Crew “Dueling” Feature

• So I’ve been an avid lurker on these forums ever since 2016. I’ve been playing since pre-Alpha and I am a founder of the game. Despite this however, I never post here(I mainly use reddit) but today I was compelled to make my first post.

It’s not much, just a suggestion. You see, I’ve been playing this game for a long time. I’ve played in every test session, Alpha, Beta, etc. The thing I love most about this game is the Sword Dueling Mechanics. I love them and I’m quite good at them(have yet to lose a 1v1 Swords only) but they are so RARE to encounter. Not only this but my crew needs to practice. Like, REALLY need to practice. I would like a system where we can Duel our own crew so we could have a tool to practice more.

Of course you’d have to figure out how to prevent trolling but I feel it could be done. As a Master Duelist on the Sea, I would be estatic if we had a Dueling System like this. Maybe even for other crews as well. Maybe you don’t “kill” them per se but you make them dizzy for a couple seconds when their health is reduced to zero.

Well that is my suggestion for a feature I believe would benefit a lot of the community as far as increasing everyone’s swordplay skill. Because let’s be honest, most people are terrible at it.

Views
  • @director-zone it's been suggested many times but yes it would help the community overall if you could train your crew to be competent swordsmen.

• @director-zone a couple ideas I think it would implement well are

1. if you and your crew mate both say engarde! using the chat wheel and are within a certain distance of each other you start a duel
      Or
    2. If you and a crew mate face each other while blocking with your cutlass for a couple seconds you engage in a duel

Either of these would be cued by music or some kinda animation

• @director-zone Aren't most people always complaining sword fights are too simplistic with only 2 attacks and a block? I'm not against duels...farther down the line of updates....but I'm not sure how engaging they would be with the current system.

• I'd love a duel system. I suggested this many moons ago too! Hope we will see it someday

• I have suggested this as well. I want to be able to duel a crewmate on the sloop as a way to put them in the brig.

• @director-zone Really hope they slip this in under the hood for Cursed Sails since it has been requested by so many people but I won't get my hopes up.

• I would love a new emote to request a duel named "challenge" it would have your character lift their chin, drag their thumb pointing out of your first across your neck (signifies a throat cut for you Drax people). If both people do this then you start a duel. Neither party can die, simply get dizzy like OP said and get back up with 10% hp.

• I talked about this with my crew mates yesterday. We would absolutely love that feature!

• As an avid fan of sword fighting, yes to this.

Views
1 out of 10