Cosmetics/Weapons

• @galactic-geek good eye!

• Honestly those weapons look downright amazing and I would love to one day seem them, honestly we could use some new permanent weapons besides the Cutlass, Blunderbuss, Flintlock and Rifle and it would make PVP/PVE a lot more interesting due to different weapon variations.

Actually, imagine if we could duel-wield weapons (to an extent). I want to duel-wield flintlocks and go full Lara Croft on everyone, and just for the heck of it make us use our weapons for a quick melee like in Halo. Might consider making my own thread for a Weapons themed update.

• @voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

This is the Calypso Hair & Makeup I mentioned previously

alt text

alt text

Couldn't help myself!!! xD

• @foxywiththemoxy said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Honestly those weapons look downright amazing and I would love to one day seem them, honestly we could use some new permanent weapons besides the Cutlass, Blunderbuss, Flintlock and Rifle and it would make PVP/PVE a lot more interesting due to different weapon variations.

Actually, imagine if we could duel-wield weapons (to an extent). I want to duel-wield flintlocks and go full Lara Croft on everyone, and just for the heck of it make us use our weapons for a quick melee like in Halo. Might consider making my own thread for a Weapons themed update.

Duel-wielding will never happen due to its very premise - take the weapons we have now for example: a flintlock, the weakest of firearms in terms of damage, can now be fired faster, and kill virtually instantly due to a higher fire-rate. It'd basically be the double-gun exploit all over again, but legitimized, and that's a very scary thought.

Damage or firing rate could be adjusted, of course, but neither would really make sense, would it?

The only way I see this working is if a new weapon is introduced, like dual-wielding knives, for example - those could stand to be faster with their attack speed due to lower damage and reach.

• @galactic-geek i chose to ignore you as a whole, not just what you said

• @jackbilge said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@galactic-geek i chose to ignore you as a whole, not just what you said

Well then how can we have a conversation? 🤔

Also, you're missing out on some good stuff by doing so. 😅

• @galactic-geek xx

• @jackbilge what’s that comment for? If you don’t have anything nice to say, why bring it up in the first place?

• @galactic-geek said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@foxywiththemoxy said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Honestly those weapons look downright amazing and I would love to one day seem them, honestly we could use some new permanent weapons besides the Cutlass, Blunderbuss, Flintlock and Rifle and it would make PVP/PVE a lot more interesting due to different weapon variations.

Duel-wielding will never happen due to its very premise - take the weapons we have now for example: a flintlock, the weakest of firearms in terms of damage, can now be fired faster, and kill virtually instantly due to a higher fire-rate. It'd basically be the double-gun exploit all over again, but legitimized, and that's a very scary thought.

Damage or firing rate could be adjusted, of course, but neither would really make sense, would it?

The only way I see this working is if a new weapon is introduced, like dual-wielding knives, for example - those could stand to be faster with their attack speed due to lower damage and reach.

As much as I would like to see this list of weapons be permanent; the fact they have created rapier skins for newer cutlasses it appears a standalone version of the rapier won't come to fruition & I realistically don't see a great sword or a variant of a pistol appearing either.

Weapons:

• Blunderbuss

• Boarding Axe

• Cutlass

• Flintlock Pistol

• Heavy Sword

• Pistol

• Rapier

• Sniper Rifle

The prime candidates for new weapons probably fall more along the dagger, musket, and boarding axe to be honest.

The dagger could be a faster one handed weapon that probably couldn't block but still dodge, could be thrown, and maybe have a higher damage attack when attacking pirates in the back.

alt text

While the boarding axe would probably be the weapon to dual wield with the ability to board any boat from wherever they wanted or do damage to the boat itself as well.

alt text

alt text

And we have already briefly discussed the musket.

alt text

• Here is a rapier model that may have been intended but we got the Ruby Stinger Cutlass instead? Definitely some slight confusion as it is the primary artwork for season 3. Hopefully they will release it at a later date or it will be part of a Daring Deceivers weapons set.

alt text

alt text

• @voshell The best and simplest way for daggers to be implemented IMO is to have them be used as disposable throwables. They would be thrown straight a short distance, do 50% without splash damage, or 100% damage at close range while facing the opponent's backside.

