Vsync Problem [PC]

• Hello, i have some issue with vertical sync.
    First, if it's enabled or disabled from the game there isn't any difference, my frame rate is always capped at 60 while i'm in fullscreen mode... in window mode it work but there isn't a borderless mode atm.

If i disabled completely it from nvidia driver that work in full screen too and i have fps uncapped.

Second problem, with vsync from game enabled i have some seriously fps drop, near fire in tavern for example and in others spot... if i enable it from nvidia driver and disable in game settings works like a charm.

Then, there are some issue with vsync in game? Any other experiencing this?

I have a GTX 1060 . Latest Driver

Thank you for answering and sorry my bad english.

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • @m4ddan the frame rate drop seems related just to some outpost island and if i lower Water quality it's less noticeable. Then isn't an issue with vsync.

• @M4dDan I have the same problem, capped at 61FPS with V-Sync on or off. On certain outposts I also get awful frame drops in the tavern/near candles and some local shops.

I also have a GTX 1060, latest driver.

• format your computer :)

• @pachenkogg no sense? why? i reinstalled windows recently anyway .

• @nonsmalljohn nice , i'm not alone , then it's a game issue. If u disable vsync from nvcp u can have unlocked frame, but the drop in these location there are anyway. I want use vsync anyway cause i have tearing without it.

Set the Water quality to rare instead legendary alleviate the issue, but there are no sense in a closed room water influence fps.

Set everything on common eliminate the issue completely. But i'm disappointed anyway a 1060 6gb can't handle this game in some area.

• The game already runs in borderless fullscreen. That is what the fullscreen option is.

This means that the game inherits the v-sync from the desktop, which often introduces less lag anyway. Just leave v-sync off if you're not experiencing tearing, and use the framerate cap to target the desired refresh-rate.

• I have a similar issue (kindof). Except my low fps has to do with a capture card. I use two pcs for streaming, where my main monitor is mirrored to my capture card on the second comp. Now my capture card refresh rate is locked at 30hrz (shown in nvidia control panel), but can still capture and display 60hrz where my main monitor is locked to 60hrz. Now in order for my games to display properly on my capture card, I have to run all my games in borderless fullscreen. The problem I had with this game is I was able to run the game in fullscreen, but it was locked at 30 fps locking it to my capture cards refresh rate instead of my main monitors refresh rate and ofcourse I messed with the vsync (ingame) with no change to fps. I should have tried it at the nvidia control panel like you guys did, but I didn't, so I just ran the game in windowed mode which gave me my 60fps back but ofcourse had the border and the taskbar seen which isnt ideal since there was no borderless fullscreen to select from in the closed beta build. Hopefully they add that option in at release.
    If I remove the capture card from the equation I can then run the game at the full 60fps in fullscreen. The game ran flawlessly with no fps drops on a gtx 1080ti latest driver.
    I wrote all this in case anyone with a similar setup like mine may have had the same issue or can rule out any other issue, but all in all it has to do with vsync in game not working properly in fullscreen.

• @yaboinight said in Vsync Problem [PC]:

I have a similar issue (kindof). Except my low fps has to do with a capture card. I use two pcs for streaming, where my main monitor is mirrored to my capture card on the second comp. Now my capture card refresh rate is locked at 30hrz (shown in nvidia control panel), but can still capture and display 60hrz where my main monitor is locked to 60hrz. Now in order for my games to display properly on my capture card, I have to run all my games in borderless fullscreen. The problem I had with this game is I was able to run the game in fullscreen, but it was locked at 30 fps locking it to my capture cards refresh rate instead of my main monitors refresh rate and ofcourse I messed with the vsync (ingame) with no change to fps. I should have tried it at the nvidia control panel like you guys did, but I didn't, so I just ran the game in windowed mode which gave me my 60fps back but of course had the border and the taskbar seen which isnt ideal since there was no borderless fullscreen to select from in the closed beta build. Hopefully they add that option in at release.
    If I remove the capture card from the equation I can then run the game at the full 60fps in fullscreen. The game ran flawlessly with no fps drops on a gtx 1080ti latest driver.
    I wrote all this in case anyone with a similar setup like mine may have had the same issue or can rule out any other issue, but all in all it has to do with vsync in game not working properly in fullscreen.

I am having a similar issue. I am using the Elgato 4k60 Pro capture card to stream with a 2 PC setup. My main monitor is mirrored with the Elgato output and it can handle 60FPS+ in other games fine, but for some reason it limits this game to no more than 30, usually hovering in the lowe 20s in Full-Screen mode. I switch to Windowed mode, no problems. I make it so the two sources are no longer mirrored, no problem! But then I can't capture the game for the stream. I have a workaround that lets me do both, PC to capture card to monitor and then use that output from the capture card but that makes it so I have to have both computers on any time I want to use my computer. Kind of a pain, but not the worst thing!

