The SOT Card Game (non-officiel)

• Hello! I have a big project to share on the forum, but I have no idea how many images I'm allowed to post. If it turns out to be too many, please moderators, let me know, and I'll promptly remove some.

Let's get started! :) I know the topic of whether a card game is tolerated on Sea of Thieves has been raised. Well, yes, absolutely! The game I'm presenting today is not a gambling game. It's simply a quick and perhaps a bit complex game if you really want to get into it. But it's mainly meant as a pastime within the Sea of Thieves game. This is not a separate game entirely but rather a tabletop game directly integrated into the adventure. I drew inspiration from my three favorite card games to create it.

Don't worry, you're not obligated to read all the rules. The rules aren't final yet, but I've still worked hard to make sure everything runs smoothly, haha. If you're only interested in the beautiful cards, that's even better! It's also a collectible card game, after all!

Here to start are the card details, and another version with a visually simpler representation that is more representative in-game.

alt
    alt

Here, you can see that there are two types of cards: legendary and common. Legendary cards cannot be stolen after the battle. However, a card that has been played can be stolen if the person loses the battle.

alt

Similar to our ship decorations, cards obtained only through commendations will be able to evolve. :)
    alt

Now, let's delve a bit into the rules.
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt

BATTLE SYSTEME
    let's create an example to make things clearer!
    alt

The orange gem on the right represents speed; the card with the highest speed goes first.
    alt
    skelly have Power of 10. so he will attack the oppenent card with 10damage
    alt
    alt
    dont forget about the shield, the meg is not done yet
    alt
    alt
    alt
    Meg win !
    alt

You see ! it's not that complicated

BOARD GAME
    Now, here is the deck and game board. You're allowed only one copy of each card in the deck.
    alt
    alt

Now, let's face the actual gameplay. Again, nothing too complicated, but it's worth explaining each detail for those who are not familiar with card games in general.
    We'll flip a coin (heads or tails) to determine who starts the match.
    alt
    You start! So, you place a card, and your opponent does the same right after, anywhere, but only if your card can go on the Deep, Sea, and Land regions, of course.
    alt
    Combat takes place only at the end! So, strategy can continue, and everything can be played up until the last card.
    alt
    alt
    alt
    Here it gets a bit more complex. The player who started second must now begin the last turn to keep things fair.
    alt
    alt
    DONE! The game lasts approximately between 2 to 3 minutes maximum. I don't want it to be too long for several reasons that I'll explain later.
    Let's see who won! all card fight face to face.
    alt
    alt
    Perfect, you won! So, you have the right to steal a card that has been played on the board, excluding the legendary ones.

Ok, but what happens if there's a draw between two cards?
    alt
    Who wins? That's where the Soul Stone comes into play. The one with the better Soul wins the duel.
    alt
    alt

Here you go:

There you have it, the game is explained!

So if you still reading, I would like to talk about how to obtain it and where you can play this game. Because it would be strange to play and suddenly be killed by an opponent, and the match is canceled! Well, no, precisely.

Firstly, it doesn't matter if you die during the match; the game continues. You'll die just after the match anyway, but regardless, the game lasts a very short time. The reason it's short is that we never know when we might be attacked by a kraken, face an invasion, or encounter sudden PvP. The game is perfect for passing the time during voyages, but let's not forget the real game!"

OBTAIN THOSE CARD
    To obtain them? Easy! Common cards will be found everywhere, in barrels, forts, world events, in sunken ships, siren shrines, all over the open sea. And the legendary ones will be available only through commendations and cannot be stolen, as it would be a bit silly to have a commendation stolen, haha.

OK BUT WHERE CAN I PLAY
    Where to play? Anywhere there's a table, Port Merrick, tavern, all hideouts, and I would like us to be able to play even on the ship, perhaps on a barrel that serves no purpose, there is so many useless barril in all the ships type, that you pirate maybe can just spawn a chair , for example, and play on the barrel.

ALL SPECIES
    Here are all the cards (for now) that I am currently creating and improving every day for this purpose. I'm doing my best to make it all fair and fun; I even printed out cards to play with my cousin, just to see if it worked and to figure out which cards were too strong. Haha!

alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt

THATS IT. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments. I've put a copyright on my game, so only Sea of Thieves can take it. I'll leave it here. Thank you!
    alt

Views
    feedbackfan artjust for funcommunitycompetition
  • @littlematjab

Awsome stuff right there.

• Speachless. Amazing! If it ever gets a physical version, I wanna buy it hahah!

