PC in game chat issue. Help?

• I'm on Xbox and my son plays on PC. Lately we've wanted to use game chat for our comms. He wants to talk to other pirates out there.
    For some reason. We cannot hear each other.
    He can see my chat bubble. I can't see his. I can chat with others. He cannot.

We usually start in xbox chat. Then switch to in game via party settings.
    I've looked at both his xbox app and game settings. What am I missing?
    Left tab is push to talk. Nothing.

Any tips to get this sorted? I've heard PC players say to each other "you're in both chats" i want to set him up like this.

게시물
    조회 수
  • @boomstickband1t would need to check and make sure the audio settings are correct in the xbox app. Make sure the correct mic is selected. Might be the issue.

• go to xbox.com login to your account and check your privacy settings on your account and your sons there is a section that limits communication with others that needs to be set to everyone.

• @pilks4k I'll take a look. Thank you.

Also. To be noted. All other game chats seem fine. Gmod, Fortnight, rust. Ark. Everything else he plays.

• @pilks4k said in PC in game chat issue. Help?:

go to xbox.com login to your account and check your privacy settings on your account and your sons there is a section that limits communication with others that needs to be set to everyone.

I did change the settings to everyone. Still can't talk each other (in game). Xbox party is fine.

• I had a similar issue. Sadly, I'm at work so I do not have access to my computer, but the basic idea is to go to your Settings on windows, not Xbox. Find the tab regarding apps permissions to access the microphone. There should be a tab somewhere with a list of games and application and a Yes/No slider next to each of them. By default, SoT is set on No. You could think that it blocks your ability to speak but it actually prevents you to hear others aswell.

If you haven't found by then, I'll be able to provide more detailed information and screenshot in 4/5 hours.

• @boomstickband1t Hmm odd your not in an xbox party why trying to talk to others are you? as that breaks proximity chat as xbox parties are private groups, you have to team up via the in game menu and not be in an xbox party for proximity chat to work also the people you are trying to talk to in game must not be in an xbox party.

• It's a windows thing. Tested with steam. In game chat works.
    I'll look at windows settings as well. But I assumed they were fine because Party Chat works, and his mic is recognized

• goto privacy settings in windows then microphone and make sure sea of thieves is turned on.I had this when the game was first released..

• @ducky12497 +1 this solution, that's what I was talking about.

게시물
조회 수
10 중의 6