House to buy in game?!

• Is my first forum dont be rude😂
    I think is a great idea, some like gda online..

1. Players can choose a bigger house in base of gold they have, on different islands (so cant have all the same house)
    2. In the house can stock resources for the ship or loot and is SAVED if u leave the session, like a magazine with limits..
    3. When u are in the house other players cant kill u for passive mode.
    4. A market to buy houses and upgrades with commendations to unlock (NPC in the taverns?)

You like the idea?

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • I'm sorry i understand where you are coming from, but my ship is my home and mechanics that arent session based would favor powergaming.
    People who play 24/7 then have a big advantage with stored supplies and the whole thing gets imbalanced.

• @bugaboo-bill without magazine so is a better idea, why not? How have a house can ruin the game?
    Pirates have coves, not houses*

• This might be a good idea for a completely different game, but it doesn't fit Sea of Thieves. Like @Bugaboo-Bill said: this game isn't about powergaming. It's about being a session based sandbox.

• @xxzataxx sagte in House to buy in game?!:

@bugaboo-bill without magazine so is a better idea, why not? How have a house can ruin the game?
    Pirates have coves, not houses*

I once suggested to get some planks and cannonballs and build something like we alredy have now a fishermans hut and fish and cook.

Do you know all the hidden underwater caves?
    Have you been in the Laboratory of Grace where she made cursed cannonballs?
    I sometimes are there and roleplay as it were mine.
    Same for Thieves Haven or Smugglers Bay or any other island.
    I just stay there for a long time an "claim the island" for mysel, fishing and cooking....

There is one Cave nit many players know where it is and how to find it.
    Deep underwater ;-)

• @ambiguousmonk said in House to buy in game?!:

[...] It's about being a session based sandbox.

Session Based Sandbox
    Those are the key words that represent the game. Except for your personal cosmetics, everything resets to default each time you join a game. Having a cove/house/stash would defeat the concept.

Someone that just bought the game and someone who has been playing since day 1 are both equals in terms of gear, resources and power.

• @squaz05 @Bugaboo-Bill @AmbiguousMonk So re creating the question, not buy a house but build a temporary one with planks where you can place resources and loot without server change and delete it? Like your ship, open to all players
    Pirates usually hide treasr on islands but in this game u cant do it without lost all..

• @xxzataxx said in House to buy in game?!:

@squaz05 @Bugaboo-Bill @AmbiguousMonk So re creating the question, not buy a house but build a temporary one with planks where you can place resources and loot without server change and delete it? Like your ship, open to all players
    Pirates usually hide treasr on islands but in this game u cant do it without lost all..

I still don't see the point if it resets after each session.
    Those planks would serve better repairing my ship,
    treasure would be better serve sold

and treasure lasts 2 hours on land so you can stash it hidden in an island if you really need

• I was thinking along those lines the other day... what if say, each server could have alliances as is now, and could have 3 alliances “claim” outposts as their home outpost, making all alliance loot give 100% value if they turn it in physically at that claimed outpost, with other turn ins at other places only going to that crew with no alliance benefit.

In addition each alliance could claim one seapost, and set up a tent with planks on one island, that claims that island, and gives that alliance nuetrality with that islands skeletons, designating one player as a vip of sorts because when whoever activates the island claim is killed the skeletons go back to attacking everyone, but beyond that the tent would have to be manually destroyed by other players to remove the claim fully.

The island tents could be used to “compile” bad chests into better ones, increasing value, like 5 castaways will turn into an ashen captains after 5 minutes in the tent, with some randomization, with the process justified by being an OOS tent or something.

In the event that they actually allow some form of economy that involved player trading and fluctuating npc values etc, the island tents could gain all sorts of new purposes from being trading posts to ways to play into the economy by interacting with each islands specific resource pools.

• @bugaboo-bill

"There is one Cave nit many players know where it is and how to find it.
    Deep underwater ;-)"

Subtle hint. xD

• Like many have said, their ship is their home.

Now, having cosmetic touches for your ship, such as having a trophy fish mounted, or maybe one of those little music boxes you see at certain shops/taverns, or pictures like you see in the Arena lobby..I could get behind that.

Even without such cosmetics, a simple mechanic that allows you to save your ship/outfit into specific presets seems like it would be easy to do, and I'm baffled as to why it hasn't been implemented...

• @doctorfork said in House to buy in game?!:

Like many have said, their ship is their home.

And why couldnt an island be a session based “home”?? Just “because a ship is their home” ?

Now, having cosmetic touches for your ship, such as having a trophy fish mounted, or maybe one of those little music boxes you see at certain shops/taverns, or pictures like you see in the Arena lobby..I could get behind that.

Yeah i could get behind those also, and was already when simple easy additions like that were mentioned a bunch of times. These simple additions can be among the best ideas because they are easily implemented like your trapped chests idea. But i think for more depth of gameplay things like session based rule changes and claims to land etc just require more by their nature.

I think a “mounted trophy fish” type of loot would be good for a fort vault addition for hunters call.. im not trying to be rude but those ideas are easy to get behind because they are simple to add, and “housing” in any form is hard.

Even without such cosmetics, a simple mechanic that allows you to save your ship/outfit into specific presets seems like it would be easy to do, and I'm baffled as to why it hasn't been implemented...

For ships its new each time because its a crew decision not just yours, and the outfits do for me but i have heard of that bug.

All in all im not saying what i suggested is easy but can you see how the additions you suggest dont add much (unlike your trapped chest ideas, which are the best of both worlds at being simple and effective at adding a lot of sandbox potential) to the actual sandbox/gameplay and the interplay between alliances that would occur if you think about my previous post, is actually worth the effort to figure out. The game would be so much better with a lot more things to do that play into piracy and give each island and npc meaning. This type of idea could be a piece of that puzzle.

• They could do house or cove as a pre lobby for adventure mode.

When in arena u get in a lobby and can check all stats commendations and change cosmetics weapons and so on. I like this lobby aswell since u meet other pirates.

They could make this house/cove idea and turn it in a pre lobby where u crew up and can walk around to check all your stuff. And than add to the cove depending on your achievements so u can show other pirates. All is cosmetic so it dont add bonusses just a cool place to hang out and show your feats

• i like the idea of the supply base,its a bette ridea than buying supplies,and i dont think the avantage about other player isnt that huge,you can have so many planks and cannonballs as u want if another crew better than you they will sunk you anyway

Публикации
Просмотры
10 из 14