What are some of the hardest cosmetic items to get in the game and how do you get them?

• Just like the title says. What are the hardest items to get In the game and what are the steps you have to go through to get them? Obviously the Athena ship set is a grind that a lot of people talk about, but what are some others that you all know about. I just got back into this game and hearing about some of these might give me somewhere to guide my focus in my next play sessions. Are there any that are hidden from the shop As well?

Publications
    Vues
    questionjust for fun
  • @mysticpistachio
    The hardest one to get that wasn't time limited is the Triumphant Seadog Hull. And the most difficult genre of cosmetics to get would be all of the triumphant seadog cosmetics, figurehead, wheel, anchor, cannons, sails, hull, sniper, pistol, blunderbuss, sword, eyepatch, pegleg, title, etc. There are many other cosmetics that you unlock when reaching Triumphant Seadog.

The reason why they're hard to unlock and why they're rare is since they are in a different gamemode than adventure, it is impossible to work your way towards TS (Triumphant Seadog) in adventure, it can only be done in arena. Secondly, you have to be somewhat good in order to get triumphant seadog, because you are required to get AT LEAST 101 wins in order to complete certain commendations. You don't have to be in the top PvPers, but it definitely helps as the first hurdle is to get the guns you see in the pirate legend's hideout is to win 240 games as a PL. Assuming you have NO load time (which is impossible as some games will take 10 minute to start) and we only factor in ingame time, it will take you 60 hours to get the 240 wins. That's assuming you do win every single game, which is nearly impossible even at the highest level.

(You don't need to get 240 wins to get TS, but since you're doing all of these other achievements that will take a LONG time to do, getting 240 wins is the quickest thing you could do, so might as well do it)

After you get your 240 wins there are other titles and achievements that you have to get in order to get TS. One being that you need to have the entire glorious seadog shipset on, and you have to win 100 games, and play 200 games with it equipped. And you can only finished the GS set by getting the figurehead by getting level 50 arena. Arena has a lot of commendations that you can only start to unlock after you've achieved a previous commendation, that's why it takes a long time. You have to play 200 games with the GS ship set on, and after you've done that you can put on the TS ship set for another 200 games, which in total just for those 2 commendations alone it takes 100 hours (assuming there is 0 loadtime, which there will be)

So basically if you want to do the hardest and most grindy commendations out there, do arena. A lot of people don't have the full TS ship set, and most people don't even have the 240 win guns because it's such a grind to get there. So if you want a special cosmetic and want to be apart of the TS club, come join us.

Another reason why TS takes so long is because there's no emissary right now. Athena 20 and the athena ship set is QUICK once you've done the TS grind. (The original athena is time consuming probably to the same extent as TS, but the ghost stuff is easy) So because the athena cosmetics are so popular most people will grind for it, but if you want special cosmetics that most people aren't going to grind for and very few people have, take the TS grind. Not only is it good for cosmetics, but it will MAKE you better at fighting, ship vs ship combat, and PvP, which will make your adventure playtime much easier when encountering another ship.

As for, Are there any that are hidden from the shop As well? Not to my knowledge, if you can buy it, it will be there. It might be locked, but it's not hidden.

• @kaijoi said in What are some of the hardest cosmetic items to get in the game and how do you get them?:

@mysticpistachio
    The hardest one to get that wasn't time limited is the Triumphant Seadog Hull. And the most difficult genre of cosmetics to get would be all of the triumphant seadog cosmetics, figurehead, wheel, anchor, cannons, sails, hull, sniper, pistol, blunderbuss, sword, eyepatch, pegleg, title, etc. There are many other cosmetics that you unlock when reaching Triumphant Seadog.

