Puncture Sails with Cannon Balls

• In other pirate games i have played you could fire cannon balls and puncture the sails of a fleeing ship.
    This would affect their speed and allow you to slowly catch up.
    Alternatively you could puncture the sails on the persuing ship and use your speed advantage to slink away and gain distance.

What would be your thoughts on having something similar?

You could pepper the sails with cannon b alls creating several holes which at first dont affect speed too much but the more damage the more of an impact it has.

You can repair your sails but to do so you must grab some sailcloth and repair them!

There would be a pretty good balance for solo and crews i imagine.
    As a sloop only has 1 sail, you could easily throw your repairs on to the sails there.

Bigger ships will be much slower to repair these due to their extra sails, however they will likely have crews on them mitigating this.

I can imagine some seeing this as a nuisance and i totally get that. Heck, i think even i too would find it annoying at times but i must admit it would add a new dynamic to it all. Especially sailing through a storm lol!

Im 50% on this myself so understandably i dont expect this to be popular.

Whats your thoughts?

貼文
    觀看數
  • I think while this would be cool, technical wise would be somewhat harder, and I don0t think we need to make naval combat even harder, mostly for sloops.

• Chainshot

• @DaringClarky I like this idea a lot.

I think what would need to be solved for is a) how do you repair them (there's not always a great way to access the sails)? b) you'd have to create another inventory ring for cloth for sail repair, like you have for wood.

• @daringclarky Might want to just take their masts down with chainshots or anchor them.

• @DaringClarky
    What about sails that already have holes in them like the kraken sails?

While this idea would be cool, they would have to change a lot of sails to make it work.

貼文
觀看數
頁數 1/6