PS. the only change I'd make is to Port Merrick - drop 50% stats (performance) of every unit in 50m radius. Just kidding, just kidding! :'D

• @r3vanns

lol ! thank you ahaha. its really appreciate !
    Yes, I've thought about it, ahaha. Making cards out of maple wood is my plan. I happen to have a precision woodwork machine, lol. But, of course, I'd especially love to see it in our Sea of Thieves game, ahaha.

• @r3vanns a dit dans [The SOT Card Game (non-officiel)]

Port Merrick - drop 50% stats (performance) of every unit in 50m radius. Just kidding, just kidding! :'D

Port Merrick: reduces the speed of all ships and pirate by 2 speed 😂🤣

• @littlematjab You have my blessing bruv! Hahahah xD Get that license from Rare asap and start selling them. I need them! :D

• I sadly can't see the images rn.

Will have a look over this later on, but it sounds great :D

The only thing that bothers me, is that cards can get stolen from you. I think it depends on how rare/frequent the spawns are.

One question: Would you intend to have the normal cards carry over from session to session or despawn like supplies?

• @littlematjab

Looks really awesome, the only thing i would say is "less is more" , so don't add too many different rules and things because it will get over-complicated really quickly. Great job so far! ;)

• @haltzo5045 a dit dans The SOT Card Game (non-officiel) :

@littlematjab

Looks really awesome, the only thing i would say is "less is more" , so don't add too many different rules and things because it will get over-complicated really quickly. Great job so far! ;)

I agree, haha. Initially, I wanted to keep it very simple, but I got a bit carried away 😅🥲. At least, it's better that there are a lot of rules if Rare wants to choose only a few. They have plenty of options lol.

• @eike-peace1094 a dit dans The SOT Card Game (non-officiel) :

I sadly can't see the images rn.

Will have a look over this later on, but it sounds great :D

Check on your phone it might be works better :)

The only thing that bothers me, is that cards can get stolen from you. I think it depends on how rare/frequent the spawns are.

Yeah ! Only One Card common get be stolen if the player win the match.
    I took inspiration from Final Fantasy IX for this rule. Ahaha

One question: Would you intend to have the normal cards carry over from session to session or despawn like supplies?

No, no, I thought about keeping the Cards between sessions but with a limited space in the inventory. For example, a maximum of 200 common cards. So you can have duplicates. if you ever get robbed, it's less harsh because you can have 3-4-5-6 or 7+ the same cards in the inventory.

• @littlematjab
    Have you thought about what the whole thing will cost? 200 cards of wood you were saying is not going to be cheap?

• UPDATE #1
    Here's an example of a battle that takes place in the game. Don't forget that everything is done automatically by the game after placing the cards. The strategy is set beforehand. Then you watch the magic unfold before you.

alt
    alt
    Jack is the fastest of all the cards, his battle will unfold first.
    alt
    All the scrolls of all the cards activate their power at the same time.
    alt
    alt
    alt
    Jack has a speed of 6, and his enemy has a speed of 1, so he will attack him 6 times!
    alt
    Each hit from Jack was reduced by 1 because of the shield from the Fort of the Damned. That's why it's better to hit hard in one go than multiple times against a shielded cards.
    alt
    alt
    But Jack wins anyway.
    alt
    Then the next battle is always determined by the fastest card. If two cards have the same speed, their highest soul decides who attacks first.
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    Now let's look at a card with a shield versus a poison card.
    alt
    Meg is 2 time faster, so he will attack 2 time kraken
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    Kraken have a poison power of 4, so everytime Meg will attack, -4 HP on him
    alt
    alt
    The shield has no effect on poison; it cannot reduce its attack.
    alt
    Both cards kill each other, but Kraken has a stronger soul, so victory belongs to Kraken.
    alt
    alt
    You win, now you can only steal a common card that had been played by the oppenent !
    alt
    If the opponent has less than 8 commons in their inventory, it will be impossible to steal a card from him so he can continue playing.

• @haltzo5045

Ah no, no, lol. Basically, the 200 cards are the player's limit for common cards. Because, in essence, if Rare decides that my idea is good, it will be integrated into Sea of Thieves. And if I decide to make the cards in real life, I will use maple or birch wood; it's good, flexible, and resistant wood. It sells quite well in Canada at a reasonable price, especially if it's just for making cards; the quantity doesn't cost too much. It's mainly the effort I'll put into each card that will be time-consuming, haha.

Views
feedbackfan artjust for funcommunitycompetition
1 out of 13