fix the pink flame exploit

• I read in another thread that you can circumvent the pink flame death by player to activate the FotD

I'd like to have that exploit fixed.
    No player around that wants to kill you?
    Bad luck.

Working around suggested gameplay mechanics and cheese it should be fixed imho.

게시물
    조회 수
  • This cheat reminds me of when I used to play Rust. On some servers shot distance was recorded. We all would see who could get the longest kill with a rifle. There are leader boards on some of the servers. A lot of these servers had teleport, so you would not have to travel long distances. You would type the teleport command and you would just appear there. People found an exploit by taking the shot and then immediately teleporting far away, thus making the game think you got a crazy, crazy long shot.

All that really has nothing to do with what you're talking about, but it just reminded me of it.

Yeah, so many exploits and glitches are found in all kinds of games. Hopefully Rare keep up to date with the ones in Sea of Thieves and get them patched. I am still waiting for a double gun fix.

• But I may or may not just wanna start the fotd to rob the fort in the name of flameheart. Without people even knowing who started it

• @ajm123 sagte in fix the pink flame exploit:

But I may or may not just wanna start the fotd to rob the fort in the name of flameheart. Without people even knowing who started it

I dont get your point, if the fort is already active, kill them and plunder to your liking 😉

It's about to circumvent to get killed by another player to activate the FotD.

• @bugaboo-bill Not sure i understand this post, are you talking about how you hate to be forced to get the pink flame to activate the FotD or is there is a way to get it by yourself without other crews?

• @bugaboo-bill its more or less id rather be as sneaky as possible and it means getting the light without finding someone to kill me. Also saves time looking for someone. I never do the fort I always steal it. So if I can activate the fort within say 30min or so then I don't mind a work around

• @bugaboo-bill I'm with you on this, wasn't aware of this glitch since I saw this today

• @faceyourdemon said in fix the pink flame exploit:

@bugaboo-bill Not sure i understand this post, are you talking about how you hate to be forced to get the pink flame to activate the FotD or is there is a way to get it by yourself without other crews?

The exploit is where you ignite a keg then log off. The keg kills your crew mate who gets the flame.

• @faceyourdemon sagte in fix the pink flame exploit:

@bugaboo-bill Not sure i understand this post, are you talking about how you hate to be forced to get the pink flame to activate the FotD or is there is a way to get it by yourself without other crews?

Like @Schwammlgott didnt know there is a way to get the pink flame without another crew involved and kill you.
    People can cheese it within their own crew. Dont want to post how.

Edit :
    Oh @DaringClarky already has a posted above.

https://pics.awwmemes.com/ididnt-doit-tor-net-i-didnt-do-it-bart-simpson-53067068.png

• @ajm123

Stealing the flame is all fine.

I just dont want it to be possible to cheese it.

You have to steal the flame or steal the already activated fort or you need to get killed by another crew to activate by yourself.

All "workarounds" that are for sure unintended should be fixed imho.

• @bugaboo-bill its definitely unintended but it just saves time. who cares if it's saves time getting a light.

• @ajm123

I care!
    When you want to safe time, remove the flames to activate it???

• @bugaboo-bill but it's the pink one who likes the color pink.
    If I said I use the venom balls to get the purple one would you be mad.

• @bugaboo-bill Thanks XD i wont tell anyone.

@bugaboo-bill but it's the pink one who likes the color pink.
    If I said I use the venom balls to get the purple one would you be mad.

No you died by venom and it's possible to get poisened by your own crew with a venomball.
    Fine!

If you cheese the game and log out to be not registered as a crewmate kilking your own crew than this is an exploit.

You already said it's for sure unintended.
    So why debate against it?

When it is to save time i have a great solution.
    Dont play a game, saves tons of time 😂

The intention is to get killed or to steal the flame/FotD.
    Other ways are imho exploits that need to be fixed.

• @bugaboo-bill I'll agree it's unintended. But never play sea of thieves again well I don't think that's possible.

I shall keep having happy accidents till it is fixed.

@bugaboo-bill but it's the pink one who likes the color pink.

Me actually, but it's not about the colour itself...pink is the brightest flame in the game...I always put the pink flame under deck, because it's the best way to see down there...not even white makes it so good to see...

• @ajm123

Then play the game as intended and dont game the system in an unintended way.

To me tapping chests for example to speedrun is also not playing the game, it's working the system.

Playing the game means to immerse, become pirate xyz and do what pirates did.

They for sure didnt tap chests and leave them behind just to get the big booty at the end, or?

We can argue that's bad gamedesign or we can argue that's how the game is intended to be played.

If i dislike the intended way to play a game i usually dont start working around it to please myself, i'd just dont play that game.

Imho people who aproach a game that way and exploit, speedrun and such aren't "players".
    It's cool to have people figuring out all the glitches and exploits in insider build, but the regular game wants to be played regular and in an the intended way.
    I cannot imagine developers are happy to see their work gamed and cheesed.
    If that would be the purpose of "playing games" developers wouldn't try to deliver bug free games or fix glitches, but built them in extra to please people who like to game systems instead to play games as intended, or?

