Seasickness

• I downloaded this game today after anticipating (mildly) it's release for over sixth months only to find I am induced with an excellent amount of motion sickness from just running around, let alone using the spyglass on a moving vessel.

Is there any way to accommodate the bobbing of the camera and lack of vision due to confined FoV?
    When I first logged on I thought I may transition over to this game for my free time as it looked like a great, relaxing adventure but I quickly changed my mind when I turned nauseous.

Does anyone else get seasick?
    I really wouldn't want to pop a Dramamine every time before I logged on this game, thus this "lack of" a feature (third person view) is almost definitely a deal breaker for me.

Gönderi
    Görüntüleme
  • @turkeyboytellem

I think you may be alone in this one. Is this a joke post?

• @turkeyboytellem you should totally get drunk in the middle of a storm! :D

• @turkeyboytellem You, out of everyone, are the most immersed into the game then! Congratulations!

• I know what you mean. I did get that seasick feeling after the first beta I played but, since release, it's been fine.

• @turkeyboytellem My girlfriend got some motion sickness too. We opened out the FOV to 85 in the settings. Not more troubles. Give it a shot

• I had the same reaction first, but my body got used to it. My brother also said he felt a bit dizzy, but got over it too.

• @turkeyboytellem

This might help.

• @seedy-platypus Many people do get motion sickness from gaming. My wife tends to get motion sickness after playing a new game for the first time, so no its not a joke or a troll post.

• Thank you for the responses.
    I did crank up the FoV to max at 90.
    I'll give it another try tomorrow and see how I do then, I was feeling a bit groggy today because of the weather so perhaps that was a factor.

Happy Sailing mateys!

• @frosenborg
    Very interesting indeed. I'll have to take a look at this.

• @zep-darkwater

Interesting, I thought it was just a VR thing. I guess you learn something new every day.

• You can increase FOV in options.

If that doesn't' work, try sitting further back from your monitor.

• @seedy-platypus yeah, personally I've never been affected by it, but some are just really sensitive to this sort of thing.

Gönderi
Görüntüleme
9 / 14