Sea of Thieves not running in my Nvidia graphic card.

• I have a gaming laptop, I have a Intel integrated card and an Nvidia 1050.
    All my games run well on my Nvidia except from Sea of Thieves, I already went into the Nvidia Control Panel and selected Sea of Thieves.exe to run with the Nvidia card, also globally set my graphic card to the Nvidia one.
    Every game I play actually uses the Nvidia card, but Sea of Thieves still uses the Integrated one, no matter how I set it.

Postagens
    Visualizações
  • Does your laptop have a feature where it will swap automatically to whichever gpu it wants? Try disabling that. I think it is called Nvidia Optimus or something?

Sometimes this feature will keep selecting the integrated gpu, rather than the dedicated one.

• No, it doesn't have Nvidia Optimus, weird thing is that, it only happens with Sea of Thieves...

• Have you tried swapping between windowed and full screen? Sometimes that helps.

Alternatively, try running an application in the background that also utilizes the graphics card but just keep minimized.

• @unshapeddragoon Do you play the Steam version or the Microsoft Store version?

If it is the Microsoft Store version try going into your Windows settings,
    System,
    Display,
    Scroll down to Graphics Settings and under the "Choose an app to set preference" add Sea of Thieves to it, once you added it set it to "High Performance".

• @unshapeddragoon Under Windows Graphics Settings, select Graphics Performance Preference and add exception for sot.exe and set to High Performance.

• @calicorsaircat said in Sea of Thieves not running in my Nvidia graphic card.:

Have you tried swapping between windowed and full screen? Sometimes that helps.

Alternatively, try running an application in the background that also utilizes the graphics card but just keep minimized.

Tried the first one and it didn't work sadly, I still need to try the second one, but I think that if I do that my cpu would bottleneck with the 2 applications.

• @ixxolos said in Sea of Thieves not running in my Nvidia graphic card.:

@unshapeddragoon Do you play the Steam version or the Microsoft Store version?

If it is the Microsoft Store version try going into your Windows settings,
    System,
    Display,
    Scroll down to Graphics Settings and under the "Choose an app to set preference" add Sea of Thieves to it, once you added it set it to "High Performance".

I have the steam version, would that work either way?

• @bizi-betiko said in Sea of Thieves not running in my Nvidia graphic card.:

@unshapeddragoon Under Windows Graphics Settings, select Graphics Performance Preference and add exception for sot.exe and set to High Performance.

Steam version, same as above, would that work either way?

• @unshapeddragoon Yeah it should, I have the Steam version as well as the Microsoft store version and did it for both. It helped with lots of scuffy gpu issues I was having.

• @unshapeddragoon yup, what @Ixxolos said ^.

• keep up on the windows updates.

I have a similar machine and for whatever reason whenever there is a windows update available it messes with my graphic card and I need to update then it fixes it

Happened just this morning. Dunno if this will help your issue but it always seems to fix mine

Postagens
Visualizações
7 de 12