Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?

• @usualbarley8154 said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@quietrobot you have the same rights. You also have the right to buy an Xbox, sign up for Xbox live gold, plug in a controller and set your preference like us.

If you refuse to do any of the things we do to get the preference you are not entitled to it.

How does this not sound like you want better performance, buy a better PC buy Windows 10 and plug in a controller or mouse and keyboard? Btw. Windows 10 comes with free xbox live subscription, no longer would you need to pay monthly fees great deal!

You have the same options as me, yet Rare has to deny me the right and option of playing on controller servers? They promised to not treat us differently.

• @usualbarley8154 said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@troubled-cells

Lol yes dismiss the factual part of this that you cannot debate. Of course the subscription that is required to be in the pool you want to be in, but don't have, matters.

You misunderstand, I can certainly debate it. The money you pay? Where do you think those 4 "free" games a month come from?

If anything as a xbox user as well I question the actual value of the online access myself, especially as the value of that same access is free elsewhere. Simply put it's becoming a outdated concept.

It's the fact you've tried to ignore in all of the myriad efforts you've made to undermine the efforts of the Xbox players.

Please see above, you are welcome to disagree, but the "muh paywall" arguement really isnt as strong as you would like to think.

It's not like I pay for ultimate for both xbox and PC or anything is it ? Oh wait I do.

Your "prediction" is just salty sour grapes, and they're delicious

Shame that you had to go down that route really, I'm all for debate, but that's just you being malicious there my friend.

• Rare should just drop Microsoft and discontinue SoT on XBox.

• @usualbarley8154 actually we are required to play on xbox live. You must own windows 10, you must run the xbox companion application and Microsoft themselves are dictating this. I cannot use a linux PC, I cannot use a windows 7 PC which btw is still preferred by many PC users.

I cannot be blamed for Microsofts business model. Nor should I be not offered the same options which is in accordance with Microsofts view.

• @dislex-fx said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

Rare should just drop Microsoft and discontinue SoT on XBox.

They could, but i imagine it much more probable that Microsoft ditches Windows PC gaming and focuses fully back on Xbox. It's not proving too popular with everyone is it?

@cotu42 windows 10 does not come with live gold. It is not included. PC gamers are not required to have it to play on live, which is not actually the same thing as being given it.

I agree, why would anyone give out 4 games a month for free without motive.

@troubled-cells I know, I know, even when the clear reality of how this played out is in front of you, you still think paying for gold is about the "free" games, lol.

So if you cant prove me wrong, at best all you have is a difference of opinion and a disagreement.

So much for me avoiding debate... oh wait lol.

@cotu42 none of that is paying for live gold tho.

Microsoft business model for PC doesn't require me to pay. That is the deal with windows 10 and the companion app. They offer you the same deal!

@cotu42 correct, and I chose to play on console and pay what you don't pay and still you wonder why, not meeting the same requirements that I meet, that the results are different?

I paid, I paid nearly 150 bucks for a life time subscription when I bought my windows 10 license. You got your OS for free, but pay a monthly fee to go online. Different deals, but we both pay.

• @cokney-charmer sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@bugaboo-bill no need to go read your other replies, totally get which side of the "get good" debate you feel crossplay opt out for Xbox players falls on.

People wanted the option to opt out of crossplay for many reasons, not all is based upon skill levels but if you are unable to see that, well.....doesn't really matter now.

Still yet to see if the preference will make a difference once implemented. Hopefully it does and positively for the game itself.

Eh, if you would know me better from this forum you'd know i'm in no way one of the "git gud" writers and even against the tryhards no matter if it is PvE or PvP, PC or Xbox.
    Sorry but you dont know what my stance and opinion about this is and why. You're just assuming and i tell you, that you are wrong!
    I am an advocate to balance combat and all to have no technical advantages with KBM or on PC in general.
    I would be ok with slowed down combat, i made suggestions about this all the time, i'm an advocate to have spawntimes balanced, no clue how or what is the best way to do so, but if possible do it to even the playing field. I played a long time on an old rig every xbox one x was better in comparison. Then i played for over 6 month with a mouse that always doubleclicked and put me often in a bad situation and i lost battles because of it.
    Now i have a new mouse, but because i play on a Laptop what has an issue with the D key and cannot be replaced, nowhere find a new keyboard for this model i'm also in a disadvantage when it comes to need to press D. And you know it's WASD to move on PC.
    Seriously i'm not able to buy a new keyboard or replace the key.
    Here's the 5th reply from a store i wanted to buy a repair set for that f... D key

Hello,
    We received a recent update from our warehouse that the “D” key is currently out of stock for your laptop hinge style model. Unfortunately, this part is also very rare and we are not able to acquire it for you at this time.

