Fleet of Fortune: A Longevity Concern

• This discussion is meant to be constructive with the criticism laid out, so I would ask those who reply to do so with the same measure.

At present, it looks as though the Fleet of Fortune has only one defining feature that makes it stand out from the standard Skeleton Fleet event: the Chest of Fortune amongst the rewards. Structurally and mechanically, the two Skeleton Fleet events are identical with even the same loot in quality and quantity.

So with that in consideration, I have to ask: Is the Fleet of Fortune an event that will only be in the game during Season 11? Because when Season 12 starts, another event will be chosen as the vehicle for the Chest of Fortune and the Fleet of Fortune will be utterly redundant if it is meant to remain as a permanent fixture of the game in its current form beyond Season 11.

Now if this event is only going to be a temporary seasonal activity, then obviously this discussion is moot other than that such information ought to be disclosed publicly. If not, then some changes should be considered for maybe the Fleet of Fortune's mechanics (and/or location... kinda miss having the Fleet events in their original locales from the Cursed Sails expansion) and definitely for its loot pile in a way that wouldn't be wholly dissimiliar to that of the Fort of Fortune for more defined differences between the two Skeleton Fleet events.

Otherwise, what's the point?

Visualizzazioni
    feedbackgeneralevents
  • @cpt-plainview

The Chest of Fortune is being moved each season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than having the CoF added to the loot table, the FotD (s10's CoF host) loot wasn't changed, and neither was the Fleet.

_____ of Fortune events will change each season, so there's no longevity issue, besides the seasonal general activity die off.

• Yes its just for S11. It just has a red cloud to differentiate it from a standard skeleton fleet WE

If they ever place the chest of fortune at a srandard skeleton fort it will be interesting as to what they would do with the cloud, as a red skull cloud is the fort of fortune...

• @soulstinger2k20

I'd expect it to return to the FoF before a standard Skelly Fort. Probably see Ashen Captains of Fortune next lol. Dunno what color tornado they'll use since there is a red one and 2 different shades of green?

• @soulstinger2k20 There were ashen forts years ago during the build up to ashen lords? I forget. they were a red standard fort cloud. it was different than that if the Fort of Fortune.

There is a picture of the cloud.

• @cpt-plainview the fleet of fortune is only a fleet of fortune because of the chest of fortune, they re used an old asset for the red ship cloud, years ago around the same time as the ashen forts @Captain-Coel i believe there was also an ashen fleet, basically also the same as the skelly fleet they just shot a heck of alot of firebombs

Next season the chest of fortune will migrate again, we don’t know where yet and then the red ship cloud will go into the fridge again

• @callmebackdraft I remember ashen fleets. it's what I call the fleet of Fortune because of the cloud.

• I think that it will probably be discarded in season 12. The main reason Fort of Fortune stayed was probably since it actually is different, with an ashen lord battle at the end.

Visualizzazioni
feedbackgeneralevents
1 su 8