It takes too long to reach pirate legend

• The amount of time it takes to reach pirate legend is honestly absurd, and considering the developers have always said 'the game really starts when you reach pirate legend' I would've expected it to me a more 'realistic' goal, so to speak. My reputation levels are currently 36, 36, 30, and considering I've been told that leveling from 42 - 50 takes the same amount of time as the previous 42 levels, I just don't aspire to reach legendary status anymore. I know that the title wouldn't mean as much if anyone and everyone had it, but why not make pirate legend a more achievable and realistic goal for the majority and then make ranks to exceed pirate legend harder to achieve? (e.g. the rumored 'pirate captain' or 'legendary captain')

The other alternative is to add new game play mechanics with new ways of earning reputation, but to justify the amount of time it takes to achieve pirate legend this would require months of work.

Views
  • well said, the GH and MA are not so bad to be honest once you get a good haul going, the main problem is the OOS that one is where your grind kinda haults to walking backwards

• Yeah, at 35/35/35 I burnt out and havnt played for about 2 weeks until Hungering Deep.

Honestly its a bit strange they added an RPG element of levelling in a sandbox game anyway.

Pirate Legend should be about "feats" acheived like a combo of events such as killing the giant Shark. Kraken etc.

• I reached Pirate Legend after 2 months of playing everyday for about 6ish hours a day. Now, I would consider that a lot of time per day, and I understand a large portion of people simply can’t play that much. But even still, if you cut that in half and played 3 hours a day, you’d be looking at about 4 months to reach Pirate Legend. Which really isn’t bad at all.

A majority of people seem to want to get to Pirate Legend as soon as possible, but don’t realize the time commitment that it takes to do that. Even hitting Pirate Legend after 2 months is extremely fast, and there’s people out there that had it long before me. I don’t think there’s any issues with it’s current amount of Rep/Time required to get there.

• Do you have any recommendations for becoming a Pirate Legend? Im 35, 34, 30 so I really need some advice.

• @oceanmann7 honestly, why even reach PL? it just unlocks some cosmetics and a title, other than that you'll be doing the same stuff

• What do I have to say? People like to feel powerful and special.

• @a-hawkzxx My advice is to stop running GH missions and save those for last. Start alternating between OoS and MA missions. Run Skull Forts when you can as they give a little of everything. Stop at all the shipwrecks, do quick recons of the islands you’re visiting.

Only do MA missions with 2 or more golds. If you have any friends that are a higher level, have them put their missions down for OoS as the skulls will be better.

But most of all, just have fun playing. There is honestly no reason to “grind” to Pirate Legend if you’re not having fun. You literally gain a free purple outfit, a title, the ability to buy some ship cosmetics that will cost you 930,000 and the ability to buy Athena’s quests.... that’s it. Maybe in the future there will be more, but right now it’s pretty barebones.

• I’m a pirate legend. I don’t think it takes too long at all. I was actually upset when they increased the drop rates making it EASIER to level up. Trust me as far as I can tell the game does not start at pirate legend. I already own any & every in game clothing, boat & weapon skins I care to own. What’s left to grind for? Also they are introducing weekly events making it again EASIER to become a pirate legend. I personally wish the grind was more or more to grind for I hate being level capped, because I’m pulling into outposts with legendary hauls even without any incentive.

• Yeah... I prefer to live a healthy social life without a game completely dominating my schedule.

• @jack-littleshoe I second that...No rush. For fun now, I dress as a new player and help other people out. Yes I coach and have a full time time job. Its a lot of late nights with little sleep to be honest. Now once I have Athena done, thats it!!! All that time to look like friar tuck.... :)

• #RepDoesntMatter besides theres no rush at all

• Getting pirate legend is the least of my concerns. I'm just out to have a good time every time I set sail. I'm right around lvl 30 in all three trading companies, and honestly, after being on board during a couple legendary voyages, I have no interest in getting pirate legend. The quests are the same recycled c**p with 800% more skeletons, and the cosmetics are tacky AF. Until they make changes to what being pirate legend entails, I will happily just keep playing and having a good time at lower levels. There is literally nothing about being pirate legend that is better than being non-pirate legend.

• @scraps666999 Then don't let it dominate your life. You have a choice. I'm not a legend and I don't think about it. I just play.

So many people wanting it to be easier, to take less time and to provide more rewards. The bar is set. Do or do not.

• @gatorwocky oh and that's exactly it. I've already stopped. But the bar is the point of this discussion. This is a casual sandbox experience with an arbitrary hardcore esque 'bar' excluding future content.

What does pirate legend mean after 50 levels in each faction. That you're an employee of three firms. Not an autonomous force of nature to be feared.

I say feats of legend are a way to go. Defeat big shark? Check. Defeat Kraken? Check. Pirate Legend coyld have been built up to be a thing reached in one year after doing these types of events, or doing a number of legendary feats from a list. Instead you're just a purple employee.

• Since I know there is nothing special about being a legendary pirate, I don't really mind. The game pretty much ends when you reach it.

My problem however is the level requirements of the faction unlocks. Once you get to the 40's, you have really big gaps between the items. Want the full set of weapons or your hook and pegleg? Get all the way to level 47 and 48.

