Inagural 20 day and 20 Pirates thread (Day 1 - Edward Teach aka. Blackbeard)

• Blackbeard

Born: 1680 in Bristol England
    Died: November 22, 1718 Ocracoke, province of North Carolina

Years active as a pirate: 2 years (1716-1718)

Area of operation: The Atlantic and the West Indies.

Ships name: Queen Anne's Revenge

Please click on his name above to learn a bit more about this infamous pirate.

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • @bloodfrenzy187 My favorite fact about Blackbeard has always been the following:

"Teach was a shrewd and calculating leader who spurned the use of force, relying instead on his fearsome image to elicit the response that he desired from those whom he robbed. Contrary to the modern-day picture of the traditional tyrannical pirate, he commanded his vessels with the consent of their crews and there is no known account of his ever having harmed or murdered those whom he held captive. "

Really a fantastic pirate and a relatively decent human being when compared to how terrible some of the other well-known pirates are. He should be remembered so much more for his restraint, intelligence, and respect for his crew than the murdering mad-man history has painted him as.

• @bodhislam His psychological combat against foes was crazy for the times. He put smoking match cord in his hair to make sailors on other ships think he was a daemon from hell.

• definitely do one on Francois L'olonnais. a nasty f**k

• @mistavanvleck We'll have some fun as we get going lol. So many great pirates.

• @bloodfrenzy187 Yea, he knew that fear and intimidation could be just as powerful as violence.

• Awesome idea! I’ll be following this daily. 👍🏼

• @wearelegion Thanks. I just thought it would be fun for the community to take a look a real pirate history as we get closer to launch.

• Great idea for a thread. I'll watch for updates!

• @apocacide That's awesome. It's pretty cool to imagine that the legend himself handled objects you get to view in a museum.

• @bodhislam said in Inagural 20 day and 20 Pirates thread (Day 1 - Edward Teach aka. Blackbeard):

@bloodfrenzy187 My favorite fact about Blackbeard has always been the following:

"Teach was a shrewd and calculating leader who spurned the use of force, relying instead on his fearsome image to elicit the response that he desired from those whom he robbed. Contrary to the modern-day picture of the traditional tyrannical pirate, he commanded his vessels with the consent of their crews and there is no known account of his ever having harmed or murdered those whom he held captive. "

Really a fantastic pirate and a relatively decent human being when compared to how terrible some of the other well-known pirates are. He should be remembered so much more for his restraint, intelligence, and respect for his crew than the murdering mad-man history has painted him as.

Sounds like it was a self portrait.

• @bloodfrenzy187 absolutely! Will helps the days go by a little too. 😉

• @bloodfrenzy187 cant wait for Drake day :) good thread idea

• @lumpaywk You don't know how hard I looked for a pic of Drake dressed like a pirate lol.

• @bloodfrenzy187 lol the issue is pirates didnt always dress as we imagine he was for the most part a Tudor gentlemen and friend of the Queen. same as Walter Raleigh.

• @bloodfrenzy187 alt text

Dread Pirate Drake

• @triheadedmonkey I love it.

• @bodhislam Evening squire :) Tis SnowBodhi

• rawr alt text

Публикации
Просмотры
1 из 19