4th of July Flag Ideas. Gadsden Flag, Pine Tree Flag, and the main flag. {POLL}

• First thing's first: before I get into this, I will say one thing. NO POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS DEBATES!!! Professor Oak's voice can be heard. "There is a time and place for everything. And you can't do that here."

Due to my Star Spangled Banner idea causing a ton of ruckus and debate, I decided to make something slightly similar with multiple notes of no political debates. If you want to know what I mean, here is the original thread: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/65481/poll-star-spangled-banner-flag-for-the-4th-of-july
    ANYWAYS, I will suggest 3 flags, to help us celebrate us, because according to the code, All nationalities, creeds, orientations, race, and sexes are equal. So, Let us celebrate Independence across the world!

And again, before I get into this, I will say one thing. NO POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS DEBATES!!! I am Christian and republican, but I don't hurt others for it. So, let's agree to disagree, but in a respectful manner, and take our debates elsewhere.

1. Star Spangled Banner

Obviously... probably the most unpopular flag, the first official design for the U.S flag. At least among here. This flag is the reason my other thread was closed down so yeah....

2. Gadsden Flag

This one may or may not be a favorable flag design. Due to it not only being in the War for Independence, but also has a rather good meaning for us to use. "Don't Tread On Me" or "Don't Mess With Me." Could be used in many ways to tell other crews you will attack if they get too close. The best flag choice in my opinion.

3. Pine Tree Flag

This one is... also a good choice, considering this was he main flag in George Washington's Navy. Also very simple to add to the game as well. Triangle and some words, and you are set to go. After texturing the flag, which would take at least 5 minutes of their time to make and maybe a half hour to implement into a build.

Anyways, those are the 3 flags I have suggested, and I have a poll here. If you wish to debate there, that would be better. Since this thread was NOT made for debate:

Again, I will NOT see political debates here, otherwise I will flag them.

And again, Happy Independence day!

Views
  • "My post about flags got out of hand, so I made another post about flags"

Rolls on deck laughing

• @mighty-ace123 -.- this time no debates added.

• @cheatingpirate said in 4th of July Flag Ideas. Gadsden Flag, Pine Tree Flag, and the main flag. {POLL}:

@mighty-ace123 -.- this time no debates added.

I'm sure that will help a lot buddy :)

• Back on topic: isn't the rattlesnake flag 100% anti-British? And RARE is kinda...British?

• @mighty-ace123 Now looking into it, it was actually a flag later put on one of the first seven ships that Washington had in his navy. on his main mast. And yeah it was one of the first U.S flags durin the war.

• @cheatingpirate said in 4th of July Flag Ideas. Gadsden Flag, Pine Tree Flag, and the main flag. {POLL}:..

Again, I will NOT see political debates here, otherwise I will flag them.

Good luck with that one ;-P

• If you intend to flag political posts, you'd better start with your own. You essentially paraded your own political and religious views to the whole forum, while telling everyone else to keep theirs to themselves. Ridiculous. You could have simply offered your flag suggestions without making it political. In your previous spammy posts (isn't there a rule against posting the same thing over and over?) you also mentioned that "that one specific group" got a flag, implying that's why you should get yours. That's called faulty logic. But more to the point, it's just a way to stir things up.

Your flag ideas do not reflect a spirit of "celebration" regarding independence "around the world" but only in one specific nation. Furthermore, as pointed out in the last thread that got locked, your suggestions do not match the time period or genre of the game. Sea of Thieves, like most pirate-themed media, is roughly modeled after the Golden Age of Piracy. This was a period of time between 1650 and the 1720s. Furthermore, the game takes place in a fictional space where the flags of specific nations would not exist. If they did exist, they would be appropriate to the period and genre, which would not include any variation of the early U.S. flag.

Most of the flags currently in the game are fairly generic (yes, even that one). They aren't tied to a specific nation or meaning. Only two of the flags have obvious "meanings" in the context of the game world, and those are the Jolly Roger (skull & crossbones) and the fictional Shark Hunter flags. The flags you suggested are far from generic.