• @bugaboo-bill sure I agree all exploits should be fixed. It's just which ones are the important ones. A light isn't important a exploit yes important compared to a lot of other things. No
    But I'll agree with you it is a exploit just not a important one.
    Macros are a way more important issue.

• @ajm123

I fully agree on that.
    If i can choose between fix the pink flame versus DG Exploit i vote fix DGE first.

• @bugaboo-bill sagte in fix the pink flame exploit:

To me tapping chests for example to speedrun is also not playing the game

Thank you! I thought I'm the only one

But I need to say, there is one exploit I use...the "fast digging" one...where u unequip and equip it again...but ai wouldn't mind if it's not in the game anymore

• @schwammlgott

I did that for roughly 10 times with a quick switch back amd forth to the spyglas.
    I have the Shovel on 5 and the spyglas on 4 and can press 4-5 in a quick succesion to dig faster.

I think for Arena that is an exploit that needs to get fixes too, but i dont play Arena and i am so chilled that using the animation break feels more annoying than to dig that chest up regularly, although some chests (Athena and guilded Voyages) tend to be buried in earth's core, nice denglish, but i know you understand it 😂

• @bugaboo-bill I'm on XBox so I just double tab "B" on my controller to put it away and back again 😅

• @schwammlgott @Bugaboo-Bill

How is tapping a chest, the deciding it is not worth digging up and continuing to work on your voyage, commendation or other goal is an exploit?

Personally I tend to even bring a castaway with me and dig properly, but sometimes I just cannot be bothered and just want to finish what my main goal is for the night and call it or we are being chased by other pirates and we have someone shoot to the island, tap the chests so we don't have to return if we don't feel like it.

This is not gaming the system, hitting the treasure to progress the voyage is as designed and only carrying for the goal the pirate set out to do is part of a sandbox game. The value of the treasure is not worth it sometimes based on the goal of the crew.

It is nothing like just speed dig everything up, sprint run the treasure to the ship and cash it all in. That manner is like 1/3 of the time in comparison to gathering it as designed or what it takes to get the items to the ship or seller.

I am all for removing exploits, but whether a pirate wants to collect treasure or not is not an exploit but a personal choice. I don't stop at every shine of treasure on the way nor at the ship wrecks in most cases... there is a bunch of treasure just laying around not being collected by pirates.

• Are you on about the easy way to obtain the pink flame, without encountering another player crew ?

• @cotu42

Didnt say tapping chest is an exploit, bit if you do to speedrun an Athena, to only get the Athena chest asap i say it's not playing the game as intended, but gaming the system to your likings.
    Same with cargo what is mostly left behind and "not worth it".
    I think if we get the journey collection for an Athena, we should do them and not work around them.
    It's refusing loot to safe about half an hour maybe or 1 hour at least.
    It's only about the Athena rep and money then or to compete with doing it asap.
    The intent of it is for sure to immerse and do it all, collect all, deliver all.
    Many people dislike the gameloop, dislike "tedious grind of fetch quests" to me it's not, i have fun doing so, i do so play the game in the intended way and like it this way.

• @troubled-cells sagte in fix the pink flame exploit:

Are you on about the easy way to obtain the pink flame, without encountering another player crew ?

Yes

• There are some bugs or alternatives that should not be removed.

I really liked hiding poedrr kegs in emotes (it was fun to get on the enemy ship and clap hands until I was attacked and blow everything up), I thought it was funny to see the buggy scope so that it looked like something that men have in the middle of their legs (I laughed much of it), it was funny to see the pirate on wheel riding on his back...

The sword bug that became official, many things.

I don't think this "alternative" should be removed either.

• When I do Athena’s I tap the chest and just take captains. I leave the rest sticking out of the ground for some other pirate to discover. Wonder how many of those chests have been found?🤔

I’d say getting the pink flame in that way is cheese and should be patched out. Defeats the purpose of the means to get it.

• @bugaboo-bill

Intent of the game is to allow people to be the pirate they want to be. I could state selling before the Athena voyage is over is unintended, as the idea is to do the full voyage upon the seas. Doing a full voyage make you mass a decent haul for others to potentially steal. Yet it is advised to sell frequently and not mass loot by most pirates.

Do you stop at every ship wreck or floating treasure as they are there to be picked up on the way? That is the intent of them floating in the seas. Do you scout the full island picking up every bit of shiney on the way, as that is the intent of washed up treasure and the random captains? Do you complete the voyages in a bottle during your trip and pay attention to stop and complete them as it is intended to be additions to your voyage to get more treasure and you picked them up.

Which treasure is worth getting or not is really not an aspect to judge whether people are playing the game properly or not. The goals people set out for themselves and how much of the actual treasure that they pick up on the way has nothing to do with the intent or what is the proper way to play. Some people do not have the time. Some people just don't care. Some people want it all. Some people like to have all the numbers maxed out and some people just want to fight. We are feeeroaming pirates.

