PLEASE MAKE THE HOURGLASS ZONE SIGNIFICANTLY SMALLER

• nothing beats pummeling a ship with everything you have then they run away and waste both your time and their time. it makes hourglass an EXTREMLY unfun experience. its gotten to the point that id rather just sail myself out of bounds then fight the person. oh and not only that. i think the zone should start putting holes in your boat the second u go into it. obviously not a lot but enough to give you some incentive to actually stay inside the circle because as of right now you could sail out for ages before your boat takes any damage.

投稿
    表示回数
  • @mfexotixz said in PLEASE MAKE THE HOURGLASS ZONE SIGNIFICANTLY SMALLER:

nothing beats pummeling a ship with everything you have then they run away and waste both your time and their time. it makes hourglass an EXTREMLY unfun experience. its gotten to the point that id rather just sail myself out of bounds then fight the person. oh and not only that. i think the zone should start putting holes in your boat the second u go into it. obviously not a lot but enough to give you some incentive to actually stay inside the circle because as of right now you could sail out for ages before your boat takes any damage.

You have to be able to seal the deal. When I started hourglass I wasn’t very lethal due to inexperience, and for that reason my matches would sometimes go long, especially if fighting someone who is similarly not lethal.

That is not the case for me anymore. It’s still possible for a match to run long of course, but generally my fights are vicious and someone is going down quick. My average fight time is probably like 8-10 minutes solo, and less than that for larger crews.

Making the circle smaller would just lead to more matches ending due to boundaries, most notably by being sailed out of the boundaries by ones opponent. Once you practice more you’ll probably find that a shrinking circle is not necessary.

• I rather they just remove hourglass at this point. And wait for the same excuses of players wanting pvp and running/chasing.

• @burnbacon how do you suggest we obtain the curses and their cosmetics then?

• Shrinking the area is not a good idea, IMO.

But people running and long fights because of this is a game design flaw that should be addressed.

The way I'd address it is a time limit of 25 min and bringing back a system like silver from Arena: you get points per cannon ball hits and player kills and ONLY if no boat sunk when the timer is due, the boat with more silver/points is the winner. This would discourage people who just run away and try to board spam because they would hit fewer cannons and be killed more often when trying to board.

• i agree but i think they should at least make the zone get gradually smaller as the round goes on. it could very well be a skill issue but at the same time the zone is MASSIVE

• @mfexotixz I disagree with the size of the area, because sometimes, in certain areas, you struggle to get an open area to fight, because of rocks, outposts, islands, sea posts firing at you, vulcanos active (if in the roar). Also, shrinking areas could be exploited by runners that don't have good mid/long range cannons and can only hit short-range. Those issues are addressed with my suggestion.

投稿
表示回数
7 / 1