What's "Kraken"?

• Today's Tavern Tale is one for the books for us aboard the "Booty Brigade". We knew from the moment we left the tavern that this would be an interesting night, if anything. We gathered some supplies from inside the tavern before making off to our ship. That is when things began to unravel. Heading toward the docks, we notice our ship isn't "docked". Instead, it is pointed directly at the dock, about 40 feet out at sea. Well, this inconvenient. Our crew mate jumps aboard and pulls the galleon ever so slowly, forward so we can get access to our ships ladders. We begin loading the supplies when our next problem arises.

Another member of our crew is having troubles accessing a gun. The cutlass is available but, for whatever reason, the number two slot is unavailable. After a restart by the crew member, it still hasn't fixed the issue. Poseidon wasn't on our side this night.

After a full crew restart, we jump back in eager to set sail. Everything is in order. Ship is docked, everyone can access their weapons. We are good to go.

The seas were mild as we collected chests for the greedy gold hoarders. One such voyage led us to a significantly sized island. We dock. Three of us go ashore to complete the task at hand, while I stayed aboard the Booty Brigade to keep watch from the crows nest. A single mast appears on the horizon. The sail is at half. I keep an eye trained on the vessel while scanning for other, more immediate, threats. The sloop drops sail and is heading straight for us. The other crew boards the ship as I slide down the rope ladder (thank goodness for gloves) and take the helm. The anchor is raised, sails dropped and we begin our about-face. The sloop is still headed straight. We line up, fire. Direct hit. More cannonballs are loosed as they continue to find their target. No retaliation from the ship. It continues to sail straight as if nothing happened. We allow it to pass as we continue our search for the treasure.

The booty is turned in and we select another voyage. Four maps with a total of 7 chests. Let's do this. We head out, first map is a success. Three chests are now sitting below deck. Next destination is Devil's Ridge, just to our east.

We head east when all of a sudden, the waters begin to darken, like those around a BP oil rig. Our ship comes to a halt. We scramble to figure out what's going on, when it dawns on us. MAN THE CANNONS! The Krakens tentacles break the surface and reach toward the sky. Gunpowder fills the air as the cannons are let loose upon the beast beneath us.

I run out of ammo and before I can make it below deck, a slurping noise is all I can hear as I am stopped in my tracks. I am lifted into the air as I am now in the grasp of this tentacle, but not for long. A shot finds the lower portion of the arm and I am spit out, shot straight towards the ship. I climb the ladder and get back to business. Another crew member is now taken. Shots are focused on that arm, he is released. One by one, the Kraken withdraws its tentacles and the water turns back to blue. Instead of the booms of cannons, cheers of joy now fill the air. Our loot is safe.

We head to an outpost after finishing voyages to turn in for the night and revel at our achievement.

Booty Brigade 1. Kraken 0.

投稿
    表示回数
  • To be there for our adventures go to twitch.tv/nucklsoup. If you would like to watch the battle it was recorded. We were maybe an hour and 10 minutes into the stream.

投稿
表示回数
2 / 1