Question: How often do you get attacked by other players when doing world events?

• Regardless if you enjoy the thrill of attracting PvP or not when doing a world event, how often do you get attacked by other ships coming your way?

I would like to get some stats and a general idea of how likely is that players are attacked by other players while clearing world events. Do you get attacked every single time? Are you able to clear the world event without any issue? Are there times where you don't get attacked at all while doing them, but when its over the ambush appears? I want to hear from other players how often they get interrupted when doing Ashen Winds, Forts, Forts of Fortune, Fleets, and of course the player triggered events like the Forts of the damned and Legend of the Veil.

Postagens
    Visualizações
  • How often am I attacked while doing world events?

Depends on the world event and is there an event or double xp

With the hour glass now a thing, 9/10 I finish forts and ashen lords with no problems.

• With this being the big HG season, not often.

It will probably go back to normal next season.

• @dragotech123 It depends on where the playerbase’s interest is currently. Right now it’s not very contested in my experience.

• Since hourglass it's only been on rare occasions.
    Before hourglass it happened every other time at least.

My opinion on it is that world events were a good source of PVP activity, but at high activity they could also be frustrating because the rewards for doing it weren't worth fighting half the server for them.

So world events should give HG faction rep imo.

• @scheneighnay said in Question: How often do you get attacked by other players when doing world events?:

Since hourglass it's only been on rare occasions.

My opinion on it is that world events were a good source of PVP activity, but at high activity they could also be frustrating because the rewards for doing it weren't worth fighting half the server for them.

Well before HG, they were chomping at the bit.

• @personalc0ffee said in Question: How often do you get attacked by other players when doing world events?:

@scheneighnay said in Question: How often do you get attacked by other players when doing world events?:

Since hourglass it's only been on rare occasions.

Well before HG, they were chomping at the bit.

Gold-wise, sea forts made world events completely irrelevant because they were much faster and much safer.

FoFs and Ashen Winds were really the PVP content at the time. Of course nobody ever did basic forts then either.
    Though oddly enough one of the only times I had a fight during a world event since hourglass was when we were helping out a new crew and a brig decided that they were going to try to fight another brig and a galley for a minor fort.

• Dunno. Usually don't do them. I've had lurking people trying to position a steal doing veils and I promptly cancel it.

I start FotD as bait and go play with it until someone shows up and I leave, typically before being fired upon.

I've done a few Ashen Winds, have not been interrupted, but only one was solo.

I solo forts from time to time, but if someone gets into render distance I leave too lol.

I've been sunk more at shrines than world events.

• Depends on world event, crew size and the server you are in.

On a busy, blood thirsty server I skip doing them if im solo. If the server seems quiet then they are an easy grab, even on a sloop you can do them without being bothered.

If we are on a bigger ship - bring it on!

• It is funny that you ask.
    I had never attempted a world event before. I decided to try one the last time that I played, two days ago. I sailed over to an Ashen Winds event to see what it was all about. I anchored my sloop and started a swim to the island. I heard noise on my ship behind me, and there was another player on my sloop throwing fire bombs on the main deck.
    I started swimming back, and they gunned me down in the water.

So, while it is not statistically relevant, 100% of the time that I have attempted a world event I have been attacked by other players cowards.

lol

• @skrapshak said in Question: How often do you get attacked by other players when doing world events?:

It is funny that you ask.
    I had never attempted a world event before. I decided to try one the last time that I played, two days ago. I sailed over to an Ashen Winds event to see what it was all about. I anchored my sloop and started a swim to the island. I heard noise on my ship behind me, and there was another player on my sloop throwing fire bombs on the main deck.
    I started swimming back, and they gunned me down in the water.

So, while it is not statistically relevant, 100% of the time that I have attempted a world event I have been attacked by other players cowards.

lol

I would just call that a "less than wise" player seeing as anyone who wants a fight will attack you openly while anyone who wants to steal will wait until you do all the work first, then attack you.

They accomplished nothing.

• @scheneighnay

Hahaha. I've been playing this game as a solo slooper long enough to know not to carry loot any longer than I have to. I certainly am not going to go into a new situation carrying anything that I wouldn't be willing to part with. :)

I have encountered a number of players that like to sink my ship while I'm off enjoying an island, lately. Such bravery!

They do accomplish one thing, at least. They use up their good resources.

• While doing ashen winds i was only ever hunted down after doing it when it was new, but never seem to get attacked after that one any more. But i do attack people if they finish it when im close by and not doing something else already.

As for regular forts, i hardly do them, but never get attacked doing normal ones.

• I'd say roughly 1 out of 5 world events ends up with pvp. it used to be more like 1 of 2, or 1 of 3.

Postagens
Visualizações
9 de 14