Sea of thieves

• I’m a ps5 player and I have been playing for a week , and I am quitting here’s why : I can’t get anything done I constantly get attacked by other players can’t get and of my voyages done ik what ppl say “oh ur gonna get attacked ur gonna get sunk” yeah ik that but it happens every time,what’s the point of playing a game that you can’t actually PLAY? what’s the point of $40 . Ppl literally get on this game and don’t even do voyages or anything they literally get on JUST TO grief other players and ruin their experience, and ik what some ppl will say “just play safer seas” yea no thank you I shouldn’t have to play in a game mode to not get grieved by other players with the sacrifice of 70% of the loot value as well as loose certain features of the game. To the developers of the game I have 3 solutions all of which doing either of them will bring new players to the game as well as bring players that have left for the same reason I am back to the game /1: make it to where if you want to attack someone you have to send a request to attack and that person has to accept a duel or ship battle b4 you can attack. #2: make it to where every feature is available in safer seas as well as full value on loot rather than 30% bc I feel like I’m being punished by wanting to play a casual experience and loosing on rewards/features just bc I don’t want to play against other ppl #3: make the servers to where if you are playing solo you will be in a server where everyone that is playing is playing solo , if ur playing duo make it to where everyone in the server is a duo , Ect .Another idea is to ads skill based matchmaking, now how would you do this? I’ll tell you, make the matchmaking calculate your average accuracy with naval combat (so how experienced you are with the cannons) , as well as your voyages level the higher you are the more ppl that will be at the same level or within a certain range of ur level. I really hope one of these solutions gets implemented bc I REALLY love this game but there’s no point in playing it if I can’t ever get anything done bc of other players,so as of now I will not be playing and unfortunately since I’m on ps5 and with Sonys policy if you download or play a game that you want to refund you are not eligible for a refund.

• @cheeto696969
    Its literally a risk vs reward situation bro. You risk it in high seas to get a higher reward. OR you play safe mode and risk nothing ever and you're safe in your little bubble. Its literally your choice.

Unfortunately the skill based match making, wouldn't work how you've described because people would spend hours just missing their cannons on purpose to lower their MMR. Then go sinking everyone who is less skilled than them. Flawed suggestion.

You should either play in a duo and find a partner via the SOT discord or open crew. Or I suggest to actively engage in PVP or play hourglass game mode until you're at a point where you're competent enough to fight back against larger crews. Or at least escape.

Just remember, everyone who plays this game has gone through this experience and learning/development curve. Its not exclusive to you. You're not being targeted or being treated any differently to anyone else on the seas.

Happy sailing :)

• I’m a ps5 player and I have been playing for a week , and I am quitting here’s why

Sigh.

I can’t get anything done I constantly get attacked by other players can’t get and of my voyages done ik what ppl say “oh ur gonna get attacked ur gonna get sunk”

"Constantly attacked" In a pirate game. So the moment you login, your attacked? That would be constant.
    Can't get anything done: That is a lie. You login, you set sail, you can fish from the docks, you can do a voyage that is island away, you can Dive. Heck with Plunder Pass, Daily deeds and such, you earn 3000 gold or more.

what’s the point of playing a game that you can’t actually PLAY?

What do you mean Can't play? You are playing, attacking ships, sailing a ship, Fishing, swimming. How are others playing the game and not you??

Ppl literally get on this game and don’t even do voyages or anything they literally get on JUST TO grief other players and ruin their experience

Experience is everything you do. Without other players, you experience nothing...

Ppl literally get on this game and don’t even do voyages or anything they literally get on JUST TO grief other players and ruin their experience

And..you have the choice, deny it.

/1: make it to where if you want to attack someone you have to send a request to attack and that person has to accept a duel or ship battle b4 you can attack.

So, 99.99% of the player base will Refuse. Which will push a lot of players to quit.

2: make it to where every feature is available in safer seas as well as full value on loot rather than 30%

wanting a pve server.

#3: make the servers to where if you are playing solo you will be in a server where everyone that is playing is playing solo

If #1 isn't added, what different from a Solo player do the same things you are upset about? Griefing, Trolling and such?
    Ive had more solo players attack me than a full crew. :p

.Another idea is to ads skill based matchmaking, now how would you do this? I’ll tell you, make the matchmaking calculate your average accuracy with naval combat

Players have good days and Bad. The numbers will flux so bad, it be easy to cheese and cheat the system to place you in a group.

.Another idea is to ads skill based matchmaking, now how would you do this? I’ll tell you, make the matchmaking calculate your average accuracy with naval combat

That level isn't skill...

