More Female Pirate costumes, please!

• Ahoy there, pirate mates! As the titles says, I think that there is a lack of Female Pirate costumes, specially in the Emporium.
    I'm currently playing Sea of Thieves with some friends and 4 of them are girls, wich are a bit "disappointed" (this is not the correct word, but I can't figure it out ahaha) seeing that there is nothing for a strict female Character. There is a lot of stuff that could be made, for example keeping on the Pirate's of the Caribbean line and add a Tia Dalma/Calypso or a Pirate King Elizabeth Swann's costume (this one with some oriental inspired weapon set)... But an idea, without creathing something new would be introducing the Captain Redd's costume. For those who don't know her, she is a female pirate that we can see in the third "A pirate's life" tall tale, "Captains of the Damned". The model of this character is pretty well done and I'm sure that a lot of people (female players, but also male ones wich play with a female pg) would like to buy!

I'll leave here the link for the model of this character, wich in my opinion (similar to how was done with captain Barbossa) would be perfect for a new costume! https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g2eXDG

The costumes are all great, specially the Pirates of the Caribbean ones (I've had to buy Davy Jones and Barbossa, they both are gorgeous and being my favourite characters I just wanted the both), but something dedicated to our Female Pirates is needed, in my opinion!

☠️ Sincerly, Captain von Adler.

Gönderi
    Görüntüleme
    communityjust for funfeedbackgeneral
  • @von-adler8879 Sure! I don't mind Rare making more feminine costumes, especially of famous PotC characters. Probably wouldn't buy or use them, however I know people that would.

• I call it thinking outside of the beard

anything that serves not only female players but people that wish to style in a way outside of the rugged beard way of life is a positive thing for the game imo.

All types play the game with all types of personal style preferences and the more we serve the better imo.

• nothing for a strict female Character

Pirates didn’t care how they dressed. Some male pirates wore women clothes because they were easy to move in. Some female pirates wore males to blend or hide on a crew.

Nothing is strictly a gender. Or ever should be.

• @wolfmanbush Indeed! Everyone must be free to wear what they prefer (in real life and in a game, since the character we play is also our avatar). Being it a male that choses to wear female clothing, or a female that prefers male clothes.
    I made this suggestion because I was talking about it with my female friends, but adding them would be nice for anyone that wishes to wear them, being them males or females (or non binary people, obviously!)

• @burnbacon yeah, I know. I love pirate history and is a fact that females were not allowed on ships and they had to board dressed as males (mentioning for example the early life of Anne Bonnie and Mary Read), but since Sea of Thieves is a game with also some pirate ladies (for example Briggsy, Larinna, Wild Rose or even Belle), I think that adding some female costumes or clothing would be a nice idea.
    In my opinion, is better to have something and chosing not to wear it, giving the chance to get it for someone who is interested in int, instead of wishing to wear something but not having the chance to get it (I hope that this phrase makes sense like it makes it in italian ahaha)

And I absolutely agree on your thinking! Everyone must be free to wear what they want, being them males, females or non binary people

• @von-adler8879 Save for the strangely socio-political undertones, I fully agree with you :)

More options are always welcome :D

• @herrdave3849 said in More Female Pirate costumes, please!:

@von-adler8879 Save for the strangely socio-political undertones, I fully agree with you :)

More options are always welcome :D

it's just everyone talking different and there being no universally ideal way to navigate certain topics

having sailed with a lot of female gamers in open crew I've heard a lot of about the desire for specific styles as well

the cool thing is we can serve everyone over time and as seasons and events have gone on the dev's have brought in a lot of pretty cosmetics that are branching out into different styles

Gönderi
Görüntüleme
communityjust for funfeedbackgeneral
2 / 9