can finally see everyone else.

Because it's not all casuals at risk here. It's the ones with emis. And emis are not even at much of a risk if the hopping Reaper can't see them on the map.

• Remove the emissary map visibility and replace the grade 5 Reaper ability with something else. That fixes all problems with Reaper hopping, puts all ships on equal footing for hunting down others, and doesn't mess with a crews ability to change servers to find what they are looking for.

It also improves a Reapers chances of finding an emissary because they won't lower or hop as soon as one enters the server since the Reaper isn't on the map anymore.

• @d3adst1ck

Removing The burning blade marker, G5 Guild marker and loot markers would make it all more fair....but we're not ready for that balancing.

There doesn't need to be a change. Hoppers are looking for the BB, not me or most of the casuals. Most of my getting attacked have been non reapers trying to get supps for a BB attack.

• I second or third the vote(idea) of removing all Emissary markers from the map. Let the hunting and evasion be more organic.

• @d3adst1ck said:

Remove the emissary map visibility and replace the grade 5 Reaper ability with something else.

Stealth?

What if at G5, Reapers have the ability to hide their own map visibility at will, with some reasonable restrictions and cooldown in between uses? They wouldn't be able to see other emis, but they'd be able to sneak up on others a lot more effectively. A "silent Reaper" without the exploits.

I disagree with some of the other suggestions here. G5 guilds should be marked for risk-reward reasons. The BB is a World Event and absolutely should be marked, Reaper emi level and all.

• People hopping for the BB arent going to be G5 reapers. They will be empty/blank ships. People seriously trying to find it arent going to raise an Emmi as it replaces theirs as soon as they take the BB

• suggest significantly increasing the cooldown time for higher grade Reapers before they can dive again

What about non reaper ships…..

• @theblackbellamy said in I have a concern with Season 13 and diving, I'd like your input as well.:

@d3adst1ck said:

Remove the emissary map visibility and replace the grade 5 Reaper ability with something else.

Stealth?

What if at G5, Reapers have the ability to hide their own map visibility at will, with some reasonable restrictions and cooldown in between uses? They wouldn't be able to see other emis, but they'd be able to sneak up on others a lot more effectively. A "silent Reaper" without the exploits.

I disagree with some of the other suggestions here. G5 guilds should be marked for risk-reward reasons. The BB is a World Event and absolutely should be marked, Reaper emi level and all.

The Guild one I wouldn't care either way; they earn less than a Reaper at G5.

World events, Reaper chests, Reapers Mark flag can all stay marked on the map. I just think that the way they've set up the emissaries and Reapers leads to less organic hunting, and map meta gaming where hopping to hunt or escape is kind of boring. It also removes an element of situational awareness and the ability to "hide" using the environment.

• Well as of right now, people who just want to chill and relax or whatever(as if safer seas doesn't exist) are having the time of their lives right now. Every PvP enjoyer is hopping for Burning Blade events which means everyone else is free to do whatever they want. People who used to hop for FoFs or FotDs are completely ignoring them to find Burning Blades. Diving changes nothing, most people join a server and leave if there isn't a BB event. Sure some will try to keep their emissary and supplies but they're looking for the event, not players. For people not wanting to PvP, its never been better for them. I'm sure this will die down at some point and the casual playerbase will return to normal but right now, most people want that event and nothing else.

• @rikjaxx I feel the complete opposite. I think every emissary at grade 5 should show up on the map. The point of emissary is risk vs. reward. You shouldn't get all the reward with no risk. If you don't want the risk, don't run emissary and you will barely ever get attacked. And there is no reason for the most sought after PVP world event to be completely invisible on the map, that's crazy. That's why FoF keys show up on the map, it's high reward which means high risk. Just driving around aimlessly for hours hoping to find a ship sounds so boring. It's a PVP game and if you don't want PVP, there's a mode for that.

Publicaciones
Visitas
8 de 11