If you can give me a hint where to get a new keyboard with german layout for a HP Omen 17-w107ng
    i would apreciate it very much 😁

I would sacrifice a lot to even the playing field and i never disagreed that loading times for respawn on PC's are faster, i also never would say that KBM dont give you an advantage in turning around more quick or that aiming is maybe easier to adjust with dpi settings of your mouse, although i know that pro controllers can have very sensitive setting and it is about preference and a matter of habit to adapt to your settings.
    Some people think high dpi settings would be good for shooting and quick aim, but do you know that most good shooter players play on 400dpi and dont use high sensitivity but their arm and space on the mousepad for accurate aiming?
    I am not able to do that as my space is limited as i play with my Laptop on my knees, because my desk is full of music equip i use dawless. I'd never recommend to play with high dpi settings for your mouse, but lower as much as possible.

My crew is mixed, i hope this will never change.

• @bugaboo-bill yeah not reading any of that to be honest, you be you my friend.

@cotu42 said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@usualbarley8154 said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@cotu42 correct, and I chose to play on console and pay what you don't pay and still you wonder why, not meeting the same requirements that I meet, that the results are different?

I paid, I paid nearly 150 bucks for a life time subscription when I bought my windows 10 license. You got your OS for free, but pay a monthly fee to go online. Different deals, but we both pay.

Incorrect, you don't pay MS to play your PC on live.

Actually, yes.. I owned windows 7. They told me to buy windows 10 to gain access to xbox live and be able to play this game. That was the deal!

Windows 10 isn't optional, it is a hard line requirement. None Microsoft products do not need me to play on windows 10, but Sea of Thieves, the xbox live environment does.

Just like you can play offline without gold, yet if you want to go online you have to pay the fee. We all paid for the ability to play the game, we just gotten different deals.

• @cokney-charmer sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@bugaboo-bill yeah not reading any of that to be honest, you be you my friend.

@cokney-charmer
    Good you opt out, honestly i dont want to play with you and never meet you on the Sea of Thieves because of your ignorance.

And it's the ignorance of the players of both sides what cause this split.

Rare falls for ignorant people.
    Sad but true

• @usualbarley8154 sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@bugaboo-bill said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@cokney-charmer

Good you opt out, honestly i dont want to play with you and never meet you on the Sea of Thieves because of your ignorance.

Sad but true

[mod edit]

The salt is the bias about me, not read my post and opt out to debate.
    That is ignorance and salty as hell.

Please opt out i dont miss any of you and i dont want to play with you as you are that ignorant.
    And you are arguing about finance contribution stuff is compeletely out of my imagination if we talk about a shared world online game.

Please opt out!!!
    cant wait for you to go and never have the chance to meet you ingame, because you are the one who is passive aggressive like hell.

@cotu42 incorrect. Live gold is a separate subscription, apart from anything that you pay for or I pay for to play our PCs on live.

When we play our PCs on live we are not exercising a live gold account.

Regardless of whatever you want to try to call "the cost of playing online" you're not paying for live gold like console players are.

That's the distinction that the opt out hinged on. That was when we got movement on it after months and months of nothing.

That was in fact the winning argument.

You paid Rare the same amount as that I did, why should Rare give you a special option? Why should I be denied with my xbox controller on a PC from a game balancing option, that is meant to even out input balancing?

Why do you not get the same option if you plug in a mouse and keyboard? Xbox players that use a mouse and keyboard also pay for xbox gold, yet may not exclude themselves from the shared crossplay world?

If you want a xbox only option because of xbox gold, it should stand on it's own merits and not be bundled into a gameplay balance option. According to you, you want a VIP section, as that is what you pay for and game balance should not be tied into a VIP option, as that is considered pay to win. Many people would be perfectly fine with crossplay if they are not met with mouse and keyboard users.

• @usualbarley8154 sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@bugaboo-bill said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@usualbarley8154 sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@cokney-charmer

Sad but true

S
    A
    L
    T

The sagt is the Bias about me, not read my post and opt out to debate.
    That is ignorance and salty as hell.

Please opt out i dont miss any of you and i dont want to play with you as you are that ignorant.
    And you are arguing about finance contribution stuff is compeletely out of my imagination if we talk about a shared world online game.

Please opt out!!!
    cant wait for you to go and never have the chance to meet you ingame, because you are the one who is passive aggressive like hell.

[mod edit]

Reported for trying to provoke me.

Edit :
    The sad thing about it is, i'm here to smooth the waves and you say it's only about cheaters and hackers and PC exploiters, but i'm none of that and instead to take your time reading you are salty and biased.

Go away with your negativity and accusations.

@cotu42 said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@usualbarley8154 said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@cotu42 incorrect. Live gold is a separate subscription, apart from anything that you pay for or I pay for to play our PCs on live.

When we play our PCs on live we are not exercising a live gold account.

Regardless of whatever you want to try to call "the cost of playing online" you're not paying for live gold like console players are.

That's the distinction that the opt out hinged on. That was when we got movement on it after months and months of nothing.

That was in fact the winning argument.

You paid Rare the same amount as that I did, why should Rare give you a special option? Why should I be denied with my xbox controller on a PC from a game balancing option, that is meant to even out input balancing?

Why do you not get the same option if you plug in a mouse and keyboard? Xbox players that use a mouse and keyboard also pay for xbox gold, yet may not exclude themselves from the shared crossplay world?

