Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?

• Cross-Play toggles for adventure is coming! Console users will be able to opt out of crossplay to play with console users only.>

Here we go again.. "console users"? this is not about console players or pc players, it is about using controller or using M&K.

I play on PC, I have no interest in removing the crossplay, but all players (pc, console, cloud) must have the same rights.
    What is it about? also put on pc the option to filter according to input device.
    We are all in this, we are all Xbox players and everyone should have the same options available.

If we continue to divide the Xbox community, what is next? elite controller? touch controls? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Views
  • Wut... do you mean controller users on PC? "Xbox players on PC" doesn't make any kind of sense.

• @mc-rossco I edited the title, but yes, Xbox players on PC should have the same options, right?

• @quietrobot personally I think input based matchmaking should be implemented whilst maintaining cross play at all times.

It's the fairest way.

• @quietrobot said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@mc-rossco I edited the title, but yes, Xbox players on PC should have the same options, right?

So you are asking for PC servers only? Is that what I am reading?

• @inboundbomb nah that's just dumb in my opinion

• @quietrobot said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@mc-rossco I edited the title, but yes, Xbox players on PC should have the same options, right?

Xbox (Platform) players on PC (Platform) have the same options? You just need to say controller players on PC. Xbox as an adjective doesn't make sense. I do agree that controller users on PC should have access to the same services as console though. Not all players have the same hardware on either and I know some players have worse hardware than OG Xbox One consoles and still play.

• @quietrobot Just let it go my friend.....its been debated for over a year since it was announced, its finally happening next Wednesday.

It is a preference not a hard opt out, which is what many have lobbied for since the game launched.

Time to let the issue go or you can spend a whole year lobbying for what you want in the hopes at some point RARE listen to you, which is shorter than the 2 years its taken for this option preference to finally come in.

Roll on Wednesday and the return of a lot of Xbox players who stopped playing, should this work.

• and i want to be able to opt out from xbox players as they arent a challenge :P
    I want quite sea's and the only ones i want to see are the ones i have to fear ^^

• @inboundbomb oh no no, just that you also have the option to filter according to the input device.

• @captain-taben sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@quietrobot said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Cross-Play toggles for adventure is coming! Console users will be able to opt out of crossplay to play with console users only.>

Here we go again.. "console users"? this is not about console players or pc players, it is about using controller or using M&K.

I play on PC, I have no interest in removing the crossplay, I met many users thanks to this, I don't think it's smart to divide the community either.. but can Xbox players on PC have the same options as Xbox console players?

We are all in this, we are all Xbox players and everyone should have the same options available. I hope this changes before the update is released.

If we continue to divide the Xbox community, what is next? elite controller? touch controls? 🤷🏻‍♂️

No no we finally got what the majority needed. I dont want more cheaters/hackers in. If pc couldnt cheat then it would be fine with input base.
    Rare knows this or they would make it soley input based.

you can cheat on xbox as well

• @cokney-charmer sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Roll on Wednesday and the return of a lot of Xbox players who stopped playing, should this work.

i'm ready to read the same complaints as ever.
    Some xbox players are very good at pvp, in no way less cruel and ruthless than PC players, some female xbox players of my crew are killing people all the time, no matter if they are PC or xbox plyers, they have learned how to play and they are fearsome piratess's.

• @cokney-charmer I mean, does Rare want to divide the community according to the input device? OK no problem, but not only enable it for console, players on pc also have the same rights.

• @captain-taben sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@bugaboo-bill said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@captain-taben sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@quietrobot said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Cross-Play toggles for adventure is coming! Console users will be able to opt out of crossplay to play with console users only.>

I play on PC, I have no interest in removing the crossplay, I met many users thanks to this, I don't think it's smart to divide the community either.. but can Xbox players on PC have the same options as Xbox console players?

We are all in this, we are all Xbox players and everyone should have the same options available. I hope this changes before the update is released.

No no we finally got what the majority needed. I dont want more cheaters/hackers in. If pc couldnt cheat then it would be fine with input base.

Yeah but the difference is night and day. I proved this to myself by playing crossplay arena what a nightmare lol.
    Played opt out arena got 100 wins in a week.
    Xbox players were still good they just didnt have the steriods to take ya boi down

not interested in Arena, its dull to me and not worthwhile.
    I'm a seabox pirate and Adventure PvEvP'er.
    And the coming opt out is about Adventure mode, not Arena.
    The Arena ship has long sailed to me.

i'm not familiar with hacks, but i know you can use hacks on a console as well as on a pc if you know how to do it.
    wallhacks, speedhacks, aimbots...

curious what they do about xim and xbox players who use kbm but spoof it and look like using a controller, all possible!

