Cosmetics/Weapons

• @ninja-naranja said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@illbushido305 I’d like to see a finished Magpie’s Wing ship set too. We have the figurehead in game but unavailable.

Definitely would be nice.

alt text

• @voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@illbushido305 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

During pirates life we got some parts of sunken sorrow weapons and ship along with some revenge of the silver blade ship parts and a cutlass. The sunken sorrow weapon and ship set were completed not long ago so this leaves me wondering if they’ll finish this set of weapons and ship parts.

I would love to see more additions to the "Revenge of the Silver Blade" set! Maybe we will get lucky as we are getting potential Flameheart Jr. content very soon according to the teases we got not so long ago. This would coincide perfectly!

alt text

alt text

I would like to see the Figurehead for the "Revenge of the Silver Blade" set be true to the figurehead described in the book "Tales from the Sea of Thieves". In the book it describes the Silver Blade figurehead as such "spellbinding portrayal of a girl setting free a dove, gripped by [what is presumed] to be the cold hands of death". Though this current concept belong to the Aristocrat Set and its variations; the original concept for this figurehead has yet been used....I think a coral/watery grave looking version of the following would be put it over the top!

alt text

As you can see it actually looks like the gripping hands are from the Ferry of the Damned or the Tavern of the Damned. It's pretty sweet once you know the meaning behind it....I won't lie....

Agreed, it would be awesome! Me and my crew have been discussing our wishes for the complete Revenge of the Silver Blade set for a while now, actually.

• @voshell The problem with this is we already have a silver blade figurehead and it wouldn’t make sense for the coral figurehead of the same ship to be different. Unless the crew that found thee ship abandoned salvaged a new figurehead? Doubt it.

• @illbushido305 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell The problem with this is we already have a silver blade figurehead and it wouldn’t make sense for the coral figurehead of the same ship to be different. Unless the crew that found thee ship abandoned salvaged a new figurehead? Doubt it.

The one described above is the original according to the book. So, does that mean the current Silver Blade figurehead is the different one? What if the Silver Blade set from Insiders is the replica with the new figurehead and the Coral variant is the original ship that sank? The "Revenge" of the Silver Blade means the original coming back and committing an action in response to the wrong it suffered at the hands of rival pirates ; )

But no, I would be cool with a Coral variant of the white eagle figurehead. I believe the ship in "The Sunken Pearl" has that exact one anyways.

• I know it's not exactly a cosmetic, but here's a scrapped chest that looks like it was going to be used for Arena, before it was canceled.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KrOBKG

• @mferr11 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

I know it's not exactly a cosmetic, but here's a scrapped chest that looks like it was going to be used for Arena, before it was canceled.

Nice! I have seen that chest before but I never noticed the arena symbol on it. Maybe someday they can implement a Sea Dog emissary. I have a few ideas on how it could work; the only thing I haven't worked out is the win related commendations....everything else would fit nicely though! But, to be honest; those commendations could stay unavailable to keep it special to those who earned it grinding out the actual arena. Lesedi & DeMarco are too important of characters to just cut them out of the game lol. They should also open up the Sea Dog Tavern in adventure mode!

• @mferr11 man, that artist is insanely talented! Shame they’re not still with the company, but at least we all get to appreciate their work!

• @ninja-naranja Aye, I love checking out ArtStation and seeing a lot of the Sea of Thieves stuff. Super cool to look at.

And if anyone is interested in seeing the more technical side of making cosmetics, I'd recommend they check out this link:
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Ka6R8G

And if you're interested in seeing some pre production Sea of Thieves, including a sneak peak at a super early Galleon model, this one:
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NxBrbq

• Also, again not a cosmetic, but rather an unused island. I think this is Rare's testing island.

• @mferr11 that’s a cool island too :/

• We still have the incomplete Courage set to release. I know one of the skeletons on the rowboat in Captains of the Damned wears the jacket

• @voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@ninja-naranja said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@illbushido305 I’d like to see a finished Magpie’s Wing ship set too. We have the figurehead in game but unavailable.

alt text

Over on Art Station, exists this here that shows the figurehead above water and with a peek at the hull livery.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nQNQ0e

• @illbushido305 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@ninja-naranja said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

alt text

Over on Art Station, exists this here that shows the figurehead above water and with a peek at the hull livery.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nQNQ0e

alt text

• @baronbrr said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

We still have the incomplete Courage set to release. I know one of the skeletons on the rowboat in Captains of the Damned wears the jacket

This jacket?

alt text

alt text

I have never seen a concept for the full outfit but it definitely looks similar; the gloves and the belt on the skeleton next to it look like they could related as well!

• @voshell If that jacket has a lion insignia on the back, thats the one!

• Greymarrow sword as per the revenge of the morning star tall tale artwork would be awesome.

• @talvheet said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Greymarrow sword as per the revenge of the morning star tall tale artwork would be awesome.

This sword would be amazing!

alt text

His eye patch and beard would also be sweet!

alt text

• Here is another varying glove combination (2nd NPC from the right) with what appears to include a rope wrapped around the upper arm. I really hope they start utilizing these possibilities as it would add wild potential to outfits.

alt text

• @voshell don't forget his beard too.

I know it's not exactly a cosmetic, but here's a scrapped chest that looks like it was going to be used for Arena, before it was canceled.

So pretty... 😍

• They said midnight prowl is on the radar... here it is, courtesy of @oOKissMyAsheOo :

• @voshell where is that gosh dang hat!
    (The one sitting and reading the book)

• @grumpyw01f said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

They said midnight prowl is on the radar... here it is, courtesy of @oOKissMyAsheOo :

This image is an excellent example of the old Arena ship colors when they were more vibrant in its early life. I really wonder what colors we’ll get. Likely the current ones.

• @illbushido305
    Hoping for vibrant! 🤞

• @illbushido305 didn’t realize there was a difference

• @voshell i just want to be able to name my ship...

• @voshell Green headband!

• How about that sword near the Castaway's Camp that is styled like a Trident of Dark Tides? I'd use that thing all day!

• @el-spaniardchi said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

How about that sword near the Castaway's Camp that is styled like a Trident of Dark Tides? I'd use that thing all day!

For sure. The one from the Season 3 main menu (on the right) and that is also stuck in the sand next to the "Lords of the Sea" Tall Tale crossed with the Ferryman Cutlass at the Castaway's Camp. I have always called it the The Cutlass of Dark Tides! I honestly can't believe it hasn't been added yet!

alt text

alt text

• @voshell It's got a lot to live up to! It's next to the Ferryman Cutlass and everything! Considering we just got the Sunken Kingdom, who knows how it will be unlocked? Maybe a Mystery uncovering the secrets of the waves?

• @voshell what admiral variants are missing now? I believe it’s just one.

• @illbushido305 I don't think we're missing any now. I'm pretty sure we have all of these.

@illbushido305 I don't think we're missing any now. I'm pretty sure we have all of these.

I can confirm!

• @mferr11
    So..... when they run out of recolors to release, do you think we will get new sets? We've got to figure out how many recolors are left I guess.

Views
634 out of 1389