Boarding axes IMO can also be thrown in a similar manner, but will do more damage with a slower throw speed, and instead of doing 100% damage to an opponent, can instead do 1 hit worth of damage to a ship component, such as the wheel, mast, or capstan. So, with 3, you could break a single mast.

As throwables, this also means that you will have to balance them out with both firebombs and blunderbombs.

• You are all much stronger than I am. I had to stop looking at cosmetics in images and decorative cosmetics in game within the first year.

• @lonegoatknifer said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

You are all much stronger than I am. I had to stop looking at cosmetics in images and decorative cosmetics in game within the first year.

You should never stop appreciating good art. 😉

• @voshell I would love to have the Pendragon-Cutlass from the tavern.

• @mo-mcdamage I find it odd that his Sword of Souls wasn’t glowing in the tavern.

• the masked strangers clothing set is mostly the hunter set in-game with a hood and a mask

• @ninja-naranja said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@mo-mcdamage I find it odd that his Sword of Souls wasn’t glowing in the tavern.

He had a different cutlass than the Sword of Souls while he appeared in the Tavern of the Damned & on the Black Pearl. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a picture of it yet....

• Additionally, I always found it odd that the released Sword of Souls is much different than the promotional image we were shown.

alt text

I would have actually preferred the accented glowing along the edge of the blade instead the brightly colored one released.

• I would also like to see a stand alone cosmetic release of George's gloves.

alt text

It combines a black leather/gold studded variant of my favorite gloves (Corsair/Crimson Corsair Sea Dog Gloves) on one hand and a red wrap on the off-hand similar to many Bilge Rat variations.

• @voshell So far, all gloves have been largely symmetrical, so I doubt this will happen. If does happen, I worry about pirates asking for other mixed variations, which would clutter the menus.

To do it right, Rare would have replace the gloves option with both left/right glove options so you can set 1 individually - but that could lead to pirates asking questions like "why don't we have a left/right boots optionas well?"

• @voshell promotional images don’t always seem to be the most correct. Shame what happened to that Ruby Rapier.

• @voshell What's shown there isn't definitively going to be the ONLY recolors. I'll always ask for a dark red!

• Can we please get the shirt Pendragon wears under his Jacket? Some of the Pirate's Life ghosts wear it as well. We currently have all Pendragon's clothes BUT his shirt.

• @galactic-geek said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell So far, all gloves have been largely symmetrical, so I doubt this will happen. If does happen, I worry about pirates asking for other mixed variations, which would clutter the menus.

To do it right, Rare would have replace the gloves option with both left/right glove options so you can set 1 individually - but that could lead to pirates asking questions like "why don't we have a left/right boots optionas well?"

That is very true with the symmetry; besides the Forsaken Ashes & Bone Crusher variations primarily all gloves are mirrored models of each other.

I would never ask for the option of mixed variations of gloves or boots; but I would be enamored with the prospect of sporting Georges gloves due to it already being in game as part of an NPC model.

• This isn't quite two different gloves but I am a fan of this one handed glove style and what appears to have a bracelet on the off hand. Definitely could add some uniqueness if added.

alt text

alt text

@joe-krakatoa said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Seamarks jacket kind of matches the Victorious Sea Dog Blunderbuss as he is associated with Lesedi & the Sea Dogs. I actually found a better picture of him and it actually shows his gloves; which happen to be the same gloves the Sea Dog Agents wear in the arena as well.

alt text

I'd really like that bandanna. I loved seeing that Peacekeeper blue headgear on skellies.
    Really more variety of do-rags in general, and what about recolors of Hero sets, like maybe the Daring Deceiver's Hat?

