Concepts for a 'Personal Firework Crate'!

• This idea mainly spawned back during Grogmanay at the end of 2021. They wanted to give players a special firework to celebrate the event and maybe even to rope in some alliances to those that threw up their fireworks! They way they did this, however, was they put that firework as a dig-up from a voyage. This meant you can technically pick up those fireworks whenever after, but at a scarce limit.

Likewise, with the 4 Year Anniversary of Sea of Thieves, an anniversary firework was available for purchase from the merchants to those that were there on the day (or the few days... I forget).

What I'm trying to propose then, a Personal Firework Crate that will be added to periodically with fireworks you earn from events such as those, from ledgers, from cosmetic purchases, from competitions, that sort of thing! Acting as a little collection of earned fireworks that you buy the same as any other firework crate!

As an example of what I mean and a general layout (also ignore the icon, NO idea what that'd be, hahah!):

A menu of the usual fireworks. A new firework crate option named 'Personal Firework Crate' is selected.

It would pop up like that in the list of available fireworks and can be purchased the same.
    Something to note, on the bottom bar of button prompts, a 'View Contents' button assigned so you can see what you have unlocked and what is contained in your crate. More functionality (such as potential removing/adding) could even be added inside.
    Here's that in effect:

A new menu overlaying the previous with a 3 by 5 grid of more firework options. These are the contents of the previously selected crate.

It would act like a smaller preview menu, seeing the title and description of each firework inside the crate so you know what's inside. (Size of the panel could probably use some good adjusting though...)
    This kind of functionality could be very useful for all the other crates too, so you know which you're buying or which crate has a particular firework that you want before purchasing.

It's also good to note the types of fireworks included in that image, particularly the Reapers' symbol and Merchant Ambassador Symbol. A good explanation of that suggestion below:

A menu from the ledgers showing a Merchant Ambassador Firework reward. The descriptions surrounding it say that this would make fireworks a cosmetic reward if done correctly.
    So for some higher tier ledger reward, it would mean they could give people a ledger faction-based firework for reaching that high! It would get added to their Personal Firework Crate and in a weird way it would become a cosmetic reward, something earned through ledgers that can be shot into the sky to show off that dedication!

Likewise, I'd think some good fireworks could come from simple purchases, unlocked from whatever commendation. Perhaps even a firework vendor somewhere that sells some that get added to the crate...

One final thing to mention is surrounding pricing of crates. This can be seen from the first image of the post where the usual firework crates are 20,000 gold while the Personal Firework Crate is 10,000. That number would essentially scale, and is only 10,000 because of it's 5 firework types inside:

A description of how pricing works, saying that each included firework option inside means another 2,000 to the overall cost.
    So essentially just another 2,000 gold for each firework type, scaling up which each new firework type you have inside. Which could be another reason to include some add/remove options for the crate to adjust your own pricing.

Please let me know your thoughts on it! Been meaning to whip this up ever since New Years! I think it could be a really nice addition and would act as it's own new cosmetic type with a special collection for all sorts of players!

A firework crate with the Sea of Thieves logo on it. Signifying it is a Personal Firework Crate.

Publications
    Vues
    communityfeedbackevents
  • I am, as always, still a bit annoyed that these images get so big, hahah!
    Suppose I should half the image resolutions down in future! So it's easier to read...

• Nice idea, well thought out and written up.

I like it

• I like the overall idea of achievement based fireworks, although I think it perhaps overcomplicates things somewhat.

Personally I'd go for a much simpler overarching approach, having new fireworks crates locked for purchase behind commendations.

Rather than tying it to ledgers (which are always going to increase) I'd link it to a commendation for completing all other faction commendations - that way owning the firework crate is more like a celebration of completing that faction - you can never really complete a ledger!

This has the added benefit of fitting with the pre existing UI scheme/commendation system, so hopefully requires minimal work to add and as such is more likely to get added.

• @taaaamas cracking idea Tam!

• This is a really fun idea! I’d love to see fireworks as rewards for harder commendations or ledger positions.

• Nice idea, nice concept screens, just nice all around! Have my upvote.

• Now this does bring a smile to my face

• You always have bright ideas

Publications
Vues
communityfeedbackevents
6 sur 9