It is very judgemental to state that it is not playing the game, but the systems while you and every pirate in the game makes choices to leave treasure aside during their time on the seas; even treasure that is bound only to us, bottle voyages are a prime example. The seas are full of treasure and gold, whether you care to stop and spend time to gather it and sell it is on the pirate. Whether you are only out to gather the reputation, the gold, the doubloons, commendations, the trill of battle or all of the above that is what the freedom of choice is about.

Be the pirate you want to be, don't judge those that play the game differently within the bounds of the games design and state they are not playing the game.

A voyage is complete once you tap a chest, as the intent is to find the treasure. Whether or not you gather it, sell it, lose it or leave it for others to find is irrelevant and as intended. You seem to be keen on telling others that how they play is wrong, but maybe you should just let people do their own thing and do the same if you don't think it should be in the game at all make a proposal to fix it.

Exploits and such are deliberate actions done to bypass the design and in most cases obviously out of place and is why they are called exploits. Yet tapping chests or leaving the packages of hassle for a loss of 700 gold a pop is working as intended, it is on yourself to determine whether you want to do it. The ability to log out to get the pink flame is something that should not be in the game.

• @cotu42 sagte in fix the pink flame exploit:

@bugaboo-bill
    Do you stop at every ship wreck or floating treasure as they are there to be picked up on the way?
    That is the intent of them floating in the seas. Do you scout the full island picking up every bit of shiney on the way, as that is the intent of washed up treasure and the random captains? Do you complete the voyages in a bottle during your trip and pay attention to stop and complete them as it is intended to be additions to your voyage to get more treasure and you picked them up.

You are describing my solo playstyle when nobody is rushing me and the playstyle i want a crew for..
    Few Days ago, set sail to the next island what was Crook Hollow, spent an hour there, cooked some meet, found Ashen Key Master and a little later an Ashen Guardian, found a captains chest, 2 mermaid gems, on the way to RH i stopped by a Wreck and found silk. Handed in all, saw a sloop at Sharkbait what i wanted to check next for loot and Ashen Skeletons.
    PvP'd but sunk. Came back, friend called, invited, sailed back to the sloop, sunk them in a fair 2v2 got their loot and selled it.
    Roughly 2 hours need to logout to walk with the Dog.

The ability to log out to get the pink flame is something that should not be in the game.

And that is what the thread is about.

People can play like they want, but cheesing this and neglecting that and speedruning another is not my way to play Sea of Thieves and i'm sure the way i do is more close to the intended way.

But do you know what?!
    I've learned that 90% of roleplay gamers don't roleplay but work the roleplay elements and are more the kind of an Excel Warrior but immersing roleplayers.

To everybody it's own!

I just want to make sure my way to play and immerse isn't forgotten and the intended way to play or roleplay!

If cheesing and speedrunning is the intended way, then why not build games to cheese and speedrun.

It's is per Definition not the intended way to speedrun a game, else it wouldn't be a speedrun.
    The whole purpose of a speedrun is to circumvent intended mechanics.
    Read about the Outer Worlds Speedrun? 😂

• @bugaboo-bill

This is an open world game, where you can set any goals for yourself and is how the game is intended to be played. The spirit of the game is to let everyone be the pirate they want to be.

You might not like their goals or style it doesn't mean they aren't playing the game. What a pirate values is not something that should be judged by anyone, as we all define it differently. Maybe you shouldn't claim they are not playing the game just because they are not like you and feel the urge to get all the loot.

The fact that you place it in the same category as exploit using to me is absurd. I care about loot and don't sell often so I am a pinata, but seriously I get why people hit and move on for many bits and pieces or sell at every opportunity even mid voyage. I do it myself at times based on what it is worth for me either sell or tap and move and I am not playing the system at all even though you would claim that. The simple aspect is the value and overall effort ratio just isn't interesting enough to me as a pirate and that is a reason why people don't bother with delivery voyages or speed run and some just want to see how fast they can go and place zero value in gold and it is all about the speed and journey.

• @cotu42

To me tapping chests for example to speedrun is also not playing the game, it's working the system.

I said it's working the system, i did not say it's an exploit!

I have spoken

• @bugaboo-bill

You said it is not playing the game as intended by working the systems. What exactly is your definition of an exploit: as far as I know it is using the systems to achieve something that is unintended?

Just because it isn't your style does not make it so that they are not playing the game as intended.

You do realize that playing the game is working the systems to achieve the goals that one sets out in the game. The difference between an exploit and gameplay is whether it was by design (accepted element) or not as intended to bypass the design.

• @cotu42 said in fix the pink flame exploit:

@bugaboo-bill

You said it is not playing the game as intended by working the systems. What exactly is your definition of an exploit: as far as I know it is using the systems to achieve something that is unintended?

Just because it isn't your style does not make it so that they are not playing the game as intended.

You do realize that playing the game is working the systems to achieve the goals that one sets out in the game. The difference between an exploit and gameplay is whether it was by design (accepted element) or not as intended to bypass the design.

I see it as an exploit myself. You can't purposely kill your crew and get the flame while in the crew and you were part of the crew when said keg was ignited by you before you left so the same element should apply. Exploit or bug..... your call but still needs to be fixed so the pink flame can be ascertained as intended. (my 2 farthings)

게시물
조회 수
43 중의 15