Megalodon Vs. Kraken

• Hey, forum! Like some of you have surely seen by now, I was witness to a simultaneous megalodon and Kraken attack. The Kraken had just sunk a galleon and I was parked outside the ink in my sloop, when an aggressive megalodon appeared and attacked me. It was quite a sight to see the megalodon bite my rump with giant tentacles in the background! However, it did give me some ideas about threat interaction to throw around. Wouldn't it be awesome if the megalodon were to flee when the Kraken surfaced, or if a megalodon were to get grabbed by a tentacle should it stray into the ink? What do you think?

Views
  • @guarez actually, the kraken fled when the megalodon showed up, merik mentions it in his journal (I PAY ATTENTION! GIVE ME A GOLD STAR!)
    But yes, it be awesome! or when the skeleton ships show up, they fight the kraken and can also get hit by the tentacles!

• @onyx-wartooth
    Wow, I must have missed that. So cool, love the lore! Now that the Hungering One is dead, I wonder if the Kraken is still afraid to throw down with a megalodon?

• @guarez i want to see the meg use more than 1 attack. for example: jumping out of the water (like a dolphin), screeching loudly. getting your ship swarmed with smaller sharks. and maybe even lure another meg to your ship.

• @guarez The Hungering One isn't dead matey, simply licking her wounds!

Battered and broken by the cannon fire of an entire sea of adversaries, the Hungering One has returned to the depths and can no longer be summoned
    (source)

She'll be back when the time is right (when Rare decide to re-roll the Merrick campaign in a few months)

• Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus

• @onyx-wartooth said in Megalodon Vs. Kraken:

@guarez actually, the kraken fled when the megalodon showed up, merik mentions it in his journal (I PAY ATTENTION! GIVE ME A GOLD STAR!)
    But yes, it be awesome! or when the skeleton ships show up, they fight the kraken and can also get hit by the tentacles!

https://boyerwrites.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/gold-star.gif

• @jorin33 Why you tryna throw that Sharknado evil on us?

• @guarez sounds awesome. I hope as they add threats to the sea there is some sort of interaction between them. A game that comes to mind that does monsters interacting with each other well is monster hunter world. If they can include even a tenth of that sort of interaction and world ecosystem it would make these fights feel so unbelievably epic.
    I know this probably never going to happen, but a man can dream.....

• @jorin33 said in Megalodon Vs. Kraken:

@guarez i want to see the meg use more than 1 attack. for example: jumping out of the water (like a dolphin), screeching loudly. getting your ship swarmed with smaller sharks. and maybe even lure another meg to your ship.

I like this idea, make the fight a little hard and get some loot to it.
    if there is "Shark Hunter" wrote under my name, I want to hunt it and get some prizes.

PS: same story for kraken
    PPS: it can be an opportunity to implement more variety in the game

• @sshteeve
    Holy moly, how could I forget? I think I may need to lay off the grog...

@ReptarTheory
    Sharknado is merely a cautionary tale which reminds us to shoot every shark on sight out on the Sea of Thieves.

• When I think of "Megalodon vs Kraken" I am always reminded of The Battle from Journey to the Centre of the Earth by Rick Wakeman. :-)

Views
7 out of 12