Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?

• Remember the teaser shots for when Skeleton Crews became persistent world threats, showing off a Sloop variant of the skeleton ships?

alt text

While there are plenty of Skeleton Galleons roaming the seas, Skeleton Sloops are very conspicuously absent. Do we have any concrete information as to why they apparently were not pushed to live?

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • one of the coolest models in the game. I think that the 500 Skeleton ship achievement should come with a cosmetic to make your ship look like that so that from far away people could think it's AI but it's not.

ANd that would also require Skeleton brigs which should be a thing eventually anyway!

And Skeleton Man-o-war raid boss ship pleaase!

• If you go to a Skellie ship cloud in a sloop. The beginning waves are skellie sloops. The final Captain fight is 2 galleons.

• @whyo said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

If you go to a Skellie ship cloud in a sloop. The beginning waves are skellie sloops. The final Captain fight is 2 galleons.

I meant as a persistent, roaming threat, like Skeleton Galleons already are. There are no Skeleton Sloops traversing the world on their own.

• Roaming and emergent skeleton ships have because scarce and all the bite taking out of what you do come across. More a whimper instead of a bark as well. Way way too much nerfing the Sea of Thieves!

• @blam320 I see what you’re saying.

• Skelesloops were supposed to be in this patch to attack sloops and brigs by bursting from the water. Haven't seen any yet while solo slooping. All i see is roaming gallys.

• @m1sterpunch said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

one of the coolest models in the game. I think that the 500 Skeleton ship achievement should come with a cosmetic to make your ship look like that so that from far away people could think it's AI but it's not.

ANd that would also require Skeleton brigs which should be a thing eventually anyway!

This Skin is already in the Game for Cursed Sails Vets, it’s called Bonecrusher Set

• @king-deka said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

@m1sterpunch said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

one of the coolest models in the game. I think that the 500 Skeleton ship achievement should come with a cosmetic to make your ship look like that so that from far away people could think it's AI but it's not.

This Skin is already in the Game for Cursed Sails Vets, it’s called Bonecrusher Set

That pretty much just gives you the figurehead only. The additional "ribcage" accents and tattered sails are absent.

• @m1sterpunch said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

@Deckhands Please edit/remove his message. (Edit my message if it is necessary ofcourse ;) )

• @mentimjojo said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

Skelesloops were supposed to be in this patch to attack sloops and brigs by bursting from the water. Haven't seen any yet while solo slooping. All i see is roaming gallys.

This is an NDA breach. Dev's never said those skelly ships would come in this patch. I know how and what from insider but you cant discuss that here.

@Deckhands Please edit/remove his message. (Edit my message if it is necessary ofcourse ;) )

Skelly ship sloops has been mentioned before in dev streams, it doesn't brake NDA, he's safe.

• @whyo The waves are pretty much random. I've done my 500 and most of them came from the battles. Most of those battles were done with a sloop. After many battles seeing what would spawn and when, I decided it's random. It's between 5 and 7 ships every battle though. 1 galleon, 2 galleons, a galleon and a sloop, 2 sloops, or three sloops. The captain ship is always a galleon though.

• Skeleton sloops are in the game as of Shrouded Spoils, however they only spawn in fleet events, shown by a large cloud in the shape of a ship. They spawn in varied waves, sometimes 3-4 in a single wave and sometimes a sloop and a galleon, and sometimes only galleons. It has been a community suggestion since their implementation to have them be the ambient aggressive variant as well, where they spawn on and surface beside a ship which is not in a fleet battle, alongside the galleons depending on either ship size or random chance depending on the suggestion, however in the main build of the game this is not yet the case.

• @red0demon0 said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

@mentimjojo said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

Skelesloops were supposed to be in this patch to attack sloops and brigs by bursting from the water. Haven't seen any yet while solo slooping. All i see is roaming gallys.

This is an NDA breach. Dev's never said those skelly ships would come in this patch. I know how and what from insider but you cant discuss that here.

Skelly ship sloops has been mentioned before in dev streams, it doesn't brake NDA, he's safe.

Still, nobody said it would come in this patch ;).

• I've never seen any of thoose... I thought they appeared in the seas randomly but never have seen them. Now i've learnt they appear on the raid... would be cool see some of those sailing randomly hahaha!!

PD: Skellies have better looking and stylish ships than us! They totally rock! Whish we could have that cool cosmetics for thoose who want a "dark-cursed-ghostly-theme ship", and I have to mention that I have the bonecrusher set for the ship, but it doesnt look that bada**! hahaha

Yeeehaa!
    Spreaad the curse in the seaaas!!

• @mentimjojo said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

@red0demon0 said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

@mentimjojo said in Whatever Happened to Skeleton Sloops?:

Still, nobody said it would come in this patch ;).

They've definitely talked about emergent sloops in dev updates. I just assumed it would be this patch. I haven't seen an emergent skelly ship of any kind as of late, sloop or galley. Not in a while anyway. Too bad too because they look so good bursting out of the water.

• @m1sterpunch they havent in any confirmative manner and the next update for retail is coming sept 11th be more carefull what you post where dude.

“With great power comes great responsibility”

Publicaciones
Visitas
11 de 17