The reason why they're hard to unlock and why they're rare is since they are in a different gamemode than adventure, it is impossible to work your way towards TS (Triumphant Seadog) in adventure, it can only be done in arena. Secondly, you have to be somewhat good in order to get triumphant seadog, because you are required to get AT LEAST 100 wins in order to complete certain commendations. You don't have to be in the top PvPers, but it definitely helps as the first hurdle is to get the guns you see in the pirate legend's hideout is to win 240 games as a PL. Assuming you have NO load time (which is impossible as some games will take 10 minute to start) and we only factor in ingame time, it will take you 60 hours to get the 240 wins. That's assuming you do win every single game, which is nearly impossible even at the highest level.

(You don't need to get 240 wins to get TS, but since you're doing all of these other achievements that will take a LONG time to do, getting 240 wins is the quickest thing you could do, so might as well do it)

After you get your 240 wins there are other titles and achievements that you have to get in order to get TS. One being that you need to have the entire glorious seadog shipset on, and you have to win 100 games, and play 200 games with it equipped. And you can only finished the GS set by getting the figurehead by getting level 50 arena. Arena has a lot of commendations that you can only start to unlock after you've achieved a previous commendation, that's why it takes a long time. You have to play 200 games with the GS ship set on, and after you've done that you can put on the TS ship set for another 200 games, which in total just for those 2 commendations alone it takes 100 hours (assuming there is 0 loadtime, which there will be)

So basically if you want to do the hardest and most grindy commendations out there, do arena. A lot of people don't have the full TS ship set, and most people don't even have the 240 win guns because it's such a grind to get there. So if you want a special cosmetic and want to be apart of the TS club, come join us.

Another reason why TS takes so long is because there's no emissary right now. Athena 20 and the athena ship set is QUICK once you've done the TS grind. (The original athena is time consuming probably to the same extent as TS, but the ghost stuff is easy) So because the athena cosmetics are so popular most people will grind for it, but if you want special cosmetics that most people aren't going to grind for and very few people have, take the TS grind. Not only is it good for cosmetics, but it will MAKE you better at fighting, ship vs ship combat, and PvP, which will make your adventure playtime much easier when encountering another ship.

As for, Are there any that are hidden from the shop As well? Not to my knowledge, if you can buy it, it will be there. It might be locked, but it's not hidden.

Woah... that sounds like an epic grind! I’m actually kinda interested in trying it. One of my goals is to get a lot better at PvP and get some pretty cool stuff to stand out amongst the rest, so this sounds perfect! Thanks so much for the response :)

• @kaijoi Question. Should I work on getting to pirate legend first? I played a several games of Arena this morning, and surprisingly was able to rack up like 4 wins and a few 2nd place finishes (man people are insanely good... first few games were against Triumphant Sea Dogs ofc LUL), but are those wins not counted towards the 240 if I'm not PL yet?

• @mysticpistachio
    Correct, the 240 wins only count if you're pirate legend because the achievement says, "Win 240 games as a Pirate Legend," So if you aren't pirate legend then I would grind to that first as that'll be done pretty quick with the emissary system. I would also recommend finding consistent people to play with rather than a random in open crew, if you aren't doing that already.

• @kaijoi for sure need to find a consistent crew. Solo queueing in a sloop was super challenging. Did end up having a decent partner for some of those wins, but had a few games where it didn't seem like my partner knew what he was doing at all. lol. Thanks for the replies, I'm actually really excited to grind this out :)

• @mysticpistachio
    Use the official Sea of Thieves discord. They have a specific section for arena LFC, so you can easily find people who are decent that want to play arena.

Discord: https://discord.gg/seaofthieves

• @kaijoi Already in there, but I've only used it for adventure so far. I'll definitely have to use it next time I hop on. Thanks!

• I would say Black Dog, or maybe Mercenary, Some Mercenary items was time limited back in the days

• @mysticpistachio The game won't add any of those wins in the count for legendary sea dog. Just like the description says you have to "Get 240 wins as a pirate legend". Once you reach pl then you can consider to start the grind, but there is still one win commendation in arena called "Master of silvered waters", you don't have to be pirate legend to achieve that.

Publications
Vues
questionjust for fun
3 sur 10