Npc ships

• Something I would love to see is some npc ships added to the game sometimes I feel the sea portion of the game is very open but very just alone and could use some life in the sea apose to just players while I understand the devs have specifically stated they will not add a pve only gamemode how about adding ship pve on top of a pvp gamemodes it would not only add some sea life but the devs state

The game is designed to be filled with adventure, gold, stories to tell, and yes, loss and betrayal. It is a game of pirates, of outsailing or out-fighting your enemy, or of beating another crew and getting their loot. Or perhaps having your loot taken.

For this to change something at the very heart of Sea of Thieves would have to change. Our design was always to allow players to create their own stories - to not know if the sails on the horizon are friend or foe, to make friends, form shaky alliances, battle it out for gold and glory. We do not plan to change this. While I understand the game is meant to be pvp I fondly believe the sea could use some more life and here's where ship pve in ship pvp comes into play you would be fighting your enemy as stated there you can still find other crews and how about the ship pve has very small amounts of loot compared to doing quests it could also introduce a hunting questline the limits are endless

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    feedback
  • The problem with NPC ships on top of the skelly ships we already have would be they'd feel very predictable. Human npc ships wouldn't behave dynamically like a player ship just like how we see with the skelly ships.

The best way to bring more life to the sea's would be to increase ship numbers on the server but this is probably very difficult to achieve and could also lead to some players feeling the seas are too active.

• I think having more skelly ships roaming about would do the job. One thing I wish the game had is some roaming NPCs,

Like you arrive at an island and meet some characters from Tall Tales, like Jack Sparrow looking for treasure with his compass. Perhaps Sudds looking for some ancient secrets or viewing constellations. Umbra stashing journals etc. Belle investigating something. Just literally anyone. They wouldn't have to be on every island, perhaps they could offer some voyage/reward as well. One/two per server would be enough.

Also all those NPC's just standing at the islands should offer some voyages too.

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Npc ships:

I think having more skelly ships roaming about would do the job. One thing I wish the game had is some roaming NPCs,

Like you arrive at an island and meet some characters from Tall Tales, like Jack Sparrow looking for treasure with his compass. Perhaps Sudds looking for some ancient secrets or viewing constellations. Umbra stashing journals etc. Belle investigating something. Just literally anyone. They wouldn't have to be on every island, perhaps they could offer some voyage/reward as well. One/two per server would be enough.

Also all those NPC's just standing at the islands should offer some voyages too.

The solution for more ships is to separate each of the regions into their own server, with a McGuffin/storyline reason for the Devil's Veil acting up.

• Adding roaming NPC would be awesome. However, there was a period when they pulled the skellies as the SOT build at the time could not handle them. SOOO it would indicate that they are taxing on the server and NPC ships would be no different. There could be ways to potentially make it like an illusion.

Ships could travel on along set of "tracks" with regular, splits and mergers. Get rid of ladders (so you can't board from the sea), close off the lower decks and if someone does manage to board via cannon have the NPC's on the ship with 100% accuracy double tap them.

Same deal with NPC's as well.

• Maybe random fleets of human NPC ships chasing pirates...?

Publicaciones
Visitas
feedback
3 de 7