• I have some problem, when i enabled vsync fps is locked at 30 in some places and other places its 60 on any settings.
    GTX 1050Ti

• Interesting. I have a GTX 1070 and the game runs like butter everywhere, so it's either something unique to the 1060 or a driver related issue. Do you have any other frame capping software running like RTSS or the fps limiter set globally in the Nvidia driver? Also you could do a full clean install of your display drivers using DDU (www.wagnardsoft.com/) and perform a clean driver installation from windows safe mode.

• It's been an issue with the Vsync since 1.0.4... The 1.0.8 update solved mine for the most part but it still stutters in some areas (mainly places with a lot of lamps/fires).

I have a GTX1060 6GB but others have reported the same issue on other GPUs (although they all seem to be Nvidia cards). Before 1.0.4 the game ran perfectly for me. 1.0.4 to 1.0.7, Vsync caused FPS drops to 20-40FPS. Using no Vsync caused tearing and severe judder even at lower graphics settings.

Like I said, much better since 1.0.8 but nowhere near as stable as pre-1.0.4

• @beggiru said in Vsync Problem [PC]:

I have some problem, when i enabled vsync fps is locked at 30 in some places and other places its 60 on any settings.
    GTX 1050Ti

That's quite literally how V-Sync works.
    Either your Hardware achieved 60+ FPS (thus Locked to 60) or it's below 60 (in which case it will "Lock" to 30 / 15 (it doesn't go lower than 15).

I'd actually recommend Lowering Settings or Disabling V-Sync., I believe NVIDIA has a setting similar to AMD's Enhanced Sync (Fast Sync?) … which provide a V-Sync Experience without actually enabling it, thus provides a bit more of a Flexible Framerate Cap.

As a note they actually removed the "Half V-Sync" Option, not this update but like the second to last update... something like that. Which provided 60 / 45 / 30 / 15., and was a better option to use., I'm sure one day they'll explain why they removed it.

Now in regards to the performance., this has likely been caused by an update within Hungering Deep (they did a noticeable pass on the Graphics Engine) … and as such the NVIDIA "Game Ready" Driver Optimisations are potentially causing issues with performance when it comes to the Islands (and in-particular the most likely Candidates will be either Foliage or Terrain Tessellation).

As the complete reverse has occurred on my AMD RX Graphics (in-fact the new Ryzen 5 2400G, I bought last week to upgrade my Brother' A10 7850K System is handling Sea of Thieves like a Champ at 1080p Common., where-as before it was struggling with Cursed)

I'm sure NVIDIA will release an updated Driver that resolves the issues.
    In the meantime as I noted just disable V-Sync and as someone recommended either use the Frame Lock at 60 (or alternatively Fast Sync via the GeForce Experience Settings).

You could always turn on the Performance Counters, try changing the Quality Level of each Option until you discover which one is tanking the Framerate. You might find out what the cause is... but given the Hungering Deep Update resolved some long-standing Performance Issues on the Xbox One X., I'd wager heavily what they've done is swapped over to an AMD Optimised Geometry Pipeline. (which would also make sense given AMD not that long back released an updated Compressionator Tool, which added Geometry to the formats it supports Compression on., which substantially reduced Memory Footprints and V-Cache to support Asynchronous Pipelines. It could be related to the Higher Quality Textures and Further LOD while seeing a noticeable Performance Uplift on both AMD RX Graphics and Xbox Consoles)

I mean if I was taking a stab in the dark at what's changed.

• @leyvin said in Vsync Problem [PC]:

@beggiru said in Vsync Problem [PC]:

I have some problem, when i enabled vsync fps is locked at 30 in some places and other places its 60 on any settings.
    GTX 1050Ti

That's quite literally how V-Sync works.
    Either your Hardware achieved 60+ FPS (thus Locked to 60) or it's below 60 (in which case it will "Lock" to 30 / 15 (it doesn't go lower than 15).

Actually, no. Proper Vsync locks to the refresh rate of your screen. If you have a 60Hz display, it will try to line up frames in time with your display and get a smooth 60FPS. If a frame doesn't render within a specified time, it drops the frame and tries to line up the next one instead of rendering only half a field (which creates tearing).

This Vsync issue is independent of performance as having it on and lowering the quality settings to even cursed has no effect on it.

Публикации
Просмотры
10 из 14