• @cheeto696969 said in Sea of thieves:

I’m a ps5 player and I have been playing for a week , and I am quitting here’s why : I can’t get anything done I constantly get attacked by other players can’t get and of my voyages done ik what ppl say “oh ur gonna get attacked ur gonna get sunk” yeah ik that but it happens every time,what’s the point of playing a game that you can’t actually PLAY? what’s the point of $40 . Ppl literally get on this game and don’t even do voyages or anything they literally get on JUST TO grief other players and ruin their experience, and ik what some ppl will say “just play safer seas” yea no thank you I shouldn’t have to play in a game mode to not get grieved by other players with the sacrifice of 70% of the loot value as well as loose certain features of the game. To the developers of the game I have 3 solutions all of which doing either of them will bring new players to the game as well as bring players that have left for the same reason I am back to the game /1: make it to where if you want to attack someone you have to send a request to attack and that person has to accept a duel or ship battle b4 you can attack. #2: make it to where every feature is available in safer seas as well as full value on loot rather than 30% bc I feel like I’m being punished by wanting to play a casual experience and loosing on rewards/features just bc I don’t want to play against other ppl #3: make the servers to where if you are playing solo you will be in a server where everyone that is playing is playing solo , if ur playing duo make it to where everyone in the server is a duo , Ect .Another idea is to ads skill based matchmaking, now how would you do this? I’ll tell you, make the matchmaking calculate your average accuracy with naval combat (so how experienced you are with the cannons) , as well as your voyages level the higher you are the more ppl that will be at the same level or within a certain range of ur level. I really hope one of these solutions gets implemented bc I REALLY love this game but there’s no point in playing it if I can’t ever get anything done bc of other players,so as of now I will not be playing and unfortunately since I’m on ps5 and with Sonys policy if you download or play a game that you want to refund you are not eligible for a refund.

Absolutely wretched ideas. Play something else.

• SoT is not a game for everyone. But it is a very special game, that most of us here love, and in time it may also become your most beloved game.

Some general things to remember:

1. Gold means nothing. Everyone can get it.
    • Sure gold buys you cosmetics, and that is important in a way. But its not needed to enjoy the game. It is just something you get on your journey.

• If you want, gold can be your goal in SoT, but its just a goal you make for yourself. Some want to find it, some want to steal it. Both ways are equally acceptable.

1. Getting your ship sunk, means nothing.
    • If you get sunk you get a brand new one.

• Everyone gets sunk, even the "good" players.

Also some old general "unwritten" rules in SoT:

• No loot is yours, until you cash it in. This means loot on your ship is for everyone to steal.
    • Half of the value of any loot is in the risk of loosing it. It feels more exciting when you finally manage to survive and turn your loot in. This part of excitement is missing in the Safer Seas, and is one of the reasons the High Seas is so much more fun.
    • Raising ANY form of Emissary flag is a PvP beacon. The emissary system will boost your earnings/progress massively. The balance to the free bonus on your loot is that you are now signalling to everyone that your ship is now a potential floating loot pinata. It is all part of the game balance.

New players need to accept that SoT is a PvEvP game. It was always marketed as one, and that is one of the core things in the game. It can be frustrating at times, but it can also be so incredibly good most of the times.
    The fact that so many are so frustrated about loosing some loot and/or their ship, is proof that the unwritten rules above are true. You actually feel it when you loose your loot (again half of the value of the loot is in the risk of loosing it). You also feel the loss when you are sunk. Not many games can wake such feelings in players, and SoT is one of those that really can.

Also remember that there are also a lot of friendly pirates out there. Many of us older seadogs, do not care about gold and loot anymore, we just enjoy a good journey. We may loose all our loot, but we perhaps had a really good couple of battles before that. We have also sometimes donated our loot and equipment to new pirates that have been really nice on the seas.

So find some new friends on discord (or similar) and get out there on new adventures. At some point you realize no one is hunting you anymore, and things are much easier. That is what experience is in this game. Without any leveling bonuses or new weapons, you learn how to be aware (or sneaky) and how and when to attack or flee.

Last thing, there is some cheating in SoT, just as in most other games. But its really not as bad as some claim, so be careful when accusing others for cheating as there are lot of really good PvP pirates out there, that can feel like cheaters. (You can check them up on "last played with" and if they have 500h of playtime you can probably guess that they are just really good players and nothing more.)

Just some general things i thought id add, as its been a while since i last wrote about this matter.

• Its a pvpve sandbox game where none of your loot or gold or cosmetics has any effect on gameplay. If you care too much about losing a chest or being pvp'ed this isn't the right game for you. It sounds insulting telling someone to go to safer seas but it really does sound right up your alley, and who cares if you get less gold in ss. It sounds like you're not getting any gold in sea of thieves as is.

1 จาก 6