Sunken Treasure/Diving

• It would be great if treasure dropped in the ocean or sunk with ships stayed on the sea floor when it sinks in seas shallow enough to swim down instead of despawning(at least for an hour or so). I also think some treasure for treasure quests should be underwater in reefs, wrecks and caves. And maybe some merchant quests for special fish or something?

It would encourage treasure diving which could be fun. Especially as more sea life is added. Threats like squid, sharks, eels and baracuda. And beautiful things like dolphins and schools of fish could surround lovely underwater environments.

It would also encourage more underwater landscapes in general, maybe even air pocket caves and wrecks with entrances under the sea.

帖子
    查看
  • @miles-traveler
    An intriguing concept, though I feel it would need a little bit more work on the treasure side of things to prevent it from being a chore of just diving into the water at all shallows you come across.

• @aelis-du-nochd said in Sunken Treasure/Diving:

@miles-traveler
    An intriguing concept, though I feel it would need a little bit more work on the treasure side of things to prevent it from being a chore of just diving into the water at all shallows you come across.

Agreed. Because of this issue I actually already figured the treasure quests like with current ones would only spawn the chests because of the players who have the quest. And sunken treasure dropped in the ocean or from ships that sunk would still despawn but would give you about an hour or so of it being at the bottom of the sea. This gives players a better chance of recovering their treasure... or somebody else's.

As for random treasure spawns at the bottom of the seas, I don't think most players would consider them worth going down for unless diving and mid-deep ocean receives more support, so I think at most you would only occasionally get some shallows checking.

While the game is about sailing, I would like to sea Island adventures and undersea adventures get more support in the future in general.

Toodaloo

• Completely agree.

I’ve said many times - to have a world that is 95% water, with nothing but shipwrecks to interact with, is b*****s.

• The dev's have been teasing the idea of Weekly Events that utilize a lot of the underwater caverns, and uncharted islands.

帖子
查看
页数 1/5