SoT Official Discord Policies

• Ahoy, I have some questions about the SoT Discord policies and am hoping to find some clarity here!

When I first started playing Sot in April (new PS5 player) I was introduced to Discord by watching a SoT partners YouTube. I had never used Discord before, so this is new territory for me. After some time of finding crew on their Discord, someone invited me to the SoT official Discord, which until then I did not know existed. I have used it exclusively since then, except for a few times where I messaged people looking for crew in the LFC and they would DM a different server for a voice channel. This had happened to me a few times, so I assumed it to be normal/OK. I do not have a server of my own, so have never invited anyone to join on an external server from the LFC personally. I had been playing with a few people consistently, who I met in the SoT official LFC channel, and we became friends and would DM randomly throughout the day. We wanted to all play the other night, so they invited me to their Discord server over DM to join a VC there, which I did. Someone else I DM with regularly wanted to join, so I sent him the link that was sent to me. The person I messaged ended up acting very toxic towards other crews, so we asked him to leave. The day after I received a message saying I was banned from the SoT Discord for promoting outside servers in the LFC channel. I have never shared a link/mentioned/promoted another server in the LFC channel that I am aware of, but believe I was reported by the toxic crew member from the previous night. Is it against policy to DM someone you know a link to another server for a SoT VC regardless if it is outside the LFC channel? If you are in the SoT Discord, are you allowed to be a part of other Discords? I am a bit confused by how it all works... I have used the SoT Discord for finding crew exclusively since I have known about it and just wish I had a better understanding of any policies I have violated :(

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • @swadman420 Ahoy matey!

For clarification...

If you are joining an active VC in the Discord, we just ask that you have made prior plans via one of the LFC channels.

It prevents VC hopping, voice call spam, soundboard nonsense and makes sure everyone in the call is happy for the interaction to take place.

It's all about creating a safe space for everyone.

We can also track every VC join, VC disjoin and LFC post to track bad actors.

If you want to discuss your moderation action in any way feel free to DM me or one of the other mods or CMs.

• @swadman420 And on "self promotion" we don't allow links to other Discord servers or websites inside About Me/Bio sections of your Discord profile.

Again, to try and stop scams, protect players from potential age restricted content... etc. Trying to create a safe space for all ages (all those that play the game).

• @musicmee Thank you! I will send you a DM, I really appreciate your response!

Публикации
Просмотры
3 из 4