If you want a xbox only option because of xbox gold, it should stand on it's own merits and not be bundled into a gameplay balance option. According to you, you want a VIP section, as that is what you pay for and game balance should not be tied into a VIP option, as that is considered pay to win. Many people would be perfectly fine with crossplay if they are not met with mouse and keyboard users.

Rare isn't just rare, Rare is an MS owned Xbox Game Studio. So what we pay to Rare isnt the only variable in the equation. Also the opt out was not ever meant to just be about input. From go it has been a request for platform separation because xbox is a closed platform. Xbox players who use mouse and keyboard absolutely can exclude themselves from open crossplay, all they have to do is plug in the controller that likely came with their console and tada!

Yet they want to play with mouse and keyboard... that is not a logical answer.

I mean you can call it a vip section or whatever, but Xbox console players dont pay for live for the "free" games or for nothing, which is why this has happened, regardless of what some people think we pay live gold for.

You pay for live to gain online access. I paid for windows 10 to gain access to the live environment. It is the same.

• I think they're going to let xbox players choose to play with (A) players with a controller or (B) players with mouse and keyboard.

• @princes-lettuce said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

I think they're going to let xbox players choose to play with (A) players with a controller or (B) players with mouse and keyboard.

nope the preference is Xbox console and Controller only.

Xbox players on M&K will be placed in the general Crossplay server pool.

• @bugaboo-bill said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@cokney-charmer sagte in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@bugaboo-bill yeah not reading any of that to be honest, you be you my friend.

@cokney-charmer

Sad but true

I wont lose any sleep over it don't worry my friend :)

Happy gaming to you.

@bugaboo-bill

Cool I reported your previous salty response for violating the pirate code to be courteous and respectful due to the insults you slung at me for wanting what I pay live gold for.

What? Are you drunk or what?
    Bild Text

Hahaha, i'm done here.
    Too ridiculous.

• @cotu42 Couple of questions..... You paid $150 for Win 10 and purchased the game itself for $70ish? Does this gives you access to xbox live and all the games that come out for the xbox…. even the free ones to be played on your computer? (360 titles included) I'm just curious, thanks.

• @princes-lettuce said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

I think they're going to let xbox players choose to play with (A) players with a controller or (B) players with mouse and keyboard.

And why shouldn't PC players not be given the same choice?

• You can Use M&K while playing SoT on Xbox. What they will say when they will meet that type of players ingame?

• @usualbarley8154 i can cheese those players easily. Turn on the game. Join into controller only session, plug my M&K and voila.

• @avecrux said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

@usualbarley8154 i can cheese those players easily. Turn on the game. Join into controller only session, plug my M&K and voila.

And why would you want to do that? Haven't you all been saying this entire time there's no advantage? So what will you gain by doing this?

• @avecrux said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

You can Use M&K while playing SoT on Xbox. What they will say when they will meet that type of players ingame?

The new opt out disabled the k&m in those servers. Has been tested but other have stated there are ways to bypass this system. I won't mention what ways there are since I'm not that kind of person that would use such things.

@usualbarley8154 i can cheese those players easily. Turn on the game. Join into controller only session, plug my M&K and voila.

Didn't work when I done it. K&M was disabled when I plugged it in...…..

• @staceyxsx i want to show that making controller only lobby doesn't change anything other than dividing playerbase and make them argue because console players still could have their M&K plugged after opt out lobby w/ controller

@InboundBomb They can't turn off plug and play cos if your controller dies you will need to restart the game.

But why would you? Do you need to try to gain an upper hand to play?
    And besides, if i am in an opt out session and i see one person typing i will be recording it, and i will file a report to Xbox live, Rare and best of luck to them from there.

• I pay xblive for the xbox360.
    I play sot on win10 with controller.

Does this mean because i pay for gold that i can be on the xbox servers

• @needsmokes okay. what about a chatpad plugged into controller. How would you know that i am typing on PC keyboard or plugged into console?

I am on PC.. just saying that there are ways that you can still be psed about someone whos better than you no matter what will you do. There isn't a matter of being PC/Console player. This is matter of crying about being worse than your opponent

@staceyxsx i want to show that making controller only lobby doesn't change anything other than dividing playerbase and make them argue because console players still could have their M&K plugged after opt out lobby w/ controller

@InboundBomb They can't turn off plug and play cos if your controller dies you will need to restart the game.

who uses plug and play with a controller? I done what I had done and k&m didn't work. Since this isn't insider I won't go into detail on what I had done to test things but maybe I need to further my testing to more devious ways to make sur it works properly and report these findings. Thanks for the heads up.

@needsmokes okay. what about a chatpad plugged into controller. How would you know that i am typing on PC keyboard or plugged into console?

I am on PC.. just saying that there are ways that you can still be psed about someone whos better than you no matter what will you do. There isn't a matter of being PC/Console player. This is matter of crying about being worse than your opponent

The chatpad works exactly the same as a M&K. I own one and with it attached, i can not enter a opt out lobby. Same rules.

• @inboundbomb said in Cross-Play, can players on PC have the same considerations as console players?:

who uses plug and play with a controller?

Literally everything you can plug into your machine without downloading drivers is in Plug&Play standard

게시물
조회 수
167 중의 37