Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set

• So, when is this getting released in north america?

alt text

Publications
    Vues
  • dunno but people were quick with this one because they are already all over the place on the seas/streams

• This event is exclusively in Europe, making this somewhat region-locked. However, if you have a friend from EU they can share a spare code from the event for you.

There is probably another way in this current age of the internet but I don't think it's appropriate to talk about here on the forums.

• @wolfmanbush said in Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set:

dunno but people were quick with this one because they are already all over the place on the seas/streams

Sea of Thieves partners get the shipset for free from Rare so they can promote it (and already got it), that happens with all shipsets (also those in the Emporium). The only ones at the moment who can have it should be the partner streamers, since the action hasn't started yet, it starts earliest (depends a bit on the country) next week.

• @super87ghost said in Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set:

@wolfmanbush said in Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set:

dunno but people were quick with this one because they are already all over the place on the seas/streams

Sea of Thieves partners get the shipset for free from Rare so they can promote it (and already got it), that happens with all shipsets (also those in the Emporium). The only ones at the moment who can have it should be the partner streamers, since the action hasn't started yet, it starts earliest (depends a bit on the country) next week.

it's active in a few spots

bunches of people have them right now, not all start the 16th

• @Super87Ghost As @WolfManbush said, it went live today in certain countries. Next week in others, end of month in some, even as late as March 1st in other ones. So plenty of people should have them legitimately already.

• This website is likely telling the sale date of the limited edition. For example in Czechia it's 1st February.

• @super87ghost a dit dans Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set :

@wolfmanbush said in Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set:

it is active in france at minimum.

• played on US servers last night, and 1 of 4 ships I saw had them already. :D

• @unleet1 said in Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set:

played on US servers last night, and 1 of 4 ships I saw had them already. :D

good

the more people that spread the codes and help people get them the less people will get ripped off by people trying to take advantage of the situation.

• My assumption is that the set will never be officially available in North America, as it's a region-locked promotion and the design isn't owned by Rare/Microsoft or is otherwise a design that cannot ever be released outside the promotion due to a contract.

The Chips Ahoy items were eventually made available as Twitch drops, but those didn't use a design that was specifically intended to evoke the idea of Chips Ahoy, though. The European promotional Oreo set is intended to look like Oreo cookies, so this set might not be able to be released outside the promotion, so North America is unlikely to ever officially be able to get it.

It's a bizarre decision by Microsoft, though they've already done region-locked cosmetics before with Halo Infinite when it comes to the e-sports cosmetics.

• @dark-master-jmk As i also play Halo Infinite: the e-sport cosmetics where not region-locked. You either purchase them in the store or you got them by twitchdrops while watching the e-sports events (and it didn't matter where you watched from). They had some Rockstar and Doritos coatings that where region locked, but those where not e-sports related. And now ofcourse also the Oreo coating, wich is also not e-sport related.

• @super87ghost said in Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set:

@dark-master-jmk As i also play Halo Infinite: the e-sport cosmetics where not region-locked. You either purchase them in the store or you got them by twitchdrops while watching the e-sports events (and it didn't matter where you watched from). They had some Rockstar and Doritos coatings that where region locked, but those where not e-sports related. And now ofcourse also the Oreo coating, wich is also not e-sport related.

I didn't know about them being available as Twitch drops. I do know that in the in-game shop, some of the cosmetics have been region-specific in availability.

All that said, though, I do hope that they eventually make the Oreo set available in other regions eventually, I'm just not going to hold my breath over it. It'll be officially available in North America if it becomes officially available in North America.

• @dark-master-jmk said in Special Edition Xbox Oreo Ship Set:

My assumption is that the set will never be officially available in North America, as it's a region-locked promotion and the design isn't owned by Rare/Microsoft or is otherwise a design that cannot ever be released outside the promotion due to a contract.

The logo for the Pirate Emporium is branded on the thumbnail for the Valiant Corsair DLC on Xbox. It wouldn't be the first time that a limited availability ship set cosmetic was added to the Emporium with the rest of the pieces at a later date.

Rare added the Blighted and Fightin' Frogs ship sets to the Emporium with the remaining pieces that were originally part of those giveaways. They've given away the Gears of War and Bleeding Edge ship set pieces more than once.

However, the Emporium logo is also used on the Charity Sails thumbnails and they have specifically stated those won't return. Most of those required a direct purchase on the Microsoft Store and weren't offered through the Emporium.

The Chips Chips Ahoy! (Mondelez / Nabisco) DLC Obsidian 6 pack is routinely given away by streamers through Rare.

It's easy enough to get the Valiant Corsair Pack outside of the EU. I wouldn't hesitate if you want the set.

alt text

• @krypt don’t post your email on a public forum, it’s not a good idea.

Also, at this moment no one is receiving codes for SoT successfully. I’d wait a couple weeks and check back. The promotion will be running for at least 3 months as some countries don’t even start theirs until March.

• You findout please let me know, I want that oreo set.

• @abjectarity it's not my main email I already know but I will delete post

• SEA STEAM
    7KY5K-XL924-NI23W
    VMCWT-MY95E-HBWJI
    LIF6N-9JQXP-QF4V8
    8ZEDI-RBGAH-L42XZ
    WV2RL-8ZB08-EWLHF
    5W966-EQTDF-G0AYR
    3XM0R-929BI-NZDPZ
    W4R0X-NXYDC-HD256
    9XY0Y-Y0TX7-3YBKE
    T53YQ-JKER7-AM4RK

SEA XBOX
    R44MJ-DRDRV-PRVQD-4JT3W-JQTFZ
    DR4MK-QMMC3-FVDFP-J2CKT-YDQ6Z
    KGKK3-VD7RX-3F9FJ-R2Q99-HC2MZ
    VWCM2-KXM4J-JD2YR-XD3XR-FKGWZ
    XDC26-J3DK4-DDYVV-HMV9Y-WWR9Z
    GQ9W4-MXXMV-YJD7G-3DVW2-K6P6Z
    FRQWP-29XMM-3C676-Q79TG-V9MJZ
    MXYYX-MW2JJ-J7F3K-JDMFH-G7Y6Z
    XT9HH-MGG79-7CKF9-V6HX9-P3MXZ
    VMD3M-RGYXW-Q2TDH-6XC6R-JGD6Z

• @ifl00k
    Hey thanks very much, I redeemed the very bottom code.
    Happy Community Day!!

Cheers

• @ifl00k
    Used the W4R0X-NXYDC-HD256 code
    Thank you so much
    Happy Community Day!!

• @ifl00k how kind of you. I gave away some codes I had to people on the seas who were showing community spirit.

• @ifl00k
    Very kind. I missed out. But hopefully they'll release this in North America soon

Publications
Vues
4 sur 26