@bugaboo-bill said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@captain-taben sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Yeah but the difference is night and day. I proved this to myself by playing crossplay arena what a nightmare lol.
    Played opt out arena got 100 wins in a week.
    Xbox players were still good they just didnt have the steriods to take ya boi down

not interested in Arena, its dull to me and not worthwhile.
    I'm a seabox pirate and Adventure PvEvP'er.
    And the coming opt out is about Adventure mode, not Arena.
    The Arena ship has long sailed to me.

i'm not familiar with hacks, but i know you can use hacks on a console as well as on a pc if you now how to do it.
    wallhacks, speedhacks, aimbots...

Which is the point I was trying to make. I have 100's of hours in this game. I do not get the issues I get in adventure everytime I play. In 160 matches total of arena I have seen no weird hacks etc.
    I cant play adventure without getting something dodgey going on. I then see the pc logo in the recent players tab and im like oooooooooooh yes I seee.

cannot confirm that - i play since technical Alpha and i made one ticket when i wasnt sure if it was a hack.
    I sometimes felt there was some strange things going on, but this was more likely about ping, lag, hit reg or some animation breaking exploit users aka DGE.
    DG is still a problem imho, but this is true for both plattforms.

to say PC players always hack or abuse glitches and exploit it is just a little bit biased to me, but i dont want to start a debate.
    PC players are for sure more often the tryhards i also dont like.

PC player for 35 years, starting pre C64 era.

• @captain-taben I have 1000s of hours in this game. In all that time I've only ever encountered 1 person hacking. If you really think you're running into hackers that often you're delusional. You're just running into better players, which believe it or not do exist, regardless of platform.

• I wouldn't want someone to accidentally hit a spacebar and get ejected from a game because it was controller only server.

@inboundbomb oh no no, just that you also have the option to filter according to the input device.

Gotcha

• @troubled-cells said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@inboundbomb nah that's just dumb in my opinion

I couldn't understand what he was asking at first. Lol. Need more grog.

• @inboundbomb il toast to that

• We all have the same, you are either gonna buy a copy for Xbox or Pc and with that you chosen how you wanna play.

Console players can simply choose to play against console only or with both keyboard/Controller players.

That it.

• @usualbarley8154 alt text

That is not the discussion we have here.
    Simply those who play Sea Of Thieves on PC should also have the option of filtering according to the input device.

@burnbacon both console and PC you can play SOT with controller or with M&K, It makes no sense that only the option of filtering exists on the console.

• @mr-dragon-raaar said

Or Rare could change the opt-out so its input based as it should be so I have the same choice.

That's what I say, if there are people who want to filter by input device ok, but give the option to all users and not only those who play from an Xbox One.

• @usualbarley8154 said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

hop in the pool with us. The water will be fine.

Nah.

Seems a little shallow for my tastes.

• Tbh the ship has sailed, or?

Lets burry this topic for all time in this forum, it only segregates and leads to endless discussions.
    Some are biased, some rage about it, some will never understand the other side.
    I'm curious what will happen after next week and how it turns out for us PC players and also for xbox players who choose to opt out.

• @bugaboo-bill said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Tbh the ship has sailed, or?

Lets burry this topic for all time in this forum, it only segregates and leads to endless discussions.
    I'm curious what will happen after next week and how it turns out for us PC players and also for xbox players who choose to opt out.

I already know how its going to turn out in 11 months time.

• @bugaboo-bill said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@cokney-charmer sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Some xbox players are very good at pvp, in no way less cruel and ruthless than PC players, some female xbox players of my crew are killing people all the time, no matter if they are PC or xbox plyers, they have learned how to play and they are fearsome piratess's.

"some Female xbox players of my crew" - like gender makes a difference in skill in your mind?

Also you default to it being a matter of "skill" is predictable, sometimes the reason Xbox Players do not want to crossplay with PC is just because they naturally do not want to, I myself turn it off in CoD MW because in other games Crossplay is optional, which it should always be.

I can play SoT just fine by the way, I have called for crossplay to be optional since the game launched, I will be actively promoting for the preference to be ticked once the update is out.

Enjoy your seas and celebrating your crew of all gender types.