I'm a U.S. citizen and love my country. We have our problems, yes, especially with the current political climate. I'm not always proud of the decisions this nation makes. Nevertheless, I'm as patriotic as they come. I believe in the principles and ideals of our founding fathers. We are all created equal, and have the right to pursue the American dream free from discrimination or persecution. These truths are sacred to me, as they should be to all Americans. It is with those foundational principles in mind that I celebrate Independence Day in my own way, year after year.

But I don't feel any U.S. flag has a place in Sea of Thieves, for reasons I've already mentioned. If Rare wanted to come up with something generic that would acknowledge U.S. Independence Day without actually tying it to a specific national flag, that would be fine. I don't feel it's necessary, but that's really their decision.

• @genuine-heather said in 4th of July Flag Ideas. Gadsden Flag, Pine Tree Flag, and the main flag. {POLL}:

If you intend to flag political posts, you'd better start with your own. You essentially paraded your own political and religious views to the whole forum, while telling everyone else to keep theirs to themselves. Ridiculous. You could have simply offered your flag suggestions without making it political...

Amen, Sister!

• @reedski said in 4th of July Flag Ideas. Gadsden Flag, Pine Tree Flag, and the main flag. {POLL}:

When there's a knock on the door that wakes you up, do you prefer it to be Mormon's or Jehovah's Witnesses? I've always thought Jehovah seemed a bit dodgy, lining up all those witnesses before we've even accused him of owt?... fishy...

As an ex-Jehovah's Witness myself, I'd prefer it to be Mormons :-)

• @genuine-heather YES!

What she said!

• @myrm there used to be some really pleasant American Mormon's in York, they were always trying to convert me outside McDonald's at 3am when I was drunk, nice lads really, always well dressed, ended up having them over for dinner lol, they kept trying bless em

• don't think that any real flags have a place in the game.
    The only real good suggestion I have head regarding flags, is like diablo 3 system for banner.
    Where you get new cosmetic/symbols/trim/color for you banner with each lvl.
    That would be a least 160 different cosmetic/symbols/trim/color that you can combine as you like.Lets say you can combine 5 things 160!/(5!(160−5)!)= 820384032 Different flags
    Let me make my own jolly roger. so it can be somewhat unique an feared on the sea of thieves.

You should celebrate/activist/debate real world issue, In the Real world.
    some is using games to escape the real world just for some hours. including yourself if I am not wrong??

• @greencamillion1 that would be a great idea if Rare actually would see that. Probably won't happen though

• Well there goes my attempts of not adding political arguments...

• @cheatingpirate What about just adding multiple nations Flags?

• @crimsonvortex68 yeah. Each time a flag idea is posted everyone joins in and argues...

• @cheatingpirate said in 4th of July Flag Ideas. Gadsden Flag, Pine Tree Flag, and the main flag. {POLL}:

@crimsonvortex68 yeah. Each time a flag idea is posted everyone joins in and argues...

Maybe we shouldn't post flag ideas anymore then. Clearly no good can come from it.

That being said, I think nation flags are a terrible idea. Imagine scrolling through the countless amounts of flags just to find the one you want / need. Terrible to even think of haha.

• @murkrage unless they have flag categories. Like pirate flags separate from real life flags

• @cheatingpirate are you seriously duplicating your post after it get locked ?... REALLY ?

@murkrage unless they have flag categories. Like pirate flags separate from real life flags

Could even do it on a continent basis. Separate them into the continents they belong to. I still wouldn't like them tho.

• @zyrkal Again, I don't want any fort of fighting here.

• If Rare were to add a United States flag, then they would have to add EVERY countrie's flag. Canada day is tomorrow and I'm sure every other countries have a celebration day to promote patritism.

• @CheatingPirate As this thread has devolved into arguments and unrest, which are not related to the opening post, and is a duplicate to a previous thread that was locked for enticing political discussion, this thread is now being locked. Please refrain from raising "hot button" topics in the forums, as it is a violation of the forum rules.

@Reedski I have deleted one of your posts for being against the Forum Rules, please read and abide by them going forward.

Political & Religious Discussion
    Due to the sensitive nature of discussion, Political and religious discussion is not permitted in the Sea of Thieves community. Discussions of this nature will result in the topic being deleted and the creator warned. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 26