Captn Ship Names keep getting messed up

• Hello There!

I experience my captained ship changes its name randomly throughout every session. Additionally, even enemies ships names change.
    Apparently, this changes only for me though, as my friend i was playing with did have the right name appearing for him ?!
    Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a bug ? I submitted a bug report 2 weeks ago but have not recieved any more information

Publications
    Vues
  • Settings
    HUD

there are a bunch of streamer name settings in there to mess with

• @wolfmanbush Yes, Thanks. I have them all turned off though

• @parrotlord6426 said in Captn Ship Names keep getting messed up:

@wolfmanbush Yes, Thanks. I have them all turned off though

try switching them on and off?

some have issues with settings messing up over and over

my audio isn't right unless I turn spatial sound on and off even though it's saved to off it still messes with it while showing as off

• I have this same issue and have gone as far as a full reinstall. What I notice is the ship names seem to disappear after I dive when doing the hourglass pvp mode. It is tough to research this issue because most people just have an issue with the setting itself. Toggling on/off does not change ship names for me once I stop seeing them. I tested this on my own sloop while my crew-mate did the same. They were seeing the name update in real time depending on the setting.

No fix so far, support could not help either :(

• yeah, this will probably just join the ever growing list of issues that are just meant to be accepted, as Rare is unable or unwilling to adress them

• seriously though, is there any comment or statement from Rare about this ?

Its getting really annoying

• @parrotlord6426 I have this problem too!! I feel like it started with a patch update. I haven’t done anything with the streamer settings in a while because I wanted to see my ship name. Setting worked when it first came out. I shut it off so I could see my name. And now. I can see pirate names, but the ships are messed up.

• @pinakeenyatv yes, changing the streamer settings does not do anything for me either. I also think it started with an update, sometime after captaincy. I have not yet found the issue, nor did RARE adress it to my knowledge. I feel since the captaincy update SoT has become a broken mess kinda

• @parrotlord6426 maybe it might fix in the update on the 16th? We will have to wait and see

• Just wanted to add I can reproduce this issue on Series S. It only happens when I am using M+K though. If I use a controller I can see boat names as expected.

• @jakebakes91

Have you told Rare about this mouse + keyboard thing? It might be the key to solve the issue actually!

Btw I have the same bug. It all started on season 8.

• My issue still persists, seaosn 9 changed nothing on it. Any opinions or information about it?

• I too am fed up with this. It feels like it would be such a simple fix by Rare. Is there any way to directly and collectively remind them that it's still an annoying issue?

I considered searching for ways to fix it from my Xbox Live account, maybe in content settings, but it just took me to a different page instead when I tried to go there.

• @toast1764 said in Captn Ship Names keep getting messed up:

I too am fed up with this. It feels like it would be such a simple fix by Rare. Is there any way to directly and collectively remind them that it's still an annoying issue?

I considered searching for ways to fix it from my Xbox Live account, maybe in content settings, but it just took me to a different page instead when I tried to go there.

This is a gross oversimplification of what could be a very complicated problem in the code.

• @blam320 I don't mean any hate towards the programmers, I'm sorry if it came off that way. I just mean that given that it has been an issue for a while now and that players have been public about it, I would expect it to have been patched by now.

Publications
Vues
7 sur 16