Well, I'm a bad person

• OK, so yesterday I hopped on SoT and was waiting for a friend, when I decided to dive to a bounty for a skeleton Lord cuz I want the Admiral Knife for my collection, and there was a FOF on the server. After I finished the bounty and got that knife and the Sea Dog knife cuz apparently I've killed enough skeleton with the knife for it, I raised up Athena, and was on my way to the FOF when there was a ship nearby, so I went up, seeing that it was a plain ship so it's probably a new player, and asked if they wanted to alliance and do it together, and she was like sure, though I kinda messed up the alliance cuz as soon as she hit make alliance I hit disband alliance LOL.

Anyways, we did the FOF, and for context it was at Keel Haul and my alliance mate, who we'll call S, was parked in the lake thing, which kinda worked out cuz she could shoot at the boss with her cannons, which is smart thinking. HOWEVER, her parking there would be her downfall cuz we went to blow up the kegs, and they hit her ship, knocking it back. I immediately sword dashed to her ship to try to save it, but it sunk cuz it kept going backwards just out of my reach. I felt so bad. Then S said "hey it's taking me somewhere" and vanished.

I immediately harpooned the loot onto my boat, separated the CoL from the rest cuz I was gonna get it back to S cuz she said it was her first FOF and she earned it for trying her best.

I searched for like an hour, couldn't find her, so I decided to head to the nearest outpost, where a brig was at, and sold that CoL cuz S probably left the server. Now I sold it there with that ship there cuz the ship was plain, and after some looking the crew looked new, so they wouldn't have known the value of a CoL, though they did attack me, but I swiftly dispatched of them, sold it, and then attacked them in their boat, killing the both of them cuz they attacked me, but then I was like "I like these guys, I'll let them go." So when they came back I was like "I like ya, so I'll leave ya alone." And did the make friends emote, and then said "toodles" and jumped off the back and left. And in my head I was like "toodles?! Of all things, toodles?!"

God this new season has been weird yet fun. Also I do feel bad for blowing up her ship.

• Idea, I dunno if you remember S's gamer tag but if you don't check your recent players to see if they are there and send them a kind and encouraging message. Just something they can take with them but not anything that makes them feel like they need to respond out of politeness.

You don't know how they took the situation. They might have forgotten about it quickly and moved on or it might have been a discouraging experience. A short and considerate message may encourage them either way.

People make countless decisions a day, some of them aren't gonna have preferred outcomes and some aren't gonna be the best decisions. Anyone can be made to look one way or the other but it's far more complex than that. Putting in effort to stay true with the conscience and to try to do decent by others is all anyone can do.

• @wolfmanbush

That's a good idea! And I just called her S cuz I don't use actual gamer tags for privacy. She was chill about it before she was abducted by the server gods, but I still feel bad cuz they were new

• @devtryak

"before she was abducted by the server gods"

😆😆

• @thegrimpreacher

Hey, best way I could describe it.

• If it were me, I would be upset too. Lol
    @WolfManbush gave some great advice there tho. 💯👏👏

5 จาก 6