• I am still bafffled by how much of an issue sot is having with crossplay. Do all other crossplay games have the same issue or have they worked out how to balance all platforms (various xboxs, various pcs and even mobile and cloud)

Which group will sot on xcloud fall under ( i guess xbox(controller))

Shame really as xboxs are win10 run, that there arent unified settings. Its been great how ms has got win10 pcs into the xbox fold, so its shame its not working here.

This new year brought lots of 'a look back at a decade of tech' reports and about tech we thought were going to be big but died. In the next decade will i be reading about crossplay...
    Or even in 2039, about the big tech crash of 2038 that never really happened...

• @troubled-cells

Tell me!

I wont say it dies on PC, but there is a slight fear for it if i'm honest.
    If we then have a new xbox console i think i would buy one only to play SoT further as it is the only game i play seriously.
    All the other titles i have couldn't catch me like SoT does and it allways distracts me from other games, even if they are good ones like MW5 or Jedi Fallen Order that i buyed but barely played because of SoT and because of my casual aproach to gaming in general.

• @cokney-charmer sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@cokney-charmer sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

"some Female xbox players of my crew" - like gender makes a difference in skill in your mind?

Also you default to it being a matter of "skill" is predictable, sometimes the reason Xbox Players do not want to crossplay with PC is just because they naturally do not want to, I myself turn it off in CoD MW because in other games Crossplay is optional, which it should always be.

I can play SoT just fine by the way, I have called for crossplay to be optional since the game launched, I will be actively promoting for the preference to be ticked once the update is out.

Enjoy your seas and celebrating your crew of all gender types.

Honestly i didnt want to make it a gender topic, i said that because our piratess's were afraid to PvP, avoided it in the beginning as much as they could, but with time they start loving it, practiced and became very much better.
    It's for sure not a gender thing in general, it was more related to the crew i'm sailing with. They wouldnt feel offended when i say so, but confirm it.
    I also dont believe that platform is something that you can use to predict skill, im sure there are plenty of very skilled xbox players.
    Check out my replies in this thread, i'm sure some xbox players who think the seas become more calm or have not super skilled pro players sinking them will experience a rude awakening.

• @bugaboo-bill no need to go read your other replies, totally get which side of the "get good" debate you feel crossplay opt out for Xbox players falls on.

People wanted the option to opt out of crossplay for many reasons, not all is based upon skill levels but if you are unable to see that, well.....doesn't really matter now.

Still yet to see if the preference will make a difference once implemented. Hopefully it does and positively for the game itself.

• @usualbarley8154 said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@troubled-cells said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Tbh the ship has sailed, or?

I already know how its going to turn out in 11 months time.

You only think you do, those people who buy the new Xbox will still be live gold subscribers. They'll still be buying the ticket to the pool that you still want in without buying

And yet those same series x users will have the "advantage" over xbox one players with regards to performance that they complained that PC players apparently have.

Subscriptions don't even come in to it.

Merely pointing out the hypocrisy, intentional or not it's going to happen.

You are more than welcome to get back to me in 11 months time.

• @captain-taben said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Cheating, Hacking... bannable offenses, against the rules and terms and conditions. It is also very rare occurrence in this game.

Also, there are smart people that are capable of hacking and cheating on a xbox, you have xim adapters and other more difficult ways to manipulate them. The options are on both sides, thankfully when it comes to cheating neither side has many people that do.

Rare knows this, yet decided to appeal to the xbox money and line their pockets by taking away the concern all together. This is not a game but a business choice. That goes flat against their promises of no compromise crossplay. A shared world where your platform would not be a constraint. It goes against the xbox at anywhere ideals of Microsoft. It goes against human decency to treat people differently based on a materialistic ownership: discriminatory actions by companies should not be applauded, but condemned.

• @cokney-charmer agreed, I will come back Wednesday.
    Haven't played in a very long time.

Looking forward to fair seas.

• @Troubled-Cells

Opt out has never been about performance for me. It has everything to do with cheaters, exploiters that have, from all of my personal experiences playing this game, always had a PC logo beside their name when checked. Not once EVER have i been killed in a questionable way to make me want to check recent players list and notice it was an Xbox player.. Why is that?
    Crossplay will still be available to any of us that chooses to use it. But it will no longer be forced on those who do not want to be subjected to it, and that list grows by the day.

And as for the discussion in Holiday 2020 when the several new series x/s console versions drop, both with different capabilities. We will all have to have that then, if there is still a future of this last gen game at that time.

Views
2 out of 167