Remove powder kegs from water

• I have run into a hand full of powder kegs in pvp without losing even against a larger ship, and have had a fair few times that spotting them has come in pretty handy.

That said im not for or against them being removed since they are pretty easily dodged when you get used to looking out for birds and flotsams even in a fight, and moments where you can jump in the sea to grab one and weaponize it are so far and few between. I can definitely understand not wanting them, just not really found too much problem from them other than when im goofing around with a friend, but when that happens its always a laugh for me.

• @lleorb nope. They are fun. And what happens to you happens to others. Its all fare.

• Hard pass. They shake things up. In fact, I wish they would bring them back in Hourglass.

I do think that bird-kegs should have a more noticeable visual alert than what there is now. At night, or in certain regions, or with certain TV/monitor settings, the bird-alert often can't be seen until it's too late.

Maybe making the birds more abundant (like shipwrecks), more colorful, or glow at night or some sort of visual enhancement.

• @qu1etone

They are fun. And what happens to you happens to others. Its all fare.

I don't think it's fair, neither to lose nor to win because of this, I'm absolutely sure that it's not fun for my opponent, especially if he has several streaks.

@GoldsMen

they are pretty easily dodged when you get used to looking out for birds and flotsams even in a fight

In the scenario I said? hourglass, mainly solo? I simply doubt that you in a sloop, circling your opponent, shooting, would notice something in the water... on larger ships, the time to turn the ship would probably be too long for that.

• @lleorb said in Remove powder kegs from water:

@GoldsMen

they are pretty easily dodged when you get used to looking out for birds and flotsams even in a fight

In the scenario I said? hourglass, mainly solo? I simply doubt that you in a sloop, circling your opponent, shooting, would notice something in the water... on larger ships, the time to turn the ship would probably be too long for that.

Yes even in this scenario. I mainly solo sloop, and when you play solo you have to be more alert of who or what is in the water around you when you fight. When you keep an eye out for potential stealth boarders a lot more often, you notice stuff like that a lot easier. As well using your environment can help you in a fight considerably.

• The randomness of it is what makes it fun, imo. There's been a few fights where we've run over gunpowder and it adds spice. Same thing when out opponent does it.

貼文
觀看數
頁數 37/41