EasyAntiCheat is not installed (Xbox app)

• So yesterday I installed SOT on Steam but refunded it after only one session as the optimization was weirdly worse than the Xbox app PC Gamepass version. Now that Steam SOT is gone from my account on Steam, whenever I try to launch SOT on my regularly used Xbox app, it says EasyAntiCheat is not installed. Yes, I verified my game files, and yes, I tried to install EAC from file explorer (yes I used launch as administrator) but it just flashes the cmd program and dissapears without launching anything. I saw a thread saying you need to copy the EAC file from another EAC supported game (I used Stumble guys) and paste it into the SOT file. The Stumble Guys folder didnt have EAC either. What do i do? is my account gone forever or something now?

Views
  • @awsd38 I would contact support on this one. I regularly switch between Microsoft and Steam and have not had this issue.

• Yeah, unfortunately, this is another part of the misconfiguration with EAC and SOT. A game using EAC should not remove it when uninstalled if EAC is being used by another game on that machine.

Try the "if the issue persists" guide here:

But to find the installer .exe mentioned in steps 1 and 2, use the path C:\XboxGames\Sea of Thieves\Content\Installers (replace C:\ with whatever drive you have the game installed on).

I know you said you tried to install as admin from explorer but not sure if you tried the above, which needs the product ID when you run the install? If so, apologies for repeating the information.

Regarding Stumble Guys, it may not be using Easy Anti-Cheat EOS but the regular Easy Anti-Cheat?... You can tell by which subfolders are created in your Program Files (x86) folder. (I should also mention that the folder isn't created until you run the game the first time, and you will usually be prompted that Steam is going to make changes to your computer.)

If it doesn't use EAC EOS, installing a game that does may fix the issue, if the above support guide doesn't work. I can confirm that Rust uses EAC EOS, but that's a paid game. Maybe try Apex Legends?

Views
2 out of 3