Rare encouraging PVP when they know cheating/exploiting is such a problem

• @goofycs-811 said in Rare encouraging PVP when they know cheating/exploiting is such a problem:

@guildar9194

All anti-cheat gets bypassed and yet I have never played a game so filled with cheater and hackers despite the "industry leading anti-cheat".

Strange that, isn't it?

First you've heard of hackers making them invincible and harassing players, detailing how they would brutally grape them?

Do you even play this game or pay attention to the community or do you just live under a rock?

It took Rare a whole 2 weeks to even acknowledge this issue, despite people tagging developers, including Chapman himself.

Keep making excuses for sloppy, lazy developers who have provided you with not much more than bugs and instability for 6 years.

All anti-cheat gets bypassed and yet I have never played a game so filled with cheater and hackers despite the "industry leading anti-cheat".

I have; Literally every game, ever.
    I would bet dollars to donuts that more than 70% of the cheating accusations are people salty they lost a battle.

Strange that, isn't it?

Not really. It's being blown out of proportion.

Do you even play this game or pay attention to the community

Yes, I do.

It took Rare a whole 2 weeks to even acknowledge this issue, despite people tagging developers, including Chapman himself.

What do you want Rare to do?
    Tell us they have a fix, so cheat makers can get ready to update their cheats again?
    Tell us exactly what they are going to do, so cheat makers can start planning to get around it?

• I'd say Rare has mainly been focusing on non PVP stuff for the past several years. They need to keep focusing on PVP, it's what makes the game entertaining. You're going to have cheaters in every online game, stop acting like ANY company can just put a stop to it. If you wait for games to fix cheating, then you'd never play a game again.

• Yes, some players are obviously cheating, but so many people just jump to that excuse whenever they lose. I can't count how many times I've been accused of cheating and I'm on console. I've watched streamers get accused of cheating of teleporting and all they are doing is grabbing the ladder from the sloop window or boarding from grabbing the row boat during a high wave. People have accused me of dropping kegs from the sky, but I literally just snuck up on them with a rowboat and kegs and they just weren't paying attention. Again, cheating is sometimes obvious, but I guarantee that there are more false accusations that correct ones.

• @screenamesuck said in Rare encouraging PVP when they know cheating/exploiting is such a problem:

Yes, some players are obviously cheating, but so many people just jump to that excuse whenever they lose. I can't count how many times I've been accused of cheating and I'm on console. I've watched streamers get accused of cheating of teleporting and all they are doing is grabbing the ladder from the sloop window or boarding from grabbing the row boat during a high wave. People have accused me of dropping kegs from the sky, but I literally just snuck up on them with a rowboat and kegs and they just weren't paying attention. Again, cheating is sometimes obvious, but I guarantee that there are more false accusations that correct ones.

This.
    Back when I streamed, and DBD was new-ish; I was playing Huntress. I told my (whopping 8) viewers "When the match loads, I will throw a hatchet across the map, in whatever direction the game spawns me in".
    So I did not look around; I did not aim; I did not prepare. I just looked up enough to yeet a hatchet in the precise direction I loaded in.
    I got a lucky 1 in 1 billion hit. Cue that player (who was also streaming) DCing, looking me up and siccing his viewers on me. They all reported me to Twitch. Or said they were doing so. And flooded my chat with hacking accusations.
    Ignoring that the lucky shot was clipped, and they could spend 5 seconds seeing that I planned the throw before the match started and could not have been in any way hacking unless I was magically seeing the future.

I also used to get hackusations in TF2 when I'd get a lucky headshot. Usually by the accuser ignoring that I got 5 bodyshots on them first, or missed allot before getting those lucky (And I mean lucky; I suck with snipers in FPS's) shots.

Or playing as Pyro and puffing known Spy hiding spots.
    Was it that they were using hiding spots 99.99999999% of all Spies use? Nope! I must have known they were there! Just ignore that I puffed 6 spots on the way to them; That was just to cover for my 'obvious' cheating!

People are very quick to downplay their mistakes and underestimate their opponents skill, which leads to Accusation Math:
    'I did not mess up' + 'They are not that good' = 'They must be cheating!'

Gönderi
Görüntüleme
40 / 41