Underwater Treasure

• So far I have found a glitched seafarers chest and a opulent curio underwater. I do want to speculate though about depth of treasure and its value. The seafarers chest was closer and was not that deep (maybe shipwreck deep). The opulent curio however was in deeper water.

What has everyone found and how deep was it? Any trends seem to be developing?

投稿
    表示回数
  • I have found a couple of skulls and a trinket underwater so far. They were all rather deep in the water, a little far away from the shore but not too far (unsure how to really quantify the distance). I did notice they seem to glow or glint like they would on land so they aren't that hard to spot. I have yet to find any chests, though.

• @ant-heuser-kush so was the stuff you found centralized around the statues mostly? My two items were nowhere near statues.

• @featuringturtle

I found a strange... strange one....
    Barnacle Cay... statue just in the water...
    Just on the shore side a double message in a bottle on top of one another, & double captains chest side by side. Was pretty happy!

• found some stuff washed up and the rest has been further out away from the statues. In some cases hidden in the kelp plants.

• @piratecraggy said in Underwater Treasure:

@featuringturtle

I found a strange... strange one....
    Barnacle Cay... statue just in the water...
    Just on the shore side a double message in a bottle on top of one another, & double captains chest side by side. Was pretty happy!

That is quite an interesting find! Has things been spawning more frequent on land as well? I know gunpowder kegs are still plentiful.

• @featuringturtle

Not sure whether there is a direct connection. But the 2 bottles, & 2 chests where only steps away from a statue in shallow water. I've never seen the like of it before.. so have to put it down to this event.... :-)

edit: It's one of those with hindsight in future I am going to take a picture of... prime example .... when you should if nothing else... was a cool find

• @featuringturtle Interesting. I have only found a villainous skull and captains chest so far so I have nothing to compare to as far as distance goes. Both were pretty far out.

• @xcalypt0x yeah I have a theory that better stuff spawns deeper, and with that, a correlation of further away from islands.

• @featuringturtle said in Underwater Treasure:

@xcalypt0x yeah I have a theory that better stuff spawns deeper, and with that, a correlation of further away from islands.

I'd have to debunk that theory fortunately. As I've found a captain's chest a short way from the shore on a small island. And a villainous skull at Lone Cove alongside the east cliffs. It would have been super east to miss that skull, as it was half buried in sand and the green glow can be mistaken for seaweed.

I'm sure the spawns are just random, like everything else in this game.

• I’ve found a curio and a flagon. They weren’t near the statues, but were a short swim away.

投稿
表示回数
11 / 1