Stand up to Cancer Charity Sails - Coming September 28th!

• XBOX GAME STUDIO TO RELEASE SEA OF THIEVES IN-GAME ITEM IN SUPPORT OF STAND UP TO CANCER.

If you play Sea Of Thieves, don't miss the release of a unique in-game item, the "Sails of Union", available to players from 28 September. The "Sails of Union" reflects the strength in unity of gamers who plan to take on cancer with new and exciting gaming challenges.

The sail will cost £7.99 with proceeds going to Stand Up To Cancer*.

Watch this space to find out more and get your sail.

*For every purchase of the “Sails of Union” charity item, Microsoft will donate 75% of the purchase price made via steam.com and 100% of the purchase price made via the Microsoft Store to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. Donations from purchases made within the United States of America will be made to Stand Up to Cancer US.

https://www.standuptocancer.org.uk/whats-happening/sea-of-thieves-sails-of-union

https://d5jvy5909f2q6.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/sea-of-thieves-su2c-sails-of-union.jpg

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • Awesome! Always a fan of Charity Stuff! I wondered when these Sails would return!

• Great cause and nice looking sails. Lost too much family to cancer so this is a definite buy.

• Pretttty

• I'm going to take a guess that the reason the donation percentage is less for Steam is that Valve pocket some of the coin for themselves like most store providers do. That's quite disappointing and I think Valve needs to know that. From a moral standpoint if I buy something like this intended as a donation to a charity then I expect the full donation to be made to that charity.

I know there's not much I can do about it, just voicing my displeasure at the situation.

• @gundy-the-shark It would seem so - I hope someone reached out in the hope that Steam would donate the whole value.

• Just a reminder - keep your eyes peeled for this one arriving on the shores of the Microsoft Store tomorrow!

• @musicmee said in Stand up to Cancer Charity Sails - Coming September 28th!:

Just a reminder - keep your eyes peeled for this one arriving on the shores of the Microsoft Store tomorrow!

It's "tomorrow" in BST, were are they? :O

• My mom had cancer when I was little and just got done going through a second round of cancer with her. Def getting these in support!

• Beautiful sails by day... even more so by night!

alt text

• @musicmee Frantically refreshing MS Store

• @satanicnemesis Join the club ;D

• Should the sails be released now?

• Will they be available in the pirate emporium in game so we can use ancient coins to get them or is it exclusive to the website?

@musicmee said in Stand up to Cancer Charity Sails - Coming September 28th!:

@wolfmanbush Ahoy matey!

The sails will be sold exclusively in the retrospective stores and not in the emporium as part of the deal struck with the charity.

thank you for the quick response

• @wolfmanbush Ahoy matey!

The sails will be sold exclusively in the retrospective stores and not in the emporium as part of the deal struck with the charity.

• In support of a great cause and they don't look too bad neither.

• @realstyli Also bought them, haven't seen them yet in game...so thanks for that pic brother!

• “ available to players from 28 September. ”

From 28th till??

• @burnbacon

November 6th 2020

:)

• @reapinglegion said in Stand up to Cancer Charity Sails - Coming September 28th!:

@realstyli Also bought them, haven't seen them yet in game...so thanks for that pic brother!

I've bought them as well and they'll be replacing the Scurvy Bilge Rat Sails I normally use when sailing solo.

• I find they go really well with the Merchant Alliance ship set

• I'll never not buy into whatever charity stuff Rare does tbh.

• I kicked cancers rear end at age 22.

Will be donating for sure.

Would love to see a collaboration with Macmillan.

• i cant say i really dig the white border on these sails. makes them kind f look like a photograph or whatnot.

• @tehstepford

I think it's supposed to signify the shroud around the Sea of Thieves and the emblem in the middle is all who sail on it united for SU2C, though still adversaries. At first, I though the "stars" might represent islands but I can't see any correlation with the map, so it might just be the stars in the sky.

Just my interpretation though, could be way off what they were going for. I was a bit meh on the border myself at first but it grew on me and, if nothing else, makes them unique and a lot more recognisable at a distance.

• Thanks to Mr Musicmee , i was able to find those sails , i find it strange that those sails aren't offered for sale in the Emporium...Would it not be easier and wouldn't we not have less missunderstandings if every cosmetic , that needs to be bought , could be found in the Emporium , i think a whole lot more sails would be sold this way...

• @clumsy-george

I tend to agree. Though maybe they did it this way because they were hoping to persuade Valve to give up 100% and it would have been more difficult to do that with people spending Ancient Coins they already purchased? Valve taking 25% (instead of the usual 30%) makes me think some sort of deal was struck though.

• alt text

• @wolfmanbush
    Wow, that's a great picture , it looks like the Sea has been frozen.

• @musicmee hi there the price is actually £4.99

• Got the sails, glad to help to something so important!
    Thank you Rare for shining light on a very dark matter, we all lost family members and friends to cancer

• @tehstepford said in Stand up to Cancer Charity Sails - Coming September 28th!:

i cant say i really dig the white border on these sails. makes them kind f look like a photograph or whatnot.

I thought it was unfinished when I saw it at first. It seems like its supposed to be a png, and thats blank space, and got converted to a jpg or something.

• @clownpoison said in Stand up to Cancer Charity Sails - Coming September 28th!:

@musicmee hi there the price is actually £4.99

Or just €5.99 in euro countries.

• Bought!

I wish there was a cystic fibrosis charity event! They need major funding as it’s not massively spoken about but effects so many people.

Публикации
Просмотры
28 из 42