Yeah I love it. The whole outfit is tremendous including the tattoo & beard as well.

Here is an additional image that I came across that gives a better view of his beard!

alt text

This would be my new preferred facial hair for sure! All of his cosmetics are certainly nothing to overlook and I think this should be the Season 4 set that is released!

• @verbalhat260014 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@joe-krakatoa said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Seamarks jacket kind of matches the Victorious Sea Dog Blunderbuss as he is associated with Lesedi & the Sea Dogs. I actually found a better picture of him and it actually shows his gloves; which happen to be the same gloves the Sea Dog Agents wear in the arena as well.

alt text

I'd really like that bandanna. I loved seeing that Peacekeeper blue headgear on skellies.
    Really more variety of do-rags in general, and what about recolors of Hero sets, like maybe the Daring Deceiver's Hat?

Yeah I love it. The whole outfit is tremendous including the tattoo & beard as well.

Here is an additional image that I came across that gives a better view of his beard!

alt text

This would be my new preferred facial hair for sure! All of his cosmetics are certainly nothing to overlook and I think this should be the Season 4 set that is released!

I can honestly say I would not be opposed to that statement.....

• Another cosmetic not implemented is the trousers (on the right) that the Sea Dog Agents wear.

alt text

• @voshell his gloves look rather snazzy as well :)

Another cosmetic not implemented is the trousers (on the right) that the Sea Dog Agents wear.

alt text

These are all really cool but to be honest I’m a lot more worried about them adding things that are missing from pre existing sets like the bone crusher ones, the day ones swords, and Silent Barnacle figurehead.

• @neon-ic0n said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell his gloves look rather snazzy as well :)

Yes. Yes they are. As @verbalhat260014 commented above ^ they should release Osgar Seamarks outfit as the cosmetics for Season 4!

He has the same snazzy gloves!

alt text

It would also follow the same format as a Beard & Tattoo to unlock with renown as well!

• @illbushido305 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Another cosmetic not implemented is the trousers (on the right) that the Sea Dog Agents wear.

alt text

These are all really cool but to be honest I’m a lot more worried about them adding things that are missing from pre existing sets like the bone crusher ones, the day ones swords, and Silent Barnacle figurehead.

They are all missing ; )

• @voshell to be fair as the dev here had said, the outfits on npcs aren’t necessarily cosmetics that can be used by players. This can be observed in the jacket sudds wears and the one we got. What I was referring to is cosmetic sets that are missing certain parts like the Bone Crusher set not having trousers while the recolor does or the Silent Barnacle set missing a figurehead which they acknowledged as a mistake during Season One. I want things like this to be rectified before they begin working on more stuff because that creates room for more missing things. An example of that room for mistake is the Thriving Wild Rose compass which is also missing unfortunately.

• @illbushido305 Pirate Robert’s also said that she would be looking into the missing cosmetics you’re talking about. I’m sure they’re just getting them finalized.

Although I sure hope they get released soon.

• @illbushido305 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell to be fair as the dev here had said, the outfits on npcs aren’t necessarily cosmetics that can be used by players. This can be observed in the jacket sudds wears and the one we got. What I was referring to is cosmetic sets that are missing certain parts like the Bone Crusher set not having trousers while the recolor does or the Silent Barnacle set missing a figurehead which they acknowledged as a mistake during Season One. I want things like this to be rectified before they begin working on more stuff because that creates room for more missing things. An example of that room for mistake is the Thriving Wild Rose compass which is also missing unfortunately.

I understood what you meant. They are headed in the right direction with missing/potential cosmetics. As I have said previously; they have increased the cosmetic pool by leaps and bounds since Season 1 started and I applaud everything they have done so far. I see a potential cosmetic and I would like to see it be an available option for all. I also enjoy seeing the individuality it creates amongst other pirates.

Postagens
1.1m
Visualizações
415 de 1370