Tired of "Hard Mode"

• I have very few friends, as I have a disorder that makes it difficult to make friends. As a result, I'm typically limited to playing solo. With that in mind, I believe it would be a fair addition to allow solo players the option to join solo-crew-only servers. Solo slooping is often referred to as "hard mode," and currently, I have no other choice.

Here is a list of actions that solo players cannot do, but larger crews can:

• Board without risking losing a teammate (doing so likely results in sinking)
    • Face two opponents, each equipped with the blunderbuss-sniper combo boarding you (the combination of meta and numerical advantage means you sink)
    • Have one person managing repairs, another steering, and another firing cannons (I can't be in three places at once!)
    • Avoid getting trapped by a blunderbuss (larger ships offer more room for evasion and healing)
    • Attack with 2-3 attackers simultaneously (again. one pirate can't turn into 3)

If you believe that:

• One competent player vs. four competent players
    • One cannon on each side vs. four cannons on each side
    • Fewer starting supplies vs. more starting supplies
    • Inability to board vs. the ability for others to board

well, I don't know what to tell you.
    Statistically, one person against two boarders is at a disadvantage because the numbers are against them, and their blunderbusses inflict the same amount of damage as your single blunderbuss. (that is, if you use the blunderbuss)

Views
  • @craftergames706 said in Tired of "Hard Mode":

I have very few friends, as I have a disorder that makes it difficult to make friends. As a result, I'm typically limited to playing solo.

Something that can be some relief in this situation is incorporating a streaming channel as background convo.

Doesn't need to be SoT or anyone you know.

A calm (typically smaller channels) streaming situation with someone that is chill to listen to while they play/interact with their chat can make quite a difference for people that struggle with the solo part of SoT.

Music/podcasts/etc are always an option but the live conversation/content can often have the radio effect. It often helps for a lot of different situations that include some form of feeling/being isolated

Nothing with a lot of venting or ranting or excessive complaining etc. Nothing with all the repetitive loud noise alerts and all that. Just a chill and good vibes resource.

• Idk what to tell you.
    Ive come across solo players who dominate against Galleon crews as if they were solo themselves.

If you damage a ship, someone on a crew of 2-4 has to stop what they are doing. More holes or damage to a ship, more crewmates have to stop what they are doing to speed up repairing or fight.

Board without risking losing a teammate

As a solo...I have no teammate to lose...so where the risk?

Face two opponents, each equipped with the blunderbuss-sniper combo boarding you

Leaving there one respawn point unprotected or less defended. A good few scattershots and firebomb will send 1 or both back to "save the ship"

Have one person managing repairs, another steering, and another firing cannons

as a Solo...you can do all this. It easy after you know tips and such. Sometimes you just dont even worry about repairing if you know how much damage your ship took and how long it takes for it to fill with water before you sink. It all calculated.

Avoid getting trapped by a blunderbuss

Any ship or crew is easy to trap. If this happens, you lost the fight, time to scuttle.

Attack with 2-3 attackers simultaneously

Nobody complains whey do attack Forts with a wave of 5-10 gold skeletons using blunderbuss or shadow skeletons at night. Same principle.

With that in mind, I believe it would be a fair addition to allow solo players the option to join solo-crew-only servers.

So what your plan IF they offer this, you join a server and come across an Alliance of Sloops. You can't join or refuse so they gang up on you. Back to square one

• They should absolutely have solo only servers.

It’s way too much of an ask for an average solo to defeat an average full crew.

I don’t know why Rare hasn’t done this, I’ve been asking for years.

Right now I suggest you use open crew until you find someone who is fun to play with and works well with you and then add them as a friend.

I use open crew all the time.

Views
1 out of 4