At this point, each level should unlock something.

• @daddy-sanctus it is true that the OP say? 42 to 50 takes you the same amount of time of 1 to 42? I'm currently in 41/38/41 playing almost solo from the release day of the game

• @daddy-sanctus said in It takes too long to reach pirate legend:

I reached Pirate Legend after 2 months of playing everyday for about 6ish hours a day. Now, I would consider that a lot of time per day, and I understand a large portion of people simply can’t play that much. But even still, if you cut that in half and played 3 hours a day, you’d be looking at about 4 months to reach Pirate Legend. Which really isn’t bad at all.

A majority of people seem to want to get to Pirate Legend as soon as possible, but don’t realize the time commitment that it takes to do that. Even hitting Pirate Legend after 2 months is extremely fast, and there’s people out there that had it long before me. I don’t think there’s any issues with it’s current amount of Rep/Time required to get there.

Oh, so I only need to spend 25% of my daylight hours doing the exact same quests in this game for four consecutive months to reach pirate legend? That's not bad at all!

• @daneldanel said in It takes too long to reach pirate legend:

@daddy-sanctus it is true that the OP say? 42 to 50 takes you the same amount of time of 1 to 42? I'm currently in 41/38/41 playing almost solo from the release day of the game

Its more like 1-40 is the same as 40-50, im 46/46/44 right now but it honestly doesnt feel like its going that slow yet, merch feels the slowest for me honestly

• @oceanmann7 Honestly I kind of agree. Only two of my friends actually play this game and I’ve been trying so damn hard to keep a positive attitude and I really do enjoy the game. I’m at 45/42/36 now and I’ve pretty much just burned out on it. And it sucks because the game is awesome. It’s just so damn repetitive towards the end, and the experience you get for turning in a ridiculous amount of chests or skulls at my point in levels is insulting. I’d love to be able to walk around in that legend p**p suit but I just don’t have the passion for it anymore...

• I worry about timed-exclusive PL gear that may come with certain events like THD... 😰

• @oceanmann7
    I too wish there was different ways to earn rep. That said the grind is really not that bad. I take it you have never played Runescape

• @oceanmann7
    Actually it doesn't take that long...
    I just reached legend yesterday.. I didn't spam forts nor focused on grinding... I only get more focused after lvl 45 of each alliance... you just need to better your choices and be selective about quests.
    Manage well your time and properly drop your head in what really matters.. don't waste too much time with PvP.
    If your willing to do a fort do it while it is worth... Don't waste too much energy on that

About legendary... No the game doesn't start at legend.. it's exactly the same. So don't bother much if it takes you long since this adds nothing new to it (at.least not yet).. just enjoy it like you're legend already

• @nunoazuldimeter Congratulations on becoming Pirate Legend!

• @evasive-envy thanks mate 😁

• Its a big Lie that 42-50 Takes the same Time as 1-42 Not Even close it Took me 4 Weeks to Reach piratelegend ( without serverhopping and merchantbug) to everybody dont rush it there is nothing behind the Rainbow i quit playing Since reaching PL and just Came back for THD and stop playing disappointet again.

Ps got a fulltimejob

• The fact that it takes long isn't really the issue, that manner in which you have to get there is.

• 40/34/44 here and I have put a ton of hours in. If I'm not even halfway there, then yea, that is a problem.

Rare really should reduce the grind to legend.

• it take like 200 hours reach pirate legend so
    if you play 14 - 15 hour day you can get it in 2 weeks
    7 hours day you can get in month
    3 hours day you can get it in 2 months
    2 hours day you can get it in 3 months

Game is almost 3 months old so you can get it pretty casually already at this point and we still not have any new content where it actually matter are you PL or not. Like PL is useless for The Hungering Deep.

• @daneldanel No, I don’t feel it was like that. From 45-50 I was getting about 1 level a day. I was 50/45/44 and then it was like 5-7 more days before hitting PL.

@OceanMann7 No... 25% of your daylight hours playing will get you there in 2 months. Only 12% of your daylight hours are needed to get you there in 4 months. LoL, not bad, right!?

• It is LEGEND, not everybody. I like that its hard. Why not reward onlybthe truely willingfull?

• OOS was the faction I hit 50 in first. It was the easiest and least repetitive to me.

Stealing skull fort skulls helped me get OOS finished as well.

• I got legend after 1 month 2 weeks of play🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽 0,06% in the world 😎

Dont understand Why the complain, u need hard work to reatch that lvl. And Why do u want to reatch it so fast??? Because the more legends that come to the game and u get a legend to play with, then in fact u put less time into the game than we ho have to grind from 0-50 and then 0-10 in athena

In fact i would rarher be in ur shoes than in mine, because i cant tell u How many 100eds of hours i have put into this game and Im about to reatch athena lvl 8 now

• @daddy-sanctus It's pretty much the chicken and the egg problem. Without more pirate legends they won't dare to add content just for legends, without changing the requirements they won't get many more legends. I stopped the grind at 20-15-15 and didn't regret it one day. I rather play games I enjoy than play one game for the sake of playing it.

• @oceanmann7 I got Pirate Legend in 47 days and I work 40 hour weeks. It is honestly not that hard..

Views
1 out of 54